It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toy Company Uses High Frequencies for TODDLERS!**Parents Please Read**

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I was just browsing on a website that gives tips on how to use house hold items to baby proof when I came across this.. I am absolutely FLOORED right now that a high profile company like this one would use such techniques to "educate" our children. This is nothing short of blatant subliminal messaging IMO. I'm not sure if I can put the company name in this thread because I'm not sure about the T&C's on that kind of stuff.. Check out the link and see for yourself!

Here

EMERYVILLE, CA—April 1, 2009—Today **Company Name** proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that learning can happen anytime, anyplace—with satisfaction guaranteed. After a decade of top-secret, government-funded testing at underground research facilities in several undisclosed _javascript:icon('
')locations, **Company name** has released the revolutionary Dream & Learn Smart Orb. Dream & Learn is the first product to harness the unique ability of children’s brains to absorb raw intelligence delivered via high frequency sound waves. Now all kids (and the occasional cocker spaniel) can instantly comprehend difficult-to-learn concepts—while they sleep!

Wow
Is it just me, or is this wrong on so many levels!!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

If you read at the bottom of the article it was an April Fool's joke. No need to panic.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ShAuNmAn-X

Your right!!! Sorry guys!! Mods, You can BTS me if you want to save me the embarrassment
God what a weird day

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

It's understandable. I think we've all had those days

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
EEEEKKK! Lucky..it's a joke..I was gonna boycott the company and all it's products!
DAMN!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
EEEEKKK! Lucky..it's a joke..I was gonna boycott the company and all it's products!
DAMN!

I was scared, but I was gonna buy it for my dog, kids, and self!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
HAHA totally freaked me out to, as you can see! I was just watching a video last night about child advertisements and all that, then I seen this and went super mom lol. Thank god its just a joke.. for now

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaginD
I was just browsing on a website that gives tips on how to use house hold items to baby proof when I came across this.. I am absolutely FLOORED right now that a high profile company like this one would use such techniques to "educate" our children. This is nothing short of blatant subliminal messaging IMO. I'm not sure if I can put the company name in this thread because I'm not sure about the T&C's on that kind of stuff.. Check out the link and see for yourself!

Here

EMERYVILLE, CA—April 1, 2009—Today **Company Name** proves beyond a shadow of a doubt that learning can happen anytime, anyplace—with satisfaction guaranteed. After a decade of top-secret, government-funded testing at underground research facilities in several undisclosed _javascript:icon('
')locations, **Company name** has released the revolutionary Dream & Learn Smart Orb. Dream & Learn is the first product to harness the unique ability of children’s brains to absorb raw intelligence delivered via high frequency sound waves. Now all kids (and the occasional cocker spaniel) can instantly comprehend difficult-to-learn concepts—while they sleep!

Wow
Is it just me, or is this wrong on so many levels!!

It was a joke, But at the same time it is very possible.

google: "subliminals"

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by bizpo

I know, after watching that doc. last night, I am convinced our kids are walking billboards to the big companies.. From the cartoons, to the advertisements in the cartoons, and then the commercials in the middle of the shows. Its really crazy how much they pump into our kids in a matter of 30 minutes.

new topics

top topics

join