It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child whom silenced the UN

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is propaganda at its worst. To say that this statement is so powerful because it came from a 13 year old is laughable.

She drank the Kool Aid just like all the other kids who parents raise them to be environmentalists, christians, muslims, democrats, republicans, etc…

The only credit I will give this young women is that she spoke to the U.N. at age 13. That is impressive. Her content was the same crap that they spew today.

"The sky is falling!"

Bleh

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
She puts a lot of faith in mankinds ability to change thats a mistake

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I can silence the "UN". Just give me the chance to tell them a few things. But there is nobody to talk to. UN are just a bunch of old bureaucrats, and after any speech, they will just say to themselves "interesting", then just do what they always do.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'd be very proud if this girl was my daugther.

Am...to the poster who said she's preaching propaganda, I advise you to be silent, as you are the one spewing propaganda!

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
No S/F because you do not have your facts straight.

In 1992, at the age of 12, Cullis-Suzuki raised money with members of ECO, to attend the Earth Summit in Rio de Janeiro. Along with group members Michelle Quigg, Vanessa Suttie, and Morgan Geisler, Cullis-Suzuki presented environmental issues from a youth perspective at the summit, where she was applauded for a speech to the delegates

EarthSummit =/= UN...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by smans
No S/F because you do not have your facts straight.

EarthSummit =/= UN...

actually,

Conference: United Nations Conference on Environment and Development (UNCED), Rio de Janeiro, 3-14 June 1992
Informal name: The Earth Summit

From www.un.org...

which to me reads as a UN summit

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vilyariel

A UN commission is not the UN.
Like saying the 9/11 commission is the US government, it's not.

en.wikipedia.org...(1992)

Oh, and it was 6 minutes not 5

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by smans

if you read that wikipedia article, it states that it

was a major United Nations conference held in Rio de Janeiro from June 3 to June 14, 1992.

which to me, says it was a UN run Conference, not UN supported, un commisioned conference

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 04:44 AM
link   
I like how she realizes how lucky her circumstances are, yes, she could have been one of those poor children, and bless her for wanting to help them because they were not lucky enough to be born into her circumstance.

I think I'd die of shock if politicians made sure that their actions reflected their words.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Here is a interesting video with that girl , but she is much older.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wise words for a 13 year old...
Yeah, but did she write the speech? I highly doubt it. Was a previous poster correct in saying she was David Suzuki's daughter??
That would explain a lot, as she is pushing for the same agenda he is. Suzuki has been known to wildly exagerate his claims of global warming catastrophe, among other other things, and bellitles scientists who present any AGW skeptical.

Sounds noble doesn't it. The cute little 13 year old said she didn't have an agenda. True. But her dad does. But you have to look at what is really being proposed. The UN wants a transfer of wealth, from the western nations to the third world nations. And they will be the middle man, taking a slice off of that wealth to fund reform of the UN into a global government structure. They have been proposing this for a long time, in fact around the time this speech was made. And Global Warming is going to be their ticket to all this profit.

A lot of what she says rings true, we are harming the environment in more ways than one. But the proposal of transfer of wealth to third world countries, so they can use expensive 'green' energy as opposed to cheap CO2 emmiting energy, in the name of 'climate change' is dubious.

Great speech, well presented by an articulate 13 year old, but questionable motives behind the person who wrote or "helped" write the speech.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dracodie
Here is a interesting video with that girl , but she is much older.

www.youtube.com...

Everone should watch this video as well, as it is far more telling than the OP. If Suzuki's daughter didn't have an agenda when she was 13, she certainly does now.
Good find.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
reply to post by muzzleflash

Erm this has been posted tons of times, why is it being posted again, with flags and stars? Sorry i just get annoyed at people getting credit for things they probably found on this site and then repackaging them.

If it had not been posted I may never have seen and it had value for me, it's so sad that no one listened.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   
words can not describe

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by breakingdradles

It's nice except she calls for a one world government.

Is that why you posted it in NWO, as she furthers their agenda?

Sounded to me like she wanted no more harmful chemicals.

Sounded to me like she was calling the world leaders out on their hypocrisy.

Sounded to me like she wanted world peace.

....we should act as one single world, towards one single goal. - Severn Suzuki

I may see a little "one world world government" in this statement. However, you must realize (I am sure you do), one world government is not necessarily evil. It really depends on one's definition (which I am sure you also know).

Yes. With the current course of action that has been taken by world leaders as of late, it seems unlikely it will be anything but evil, especially since the corporations basically run the world via money. And with money involved, usually malevolent actions are taken.

My Point:

Given her statements, she seemed genuinely worried about the human species and uniting us as a whole in order to STOP wars. I do not see much wrong with that, do you?

[edit on 9-6-2009 by Unlimitedpossibilities]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentry-
How depressing, a decade and a half later and nothing has changed, things have just gotten worse. The problem seems to be that everything is connected, you can't just fix X problem and have Y and Z be solved, we have to change the whole for any real changed to come about, which at this point is nearly impossible to do.

We have to change paradigms, perhaps? [smile]

Yeah, I agree. We have to come up with a different approach.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Children should be seen ..........Not heard.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:06 AM
link   
She probably wrote that speech.
No, I don't know that for certain. But she was definitely capable of it. I'm paraphrasing here, but this is just a fragment of the knowledge and wisdom you dismissed. How WW1 began: "A man got shot and then it all went bang bang". Which, if you think about iot, is a remarkabley consice and succinct explanation of an easily-overcomplicated war. Sure, there are a few details missing, but short is sweet. Adults seem to forget that often. Loud and long seems to be the only way to get your attention, which is why her speech had to be 6 minutes long instead of:
"You're killing people and destroying our world forever. Stop it."

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Someone expressed the opinion that this video represents a child parroting the propaganda of others around them.

It is true that in the early 1990s and late 1980s, most kids in public school were taught about the greenhouse effect and pollution, and to that extent, I can entertain the possibility that this is a form of propaganda that she is parroting - of sorts. I am saying this in a strong effort to remain open-minded and to show respect for different points of view.

Nevertheless, it doesn't change the obvious concern that this child had when speaking. It doesn't lessen how real her emotions and desire to articulate a specific message were. Human-caused global warming is scientifically debatable, yes. Whether we are having some negative impact on the environment at all is not, in my personal opinion. Of course, people are free to disagree, and I respect that.

Far more moving to me, however, was her statement that adults always tell children to get along with one another, to resolve their disputes without violence, to be tolerant, and to share, but that the world's governments rendered those lessons hypocritical by persisting in warfare, waste, overconsumption, institutionalized intolerance (political or otherwise,) and greed.

As for whether she wrote this herself: I could easily have written that at the age of eleven.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Wow, it's funny I found this on ATS tonight...

I was just watching this video in a class I had.

<< 1    3 >>

join