It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Disclosure Meant World War 3, Would You Still Want It?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
If our governments have been holding back on disclosure because they felt that WW3 would be the result, would you still want it?

Is it better to know the truth, whatever it may be, and go through another war that has the potential to end the existance of mankind on Earth?

Maybe disclosure could be used to prevent WW3?

Personally, I think that it is certainly possible that disclosure could cause WW3 in some scenarios. It could be that disclosure would not necessarily mean the confirmation of ET existance/visitation. It may well be disclosure of projects that were running 60+ years ago that required the ET hypothesis to steer attention away from the real truth.

It could be that there exists hidden technology that is so frightenly advanced and dangerous that finally revealing it could result in another country launching a premptive strike on the country making the disclosure to prevent use of the new technology.

Who knows eh?!

It would be great to read your thoughts on this

[edit on 7/6/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Of course no one would want world war 3- however I believe the Star Nation wants to share Health, Wealth and remove the clutches of doubt from our own insecurities. For so long we have heard that this is not good for you- what if it finally turned out to be GREAT for you/we/us.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Your getting close, your only illusion is that there is some kind of option hear to avoid WW3, the truth is we should get it over with sooner rather than later. Here is the scenario; as any ufologist knows Truman struck a deal with the Draconian Collective after WW2. This was the reptilians who also dominate the Orion greys and of course the greys from Draco. In our militaries defence (yes Im actually defending our military) we had just finished a most exhaustive war on two fronts and where not about to give up any tactical technological advantage. Especially since the Nazies where alleged to have been culuding with the aliens since the early 1930s (but that is a completely different topic all together). We basically made a bargain with the devil (quite literally, freiken lizards) for some technology in exchange for the right for the aliens to abduct and observe the nice little humans. Well in the end we got tupperware and they have taken or ruined the lives of countless Americans. Thinking we were far to primitive to ever "fight back" they thought they could easily have dominion over us and "use us" until no longer needed (if you dont know what I mean by "use us" consider yourself lucky in your blissful ignorance). Well we have been for over 40 years doing our best to develop weapons and tactics as well as observing the aliens weaknesses. To "get ready" for the enevatable. And as of right now the Draconian Collective has realized this error in judgement, that the longer they wait the harder we will be to dominate. So in the coming years alot of you are gonna look real dumb, when your ignorance is shattered (if you survive that is). 2010 is probably going to get interesting. Im a logical man who is as far from a hippie as you can get and if something happened to change my mind you can believe there is no option here; disclosure and WW3 are certainly going to coincide!

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Absolutely. I wholeheartedly thing that it would be good. I am not one of those people that would go out of my way to press for population reduction -- I think that a certain density of humans is needed for growth as a species -- but I think that it would be good to come clean, take our beatings and get it behind us.

[edit on 6-7-2009 by rogerstigers]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If disclosure of such a frightning tech caused WW3, and someone attacked us knowing that, then you can be assured that the US and the allies of the US will survive the shortest war ever. The attckers, on the other hand...

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Considering that we are marching slowly to ww3, very likely because of truths of our existence revealed by et's anyway...

yeah i'd want disclosure... i'd at least know exactly why I'd be living in a bunker

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

if that's what it takes, so be it

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Excuse me here but I'm slightly confused.

Why would disclosure cause WWIII?

Surely the only resultant war would be between the aliens and a united mankind.
I don't think that could be classed as a World War in the same way as WW1 & WWII are classified.

Unless of course some earth factions allied themselves with the aliens.
But wouldn't the aliens be that technologically advanced that it would be a pretty much one-sided affair.
But then again, if the aliens had 'evil' intentions then why haven't they done anything against us yet?
Or maybe they are benevolent and want to watch over us until we are ready to join some sort of galactic federation?

I don't know, all I do know is it makes my head hurt!

Now I'm not sayng UFO's etc don't exist or that there hasn't been contact; I treat everything with an open mind and suspect that there are far too many reports / instances for there not to be an element of truth in it, however, I don't think disclosure is imminent and it will only happen when a UFO lands on The White House and Buck Pally lawns.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
I'm sorry but that is the most absurd idea I have ever heard. Knowing that we are not alone would not drive us further apart.. it would likely bring us together. Because we all share the commonality that this is our home. If one of the races from somewhere else posed a threat mankind would have to come together to help each other. I cannot imagine a scenario that would cause this coming from disclosure. The very idea is illogical. sorry.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The worst truth is better than the most beautiful lie.

If we as a race, from where we stand today cannot grasp truth and accept/deal with it then we are truly lost.

Yes i believe it could lead to WW3. But not the WW3 we all think. The few vs the many, the righteous vs the unjust and corrupt. Truth vs lies. If that's what you where referring to then yes. i for one would like to know the truth regardless. These no point in living a lie i think.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Man this is realy getting ridiculous, there are both benevolent (fellow human) and malevant(mostly non human) beings. Most of the benevolents are non interventionalist, this means the wont interfere with our progession until a certain point. The benevolences connection to us helps to keep things in check to a degree however one other reason we haven't been wiped out of existence is the greys need us-- I mean our bodys they have no digestive tract and consume our quagulated plasma through there skin, also they cannot sexualy reproduce and are trying to interbreed with humans but are species are not genetically compatible. And as far as it not being WW3 hear is where the reptians true treachery comes in they are COUNTING ON us tearing each others military's apart using the tech they have leaked to us (witch they knew was inferior to what they actually got) the problem for them is that the us has been working on our own versions of there tech for over 40 years and are engineering abilities are far more formidable then they had thought. China and Russia both thought they had gotten top secret deals with the Draconians and will be used in a plot to totally destroy all of earths military forces. I know this is heavy for some of you but this about as simple as I can make it.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I don't understand the premise of this thought experiment.

How is disclosure (presumably of ET/EBEs etc.) even remotely correlative with malevolence or animosity among humanity such that a world war among humans may result?

I don't see the connection.

Sorry - unless you find a way to tie the two disparate events together somehow to show some sort of logical relationship I don't see the point in considering the question.

But that's just me - the rest of you go right ahead. If nothing else, it may reveal a bit of mindset in the rather biased ATS population - always worth a a bit of amusing diversion...

Later...

[edit on 6/7/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Disclosure would bring peace. It wouldn't bring WW3 any more then anything going on now will. There are NO reptilian forces getting ready to destroy us. If that was the case they would have already done it. The longer they wait the harder it would get. Thus, that theory makes NO sense.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I can easily see how a WW3 like event could coincide with disclosure. All it would take is some less then stable (or even stable) country's governments collapsing under the weight of such a monumental announcement then some hard line group takes power in the political vacuum. Or less of a war then a massive peace keeping campaign at lest to mop up the fallout of disclosure. This is all hypothetical thought, anything could happen but I could diffidently see a WW3 event happening.

[edit on 7-6-2009 by jman1a]

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by skibtz

Bring it on
War is good for the economy. and it will sort out this financial mess we are in... one way or the other.

Though I don't see how it would trigger WW3 An interstellar war maybe but why would we fight each other unless their aliens are different from our aliens.

I would think if its war with the outsiders the planet would fight as one... kinda like a one world government

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Hey, thanks for the replies
- It's interesting to note that some people take it for granted that disclosure means governments admitting the existence of ET and ET visitations/habitations. It is also interesting to note that some believe that it is absurd to think that disclosure is totally unrelated to a possible WW3 - especially interesting because we do not know for a fact that any disclosure is forthcoming/required and we certainly do not know the actual content of any disclosure. This means that we can't rule out the possibility that a government that is resisting disclosure is actually preventing a potential WW3 due to the content being protected.

I would say that disclosure does not necessarily mean the revelation of ET. Disclosure may be something entirely different. It could be the revelation of a technology that could be deemed a threat. An example: let's say that North Korea hijacked the airwaves tomorrow announcing that it had made a significant scientific breakthrough that made way for a weapon that could wipe out a small country in a matter of moments. I think that North Korea would be a sheet of glass quicker than Barack Obama could say 'press the button'! Could that trigger WW3?

Imagine if the US revealed that it had this technology. Russia would be more than concerned. Have a think back to when the US informed the world it was setting up a semi-effective shield system near Russia to take down potential threats from other nearby countries - not Russia. Were we not close to another cold-war-esque stand off then?

In the case of an ET disclosure, the potential for WW3 could remain a possible outcome. Imagine that the US alone has been using ET technology recovered from Roswell et al in order to fight off an ET presence for the past 50+ years? The reason for the ET presence targeting the US only? The US is the only country to have used a nuclear weapon as an act of aggression against another country. Twice. Could this make them a suitable target for an ET presence that was responisble for shaping the evolution of mankind?

If you was Russia and you found out that this was going on due the disclosure, what would you do? Would you take sides with the US, put your country in the firing line and try to repeal the ET presence? Or would you lend a helping hand to the ET presence, attack the US, become the No.1 super power and have a new alliance with a mighty ET presence?

The idea that an external threat would bring mankind together is a nonsense in my opinion. Mankind is not beautiful. It is not moral. What it is is abhorent. We see it every day. People starving to death because they have no food and no water. They have no medicine to treat easily treatable diseases because the medication is patented and costs too much. The world turns round for money, by money. This is not mankind being great so let's drop the hippy trip. I would conceed that life itself is a wonder and is beautiful but we as a species have very little or nothing to sing about when it comes to looking out for each other.

We have had a chance to help each other and we haven't done it. We still let people starve and we still have corporations trashing the planet. No evidence of mankind getting together there either.

It seems that the only time the world gets together these days is for World Cup football.

Do we need a WW3 to make things right? I am not sure that all that suffering and pain is necessary. We have enough suffering and pain happening right now, every day, and that should be enough for people and governments to turn things around and make things right. Surely?!

[edit on 8/6/2009 by skibtz]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 05:32 AM
link   
I do not want it anyway, humans are too stupid to handle any truths.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

I really wanted to leave this thread alone and see what everyone else's take is on this. But when some one who has done little research then tries to sound logical when making a totally illogical statement at my expense, I gotta come back atcha. Thats fine you want to live in you bubble of ignorance. Let me spell it out for you; humanity (America) is only going to advance more as time goes on and obviously so is are armed forces so to anyone who actually IS thinking logical (A Tactical Thinker) it would make sense to cut your opponent down to size before they get remotely close to your level for the longer one waits the higher the level of collateral damage. Think about it would you rather fight China or Iraq?
As for the question if the reptilians are more advanced why haven't they wiped us out? In ancient times the non military populace (civilians) where almost always utilized as slaves and so is the reptilian mind-set. I realize most people have not studied military tactics, but im sure everyone has heard the term divide and conquer. Why fire a single shot, or risk any of your hardware if you can get your enemies to destroy each other and then you just walk in and take complete control. The Draconians dont feel the need to "fight us" its far more easy and cost effective to infiltrate, manipulate, watch the fire works. Take over, its that simple. So disclosure will happen as result of the desperation of the very near future as we try to specify who are enemies are. This is the bottom line and just how complex WW3 is going to be: we are not only going to have to fight the countries that the Dracs have turned against us, but also find them (Dracs) and kill the ones among us and then finally when we prove to be stronger then they had hoped we will have to fight them, disclosure like I said will come out of desperation, basically as need to motivate and then draft the entire population into inevitable service. Dont worry you wont have to take my word for it for long.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Teh hiuf hirrk jfddh ig hhhu

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
ABSOLUTELY not. no bit of information is worth a single human life unless it would prevent multiple deaths beyond any shadow of a doubt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join