It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trooper acquitted in crash that killed sisters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This is why cops are corrupt - because the system rewards them for it.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
it almost makes me sick inside to think what the parents have dealt w/.
man oh man. one thing for sure if he's the only one who knows the full
truth of the matter and he's got just the slightest bit of guilt on him.and he's a normal functioning human being. just that little bit of guilt in a
matter like this,will absolutly rip his life to shreds anyway. even more sad
is if it was just a total accident that couldn't be avoided. if he's like most
of us. it will probly still ruin the rest of his life. either way it's going to haunt him he won't escape that.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
"Jury of Peers"

What? The same "peers" that let OJ go free? The same peers that watch "dancing with the stars" and don't know who the Vice President is? Lets be realistic here.

This cop deserves time for not turning on his lights and killing those poor girls. Justice my arse. If I had did that I'd get the chair. He gets a pension and his job back.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by ACEMANN]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
This is just tragic! If he was just some guy who ran a stop sign he would be JAILED!!! He should have had his lights on and his sirens!! It's his own negligence and nobody else.

I had a cop pull me over on the highway once and ticket me for impeding the flow of traffic! He was behind me then next to me THEN infront of me. After he was infront of me he got back behind me and pulled me over. He said he was on his way to a call and I was blocking his way. He had NO sirens OR lights on! He also got infront of me! If he was on his way to an important call then why did he get behind me a second time? I swear cops are getting away with everything it seems lately. I know there are good ones, but there seems to be a lot of bad ones in the news lately....

I feel so bad for this family. He should be punished! He is eager to go to work? Does he have no guilt of what he did?? He is totally responsible for what happened. This is just so sad.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Here is a quote from the trooper

"I still think about it every day," Higbee said to reporters after the verdict had been read. "It's with us, it's with me. Nothing's ever going to bring those girls back. But, I think the jury said what we've been thinking all along: This was an accident, not a crime. I never went out there to hurt anybody, and I'm glad the jury saw that."

I think that this was an accident. It's very sad when any accident happens that causes the loss of life.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
It's the long tradition of double standards at work again. Cops get away with stuff way too easily.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by blind.face

Originally posted by ATS Member
The girl driving was 17 and had a learners permit. The sister was 19. The law there requires that someone driving with a learners permit must be accompanied by someone 21 or older. The passenger wasn't wearing her seat belt. They were on the road illegally...

www.pressofatlanticcity.com...

And that somehow clears him of their death? It's funny how people try to justify wrongs with wrongs..

The fact that the cop was acquitted by a jury of his peers was a much more solid argument.

They are just facts.

You can blow your gasket and make assumptions all you want.

It doesn't surprise me that THE FACTS are the things that you are attacking here.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by ATS Member

The reason your facts got attacked is because they don't matter. What exactly are you trying to prove by posting them? What is their purpose?

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140

The reason your facts got attacked is because they don't matter. What exactly are you trying to prove by posting them? What is their purpose?

The facts of the story matter. If they didn't, then fact that the girls died wouldn't.

If an illegal immigrant crosses the border and gets shot, nobody cares.

If an illegal driver dies, everyone cries.

Good riddance to the illegal road immigrants. If they were doing what they were supposed to be doing, they'd be alive right now.

It's their fault. The cop was just doing his job - chasing a speeder.

They... they were just mucking up the situation. Thier death is exactly why we have the laws in the first place.

[edit on 9-6-2009 by ATS Member]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Thats like saying its a persons fault for getting shot, beause they was in front of the barrel.

It was an accident, nobodies fault.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
and did you see today,,, an la cop was charged with murder,,, it was a cold case and apparently all they had to do was go across the hall to arrest the murderer

not a good week to be a cop huh?

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
Here is a quote from the trooper

"I still think about it every day," Higbee said to reporters after the verdict had been read. "It's with us, it's with me. Nothing's ever going to bring those girls back. But, I think the jury said what we've been thinking all along: This was an accident, not a crime. I never went out there to hurt anybody, and I'm glad the jury saw that."

I think that this was an accident. It's very sad when any accident happens that causes the loss of life. [/quote)

Yeah it was a tragic accident that could have been prevented. He should realize that at least. Had he had his lights and sirens on those girls would more than likely be alive. There are many cases where accidents happen and people get jailed. Why is he so different? He should at least be suspended or fired or some kind of punishment. He is glad the jury saw it his way otherwise he would be in jail. I know it was an accident but it was his negligence that caused it so he should be punished IMO.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join