It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Charges For Mob That Beat Alleged Child Rapist

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

I know what due process is.
there is more than one form of justice in this world, and you're blind to it. These guys are getting too much leeway, i suspect, and people are getting tired of it. You go on ahead and believe what you believe; i've known all the information in your little lecture since i had law class in grade eight.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Too much leeway? The man wasn't even charged with the crime yet. Why should he not have leeway?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

if more things like this happen, the people who commit these acts will become afraid. As of now, the legal system gives them hope, even after they are caught, of getting off due to some technicality, or having a good lawyer. Of course everyone accused of something isn't guilty, but do you understand that he was named by the girl? SHE accused him, no? SHE identified his photo on tv. HE had blood stains on his shorts. HE was seen on camera following the victime. Gimme a break. That'd be enough for me, anyday.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'm sooo glad to see that so many atsers believe that someone accused of a crime should be punished for that crime.

Did the laws get changed and no one told me.

I swear it use to be innocent until proven guilty.

But thank you, this thread proves something I was talking to a friend about just a few hours ago. That less than 5% of the people on earth should be called "civilized". Yes, thank you...

ppftt..

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasilis Azoth

sorry i just think you guys are riding a dying beast. People don't fear or respect the court system anymore. whatever tho....can you hear me up there, even?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Looking into the case, it seems they also beat up another fellow who was innocent.
Mob justice is as blind as the regular kind, and can be more destructive.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by heyo

Yeah, we hear you loud and clear. You just aren't saying anything that indicates comprehension of how the justice system works. If the crowd had actually witnessed the rape, and acted to save the girl, and the rapist had gotten hurt or killed in the process... well then, so be it. But the crowd didn't witness anything but a news report. They had no right to attempt to "serve justice." They only had the right to call the police and prevent him from leaving until the cops arrived.

You are the one with the dying beast. You sound less and less like somebody trying to make a point, and more and more like those high school kids who's entire life revolves around "Screw the system, just cuz it sucks, man!" Nobody from the first page who was cheering on the mob has returned to this thread since the flaws of mob rule were pointed out to them. You're the only one. You. Alone. Generally, when you're the last person standing to hold a specific opinion, it's because your opinion stinks.

If more things like this happen, the people who commit these acts will become afraid.

How are you honestly not understanding this? HOW?!! If more things like this happen, people who DON'T commit these acts will become afraid. Consider the innocent bystander who was also attacked. Did he deserve to be hurt? Was he a rapist? No, he was just nearby when the mob got tired of beating one person and moved on to the next. That sure is some "other kind of justice," alright.

And if more things like this happen, eventually somebody who really is innocent will be targeted. I can see it now, somebody's going to get their arm ripped off because their brother diddled a toddler. And there will be Heyo, going "Yeah! Screw the system man, cuz it sucks! Let's beat up everybody, that solves crime!"

It's not for you to decide whether that girl was mistaken or lying. It's not for you to decide whether he followed her, or was just in the same place at the wrong time. It's not for you to decide whether her blood was on his shorts, or his own. He had just been beaten down by a mob, after all. You have no evidence. It doesn't matter if it's "good enough for you," because you are just some guy who's reading half the story on the Internet. No matter how much you hate the justice system, no matter how much you want to beat up everyone who's a suspect in a crime, you aren't allowed to. You are not Batman.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   
How is this any different from that vigliantee who killed Tiller the Baby Killer.?

And yet that guy is having the book thrown at him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join