It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Resistith No Evil"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

You asked :
How many people actually think that Jesus' action plan [resisteth not evil] could actually work.

Many would agree with Him on this point for the following reasons -

The Bodhicaryavatara Chapter VI: The Perfection of Patience

41. Disregarding the principle of cause, such as a stick and the like, if I become angry with the one who impels it, then it is better if I hate hatred, because that person is also impelled by hatred.

42. In the past, I too have inflicted such pain on sentient beings; therefore, I, who have caused harm to sentient beings, deserve that in return.

43. Both his weapon and my body are causes of suffering. He has obtained a weapon, and I have obtained a body. With what should I be angry?

44. Blinded by craving, I have obtained this [bag of filth] that appears as a human body, which cannot bear to be touched. When there is pain, with whom should one be angry?

45. I do not desire suffering; yet, fool that I am, I desire the cause of suffering. When suffering emerges due to my own fault, why should I be angry with anyone else?

46. Just as the forest of razor leaves and the birds of hell are brought into existence by my actions, so is this. With whom should I be angry?

47. Those who hurt me are impelled by my actions, as a result of which they will go to the infernal realms. Surely, it is I alone who have ruined them.

48. On account of them, many vices of mine diminish through forbearance. On account of me, they enter infernal realms with long lasting agonies.

49. It is I alone who harm them, and they are my benefactors. O Wicked mind, why do you misconstrue this and become angry?

50. If there is virtue in my intention, I will not enter the infernal realms. If I protect myself, what will happen to them here?

51. If I were to retaliate, they would not be protected and my conduct would be impaired. Because of that, those in anguish would be lost.

52. Because of its immateriality, the mind can never be harmed by anyone. However, due to its attachment to the body, the mind is tormented by suffering.

53. Neither contempt, abusive speech, nor disgrace harms the body. Why then, mind, O mind, do you become angry?

54. Will the unkindness of others toward me devour me in this life or another, that I am so adverse to it?

55. If I am adverse to it because it hinders my material gain, my acquisitions will vanish in this life, but my sin will surely remain.

56. It is better that I die today, than have a long, corrupt life. For even after living a long time, I shall have the suffering of death.

57. One person wakes up after enjoying a hundred years of pleasure in sleep, and another person wakes up after being happy for a moment.

58. Does happiness return to either once they have awakened? It is the same at the moment of death for one who lives a long time and for one who lives a short time.

59. Even though I have acquired many possessions and have enjoyed pleasures for a long time, I shall depart empty handed and naked as if I had been robbed.

Source : shantiDeva.net

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Don't worry if man does not respect your authority, a higher authority will deal with them in the end.

No one can escape Gods judgment.

Am I the only one who knows this?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

By the way I do not have anything against exposing peoples bad deads as long as you give them an opportunity to repent first.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by visible_villain

Yes the ancient Vedas and such seem to agree with Jesus. But Jesus said it alot more concisely.

so the score is something like 5 to 2 in favour of resisting evil.

[edit on 6-6-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

5 to 4 if you count Jesus and Bodhicaryavatara. But in a democracy the point of veiw of Jesus would still represent a minority, even if you illigally count dead voters.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The mind has no limitations except those dominating it through cultural conditioning. I myself am pretty centered now - have been through a tough initiation and my own naivety has been shattered to make way for my own light - I do not worship any god or man - I only respect awareness and consciousness, and all the politician's of this world must go as they are in the way of evolution for the rest of us. If we base our lives on ancient texts we are bound to recreate suffering over and over again and that's insane.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

4% are sociopathic? I think thats an underestimation... Maybe 4% have been diagnosed as such, but I'd wager there are many many more undiscovered sociopaths out there running amok. My bet is at least 12%!!

Back on topic though, to explain what I think Jesus meant:

Theoretically,
Let's say every time someone slaps your cheek, they lose 1 point.

If you slap them back, you also lose a point.

If you present the other cheek, and they also slap that one, then they lose another point.

When you die, the points are tallied and those who kept their points at a positive number WIN!!! Negative point values result in eternal punishment...

So in other words; allowing them to strike both cheeks is far worse for them in the end than any type of vengeful action you can take against them while living an earthly life!!

[edit on 6-6-2009 by mostlyspoons]

[edit on 6-6-2009 by mostlyspoons]

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   

You said :
Yes the ancient Vedas and such seem to agree with Jesus. But Jesus said it alot more concisely.

This citation is from southern India, 700 AD, ShantiDeva, a Buddhist luminary, not the Vedas ...

My point is that one can find corroboration for the Master's teachings without too much trouble.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Yes but it is not represented in the attitude of the general public.

Nor the religous mainstream.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I stand corrected lol..

Originally posted by StopComplaining

Were did you get your Bible lessons from? George Bush?

Lol no, But I didn't get them from the KJV either.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mostlyspoons

You're most likely correct. The official black & white statistics says ~4%, but it only takes a man of conscience to take a look around to see it's more than 1 in 25.

My best guess would be 10-30%.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
God can certainly overcome evil. It is said that when you are put to trial in those days do not premeditate what you will say because it will be your father who will speak through you. I have no doubt that he will have some very wrathful words to say, as well as appeals for repentance. (He will get in maitryas face as you say)

Salvation is of God not of man or of works. We should not try to defeat the NWO through the plans of men or through the words or works of men but give the glory to God when the adversary is defeated.

I certainly appreciate the works of people such as Alex Jones etc. whose sword are their words, and who put on the armour of faith.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 01:21 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   

If anyone should be turning the other cheek it is "God" and his Biblers

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining

Originally posted by HulaAnglers

The mind has no limitations except those dominating it through cultural conditioning. I myself am pretty centered now - have been through a tough initiation and my own naivety has been shattered to make way for my own light - I do not worship any god or man - I only respect awareness and consciousness, and all the politician's of this world must go as they are in the way of evolution for the rest of us. If we base our lives on ancient texts we are bound to recreate suffering over and over again and that's insane.

So what your trying to say is Blahdy Blah Blah Blah Bleep Bleep Bleep Blahdy Blah Blah Blah.

These words written by HulaAnglers are from her experience and understanding of how things really work in life. I've been thru my own initiation, and i can relate to what was written by Hula. If you were to have experienced the same things, you would surely know the same things.
Humans live according to the past, and that is why history repeats itself. All the answers we need are within, not in any teachings like religion, theosophy, philosophy or any other systems of thought.

The lack of knowledge pushes humans to believe in something, to secure their mind. Beliefs and knowledge are very different in nature. Knowledge stems from experience and understanding. Beliefs, on the other hand, can bring humans to experience deception. It's all part of the manipulation of the human mind.

The answer you gave Hula was uncalled for. It shows a total lack of respect or experience.

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by HulaAnglers

If anyone should be turning the other cheek it is "God" and his Biblers

Are you trying to say you would like to slap God?

I looked at your link, of coarse the clergy and the popes and cardinals are Hypocrites, The Bible, and Yashua (Christ) actually say as much.

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I went to a bird sanctuary and saw a finch pecking at the eye of a dove.

All the Dove did was to keep turning the other cheek. It was a horribly brutal and grievous sight. I shooed away the finch.

Its a horrible sight but it is the reality on earth. Our hope is in Jesus, he can cast out demons. He can cover our sins and take us to Heaven, protect us from the cares of this world.

[edit on 27-10-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Nov, 30 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
In regards to the "resist no evil" command given by Yashua
(Jesus Christ)

This testimony written by Andy Pero, helped me see most clearly the application that command has. educate-yourself.org... ... ct99.shtml

Andy Pero is an unsaved man, he is also under mind control ,according to his own testimony he resisted evil with great will power, anger, and desperation. But it did not work. It is a curious fact of hypnosis, that strong willed people are the easiest people to manipulate.

In Andys' case the little amount of mental freedom he did gain in order to write his testimony was gained, by his own admission, when he co-operated and helped to mind control himself.

A hypnotist or NLP expert can capitalize on the predictableness of your resistance and double-bind you with their doubletounged(G1351) ways, so that they link your primal instinct to resist with the action they want you to perform.

The only way to fight this is to "overcome" through the blood of the lamb. 2Co 10:4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds

And in regards to James 4:7 which says "resist the devil" the full quote reads.
"Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you."

Hypnosis NLP basically consists of setting up codes cues and trigger, which are akin to the talismans, spells and idols of old. The key words that are used to enduce states have no meaning nor power in themselves, neither do talismans or logos, they "see not, nor hear, nor know" (Dan 5:23). But they can be artificailly linked to states of mind in order to create a link or corrilation (not causality) between the two concepts.

The only way I beleive you can escape this arbitrary or imposed linking together of two unrelated concepts is to practice the first two commandments.

If you watch this link www.youtube.com... you can see derren brown (unsaved, non beleiver), play anti-christ and induce a feeling of reverence.

This reverence can then be used to be linked to a rock, mother, earth nature, Jaguar, or usually a guru. It's basically like the proverbial duck, people who have this false awakening will tend to link reverence to the first thing they see.

Anyway my point is that resisting the feeling of awe is inaffective and will only intensify it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join