It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Intelligence of Animals

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theyreadmymind

That's perfectly fine. And you can't sound harsh over the internet. I can't see your face, lol.

All I know is that the elephant, based on it's body-brain ratio and history of evolution, should be capable of drawing, but not something like that.

And yes, we do see animals act normally in captivity, but not all. Elephants have a history of being more abused because they are so alien to western viewers, so the circus/zoo, etc has to show them off more. In addition, elephants are not evolved to stay in one place. They evolved to be migratory. Creatures like horses, zebras, monkeys, lions, etc, are all species that stay within a certain area, or are content with remaining where they are. An elephant, however, has an instinctive need to be free. It's a very particular trait universal in all sentient species of Earth. I don't know why, it just is. So that's what I base this off of.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by theyreadmymind

Nope. My parents didn't really care to teach me much. A human is programmed to be opportunistic and exploratory. I learned that a pencil writes on my own. Not from others. I took crap, I smeared it, and noticed it drew.

Also, I did not see shading. I saw redefining lines. It could stand to reason that the trainer trained him to do that, like the parrot was trained to saw words instead of just tapping its beak on things. It;s really easy to teach it, just give more food for doing it.

You keep failing to realize that it's captive, so it will not act on its own. it will not act intelligence if it does not need to be. There are not a whole lot of geniuses still dependent on their parents.

And it doesn't matter what the trainers say it can and cannot do. Humans have kept crows for pets and in captivity for thousands of years, yet only with modern scientific observation have we started to realize their intelligence. The fact therefor is that what the trainers say is not important, because they are not scientists. They are just pet owners.

[edit on 10-6-2009 by Gorman91]

A pet owner can be a scientist. Take me for example. I collect tarantulas. I know all sorts of stuff about them through research (which mostly included information about them and their environment), but I have learned more about their habits and qualities by pure observation. They are really neat creatures actually. I would call that scientific. The spiders live in captivity in replica habitats (depending on their needs) and carry on as they would in the wild. They hunt they build nests they do mating rituals etc etc. To say a pet owner cannot observe a species in a scientific manner is kind of insulting. (I'm sure any other collector of any animal type would agree)

An animal does not just loose it's brain or individuality just because they are captive. An animal can act on their own because they are their own self and therefore process their own electronic impulses and release peptides of their own.

posted on Jun, 16 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

Because an insect is not a sentient elephant. They evolved with different needs. And for an elephant, captivity can often be torture.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I KNOW that animals are FAR FAR MORE intellegent than humans. Intellegent beings don't destroy each other and their home planet.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by morbidity
I KNOW that animals are FAR FAR MORE intellegent than humans. Intellegent beings don't destroy each other

Are you sure?

and their home planet.

I don't think that's because they care about their planet...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaginaryReality1984
Some animals are dumb others are smart. They are not concious like us although i woudl argue some primate are pretty close. The main point however is that most animals are tasty.

You ever have a dog? Mine actually smiles (no joke...shows its teeth) when its happy, along with the whole body swag and tail wag gig.

Animals are smarter than we think. Some of them do have "feelings". There is still something called a food chain, and humans top it.

Like anything in life, I can respect some and hate others.

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 01:02 AM
link   
From Messages from Matthew

S: ... Long ago you said that a lot of the negativity on Earth was created by the treatment of animals. How much negativity is created because of eating meat and seafood?

16. MATTHEW: It is the inhumane way that animal lives are treated and ended that causes the negativity, and this applies across the board, not only to “food animals.” While the land animals and sea life knowingly embodied in forms that would be eaten, their soul agreements have been terribly violated by the conditions in which they are grown as livestock and the torturous methods used to end their physical lives.

S: Did even whales agree to being eaten?

17. MATTHEW: They did as individuals, but not as a species as did beef cattle and chickens, for instance. The inhumanity of many on Earth toward animals has severely violated the soul agreements of wild and domesticated animals alike. Thankfully, the efforts of many people who heeded the message of their souls, “Save the animals,” are being increasingly effective, but you have a long ways to go.
www.matthewbooks.com...

S: You have said that the innocence of animals automatically will let them ascend with Earth. Does this mean that their cells are changing to crystalline and their consciousness is being raised, like light-receptive people?

17. MATTHEW: Yes to both. Mother, you know this, but for those who may not, I emphasize this extremely important fact: Animals’ spiritual awareness, sensitivity to energy fluctuations, and extent of emotions and intelligence have long been underestimated or completely disregarded by unfeeling humans, the most brutal killers on Earth. Among some animal species, usually those most commonly considered pets, are highly evolved souls who have chosen to experience in animal bodies, thus they have far more wisdom and spiritual clarity than many within your human population. These animals have come specifically to enhance your relationship with all animal life because this is vital to your individual journeys into the higher vibrations where cruelty in any form cannot exist. Without the awakening that has come to those who are dedicated to improving the lives of animals, Earth could not have made the progress she has in ascending out of third density.
www.matthewbooks.com...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by faulconandsnowjob]

posted on Jul, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
More from Messages from Matthew:

37. Let me first say, at one time all animals lived peaceably on Earth. Because the energy of the force field we commonly refer to as the dark forces cannot abide areas of brilliant light, which Earth was then, they managed to instill ferocity in some animals, which led to a change in their diet as well as temperament, and the predator/prey chain was established. A parallel to the nature of humans, who also were influenced by those forces, is it not? And into the human capacity for brutality to each other fell the same regarding the treatment of animals. This no longer can be tolerated, so your responsibilities extend throughout the animal kingdom, not only loving attentiveness to all the care needed by pets. Although some improvements in the treatment of animals have been made, such as rescue shelters and large preserves and efforts to stop whale slaughter, much more awareness is needed, and it is coming.

38. As consciousness-raising continues, people will learn that the souls of animals, not only human souls, evolve, and they deserve the same care and respect as humans. Some animals—usually those who are pets—are aspects of human souls who chose to experience in an animal body, and even when this isn’t the case, they have emotional and characteristic ranges similar to humans’, lacking only acquired traits such as tact, deception and wiliness. The higher orders of animals need to give and receive love as much as humans—in many cases, they do so more readily and loyally—and even those in the lower orders form bonds with people who tend to their needs.

39. Indeed, including your pets in meditations and energy therapy is uplifting to them in their awareness of your recognizing their true selves. When we tell you that every soul is a part of God and all souls are One, this includes animals!

www.matthewbooks.com...

S: ... Mash, your messages are reaching a lot of animal lovers! Many are vegetarians, but a few who aren’t and would like to be have various reactions like health problems, cravings and depression after they stop eating meat, and one wrote that she gets depressed when she has to resume eating meat so she can feel better physically. Can you suggest how they can overcome these situations? One person asked if food animals understand their fate before they’re born, like souls choose their karma and then forget. Someone else just asked, “Are we supposed to eat animals?”

33. MATTHEW: Mother, I know that you feel animal lovers are kindred spirits, and they are—there is an energy streamer that connects souls who deeply care about animals. Now then, the animals that are grown for food have a species-wide agreement that this is their purpose for incarnating and they do remember this as instinct, however dimly in their consciousness it lies. They do not agree to the brutal circumstances in which most of them live and die, and it is this darkness in humankind’s character that led lighter souls to become vegetarians or vegans. Some third density bodies can adjust to these diets and some can’t, and if yours cannot, please do not feel guilty for eating meat and seafood or eggs and dairy products, but do feel gratitude to the animals that provided them. As cellular changes in light beings make bodies less dense, most of you will successfully modify your diets to exclude the heaviness of meat.

34. As Earth continues into the higher vibrations, people who accompany her physically will treat all animals with the respect and compassion these souls deserve. As I have said before, they once again will live peaceably among themselves and with humankind, and a joyous thought to leave with you is that the harmony on your horizon includes telepathic communion with animals, and the plant and Devic kingdoms, too—you will feel the infinite and eternal love energy of Creator that is the life force of every soul in the universe.

www.matthewbooks.com...

[edit on 8-7-2009 by faulconandsnowjob]

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Actually it is an arachnid... and I was just using it as an example.

I'm just saying that we cannot peer into the minds of the creatures we share this planet with, therefore we cannot determine whether or not they have a sense of self or what their thought process is. Its the same argument as saying we are alone in the universe even though the universe is huge.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join