It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien and human skulls found on Mars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:45 AM
link   
The principle component of bones are a suit of minerals known as calcium phosphates. Generic formula: Ca3(PO4)2. Like many calcium bearing minerals it refracts all wavelengths.
In contrast to the search for extant organisms, the quest for fossil remains of life on Mars need not be guided by the presence of water and organic compounds on the present surface. An appropriate tracer might be the element phosphorus which is a common constituent of living systems. Utilizing terrestrial analogues, it should preferentially exist in the form of sedimentary calcium phosphate (phosphorites), which would have readily resisted changing conditions on Mars. Moreover, higher ratios of P/Th in phosphorites in comparison to calcium phosphates from magmatic rocks give us the possibility to distinguish them from inorganically formed phosphorus deposits at or close to the Martian surface. Identification of anomalous phosphorus enrichments by remote sensing or in situ analysis could be promising approaches for selecting areas preferentially composed of rocks with remains of extinct life and that of light giving is a whitish color.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I've seen an awful lot of images from Mars that supposedly contain all kinds of things from cities to creatures to machine parts and I can never make out any of it. I've got to say though that this thing sure does look like a skull, I know pareidolia and all but still there's been quite a few "skulls on Mars" over the years so maybe there could be something to it after all.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
The principle component of bones are a suit of minerals known as calcium phosphates. Generic formula: Ca3(PO4)2. ... Identification of anomalous phosphorus enrichments by remote sensing or in situ analysis could be promising approaches for selecting areas preferentially composed of rocks with remains of extinct life and that of light giving is a whitish color.

Thanks for interesting info, probably; Spirit was not equipped with the correct equipment to give us a definitive answer. Or was it? But can the slightly less sophisticated technique tell us about the size of the skull looking object? It should be possible to tall from the photo, if certain parameters about the shot are known.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sorry for posting here, because I've got nothing to add really, but I wanted to be able to find this post again.

I find it interesting, to say the least.

posted on Dec, 8 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by mushibrain

Originally posted by Hack28
The principle component of bones are a suit of minerals known as calcium phosphates. Generic formula: Ca3(PO4)2. ... Identification of anomalous phosphorus enrichments by remote sensing or in situ analysis could be promising approaches for selecting areas preferentially composed of rocks with remains of extinct life and that of light giving is a whitish color.

Thanks for interesting info, probably; Spirit was not equipped with the correct equipment to give us a definitive answer. Or was it? But can the slightly less sophisticated technique tell us about the size of the skull looking object? It should be possible to tall from the photo, if certain parameters about the shot are known.

In true conspiratorial fashion -

didn't the rover go down for a while? Maybe it wasn't down. Maybe it just wasn't sending anything that was meant for publication.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
In true conspiratorial fashion -

didn't the rover go down for a while? Maybe it wasn't down. Maybe it just wasn't sending anything that was meant for publication.

Oh absolutely. But few good ones slipped in anyway. However they forgot to blur a few skulls; must be very tiring to blur hundreds of skulls a day

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join