It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien and human skulls found on Mars

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Looks alot like a skull to me, especially the eyes and nose being perfectly uniform like in a real skull, the shape of the nose very realistic, so this might not just be a coincidence.
I enlarged this up as best I could without sacrificing quality.

The only thing is, I don't really think you can call that curved line at the bottom left corner of the 'skull' a mouth...

[edit on 6/9/2009 by bl4ke360]

In RED it appears to be a rock in front of the skull, if you look at the GREEN it appears to be the correct location where the lower jaw would seperate from the skull.....Now look back at the original image, you can even see the shadow that runs under the rock in question

[edit on 9-6-2009 by imeddieone4202003]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Looks alot like a skull to me, especially the eyes and nose being perfectly uniform like in a real skull, the shape of the nose very realistic, so this might not just be a coincidence.
I enlarged this up as best I could without sacrificing quality.

The only thing is, I don't really think you can call that curved line at the bottom left corner of the 'skull' a mouth...

[edit on 6/9/2009 by bl4ke360]

Notice the location of the jaw separation on the pic above and the model below..The location is almost EXACT

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by tristar

It has the symetry, but what is that on the 'forhead'?
looks more like a helmet.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Here is a clearer image if indeed it is the same one as the OP mentioned, if not its a different rock that resembles a skull.

Link to clearer photo

IMO this is nothing but a rock, don't get me wrong I would love to scream that it is something else but I just can't sorry.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Here is a clearer image if indeed it is the same one as the OP mentioned, if not its a different rock that resembles a skull.

Link to clearer photo

IMO this is nothing but a rock, don't get me wrong I would love to scream that it is something else but I just can't sorry.

Absolutely NOT the picture in question, please refer to my posts above and i await your response, its much more intriguing if you ask me....

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Yeah Frank, but thats nothing like the photo in the OP!!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
It doesn't necessarily have to be a "Human" skull, it could be an alien primate type creature with a bony extrusion on it's forehead. It is definitely bone material, several bone fragments in this image. Possibly THE biggest discovery ever but Nasa will just cruise on by and ignore it since they already know the deal.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It does look like a skull but I have a problem with perspective here. How big is it exactly? It is quite far away by all appearances and has to be zoomed in on quite considerably. I think that we are dealing with simulacra.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by KRISKALI777
reply to post by franspeakfree

Yeah Frank, but thats nothing like the photo in the OP!!

When i posted the photo, i scaled down the image in size and resolution, here is the direct link :

marsrovers.jpl.nasa.gov...

The item we are looking at is just at the bottom of the photo and slightly to the left.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I'm grateful to the OP for reposting because I havn't seen it before. It's worth remembering that not everyone on here has been around for a year and so will have missed alot of earlier stories.

Anyway, at first I dismissed the post but when I saw the closeups I was intrigued.

What I was thinking though is if it was a boney skull lying exposed on the surface how long could it remain intact. Would it not be broken down fairly quickly by weather and sunlight. Perhaps it has recently become exposed after being buried below the surface.

The scene reminds me of the start of Terminator 2 where all the skulls are lying about and crushed by the robots

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Great pic! I dont think I have seen this one before. It does look like a skull! Interesting! I will have to look at more links on this.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't trust this website, with headlines such as "cyclops baby born in india," "Russian fishermen catch squeaking alien and eat it," "vampires proved to exist," "Atlantis found..."

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The photo appears to be genuine. That's about all I can interpret.

I suppose maybe I'm one of those 'dumb people' but I have never seen this image before.

It strikes me as odd that it is indeed apparently bleached. If I were to further speculate, I would have to assume that it is also fairly smooth, or we wouldn't be able to see that it is bleached. The dust has just slid right off.

I'm having a hard time finding naturally occurring rocks that resemble skulls in the scale present here. We've all seen blurry images before and know that our brains want to make them into faces. Given that, I'm skeptical.

I do also find it very unusual that the 'eye sockets' seem so symmetrical and identical.

Kids learn that holes can be formed in rocks by dripping water. Those wholes usually end up pretty round with clean edges, but TWO holes? Right next to each other? Where are the two dripping streams of water?

Wish I could see it out of the dirt, but come one, who believes that would show us that?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Great find... even if it has been discussed before.

I see the skull plain as day. But there is somthign that I just dont understand..... Why does everyone think that everything on Mars is a rock? There could be a truck on 20" rims and alot of people would just say " oooo that.... looks like a rock to me, That is easly formed by water and sand erosion ( sp?)" Now I understand being a skeptic but a skull shaped rock formed by nature seems more far streched that a real skull on mars. This thing could not have been formed by dripping water cause... where did the water drip from? There are no cliffs in site, it is in the middle of nothing.

Now it could very well be a trick of light... which seems to happen alot on mars. But all I can see is the skull and others I show the photo to( with out telling them what to look for ) see a skull also.

Now I do not mean to offend anyone. I just think it is funny how everything on mars is a rock no matter what its shape is.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tristar

This is why I don't believe anything Pravda prints...

It's just way too sensationalist...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Believable or not, looking at the original mars rover image as posted above, it does look like a skull when you zoom in.

I guess there's only one way to find out the truth, accelerate the private sector space program, and send the first manned mission to Mars!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mekanic
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Believable or not, looking at the original mars rover image as posted above, it does look like a skull when you zoom in.

I guess there's only one way to find out the truth, accelerate the private sector space program, and send the first manned mission to Mars!

I will agree that we need to accelerate the program...

I'm all good with that!

But that rock looks like all the other rocks around it with the same pitting...

The anthropomorphizing of the subconscious shows a lot that isn't there...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Right who says it has to be human...it could be a diffrent creature. You know NASA is going to tell us the truth, they always do...we can trust them.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by imeddieone4202003

In RED it appears to be a rock in front of the skull, if you look at the GREEN it appears to be the correct location where the lower jaw would seperate from the skull.....Now look back at the original image, you can even see the shadow that runs under the rock in question

Actually, if you look NEXT to the green, it appears as if the jaw is still attached and it is hidden behind a rock INFRONT of the skull.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Oh good grief. The power of imagination. I imagine one could look at pictures of any of the hundreds of rocky planets in the galaxy and see "skulls" and "pyramids" and probably even Mother Mary if they look long enough. You guys go ahead but im not buying it. I need more than these pics because its all in the angle and lighting and one can see all sorts of stuff.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join