It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange white light reported at the time the Air France plane disappeared!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A Spanish newspaper said a transatlantic airline pilot reported seeing a bright flash of white light at the same time the Air France flight disappeared.

"Suddenly we saw in the distance a strong, intense flash of white light that took a downward, vertical trajectory and disappeared in six seconds," the pilot of an Air Comet flight from Lima to Madrid told his company, the El Mundo newspaper reported. "We did not hear any communication on any emergency or air to air frequency either before or after this event."

www.alertnet.org...

Something smells fishy here. The UFO theory seems more plausable every day...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Something smells fishy here. The UFO theory seems more plausable every day...

Wow. Before I say anything, I offer my deepest respect to those missing and their families and loved ones.

But just yesterday I read where it was said that the debris was "planted" as a cover up. I thought that what I'd read was sensationalism or just like wth, but when I just started seeing these headlines about the debris not belonging to the Air France jet, I just said "Wow!!"

I just hope whatever is going on it turns out as best it can for all involved.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Donnie Darko anyone?

Second line. Sorry for the short post, but thats all I can honestly think of.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ohh_pleasee
Donnie Darko anyone?

Second line. Sorry for the short post, but thats all I can honestly think of.

by that are u meaning time travel or something?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I know that the area they are searching is indeed huge, but it is still very strange that they haven't found anything yet. First there was this man who's cell phone was still ringing days after the 'accident' and now this report of a bright white light at the time of the disappearing.

Reminds me somehow of the Bermuda triangle incidents.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
US testing new laser weapon?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by scordar

The only thing that's fishy is your leap of logic.

Where do they say "strange" white light?

I'll go out on a limb here and say that maybe what was seen was lightning.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2f7127008996.jpg[/atsimg]

...Just a hunch

[edit on 5/6/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hmmmmmm, a vertical, intense white light with a downward trajectory in a thunderstorm?

Whatever could that be? Nope, it can't be anything else but a UFO can it?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by scordar

The only thing that's fishy is your leap of logic.

Where do they say "strange" white light?

I'll go out on a limb here and say that maybe what was seen was lightning.

...Just a hunch

[edit on 5/6/09 by Chadwickus]

Are you for real? You really think an airliner captain steps up and reports a lightning strike in a thunderstorm? (that was 6 seconds long by the way)

Why not report seeing some strange blue stuff that had waves in it while flying over the ocean.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by scordar

"Suddenly, we saw in the distance a strong and intense flash of white light, which followed a descending and vertical trajectory and which broke up in six seconds," the captain wrote in the report, Llodra said.

"Given the coincidence of time and place, I bring to your attention these elements so that they may be, possibly, useful in casting a light on the facts," the added in the report which has been sent to Air France, Airbus and the Spanish aviation security authority.

*snip*

The Air Comet plane was flying some 60 kilometres (40 miles) further north than its scheduled route to avoid stormy weather, Llodra said.

"That night there were intense storms in the area," he said.

Source

Yeah, I'm for real.

Are you?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Thanks for the reply chad. I thought you are too busy trying to debunk chemtrails

But seriously, do you really think it was a lightning strike that the spanish pilot reported? It could have been almost anything, but i have never seen (or heard of) a lightning strike that lasts 6 seconds. and more importantly, why is there no debris found if the location of the incident is known?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   

When the pilot reported seeing the light, the Air Comet flight was flying at an altitude of 35,000 feet and its position was seven degrees north latitude and 49 degrees west longitude.

A degree on longitude is about 111 kilometers (69 mi) at the equator.

Given the speculation that af447 was around 30W then this other plane would be around 2000 km west.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Well word on the street says it could have been a meteor that brought it down (cue a famous Harry Hill phrase!)

blogs.discovermagazine.com...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
So what seems more plausible?

1. The observed flash of light was actually lightning (from the reported storms in the area) stricking the plane, resulting in a massive explosion (cos as you might have heard, that funny smelling liquid stuff it uses called fuel is somewhat combustable), and the downard vertical trajectory be the plane itself node diving out of the sky in a giant fireball.

2. The plane and its occupants were host to a UFO mass abduction

3. The US used a test laser and it hit the plane.

I'll stick with #1 until evidence suggests otherwise.

EDIT: replace "lightning" for optional meteor as I too saw the online suggestions

[edit on 5-6-2009 by noonebutme]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by noonebutme
So what seems more plausible?

1. The observed flash of light was actually lightning (from the reported storms in the area) stricking the plane, resulting in a massive explosion (cos as you might have heard, that funny smelling liquid stuff it uses called fuel is somewhat combustable), and the downard vertical trajectory be the plane itself node diving out of the sky in a giant fireball.

2. The plane and its occupants were host to a UFO mass abduction

3. The US used a test laser and it hit the plane.

I'll stick with #1 until evidence suggests otherwise.

EDIT: replace "lightning" for optional meteor as I too saw the online suggestions

[edit on 5-6-2009 by noonebutme]

I have to agree with you that the first one seems most plausible.

nevertheless, white bright light combined with total disappearance of an airplane makes me wonder. ..

Still no debris found? I have to check out that meteor theory too...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by vonspurter

a quote from your source...

So, in our reference 20-year period we have 720 million hours of flight time, times 125 meteors per hour, times 5.7×10-13 = 0.051, which we can take as the average number of airliners struck by meteors in the period 1989-2009. That’s a one-in-twenty chance of some plane going down for this reason in that 20 year period. Extrapolating to all flights ever would require a better estimate of total flight hours, but it’s not twenty times the number in the past 20 years, for sure - that is, it’s not yet close to one.

Maybe maybe...

Still very unlikely that there is no debris found on the ocean surface after a meteor hit...

Very interesting case, i'm from europe (not France) and this one seems to get a decent air time on national news. still a mystery...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
By the light of the Foo/Phoo lightning and not real lightning.

Not very possible except for a very close encounter.

The frozen ether traveling around with the UFO craft must be
very powerful.

Ammunition in the battle of LA never hit a saucer and the
Mantel craft got ripped apart on close approach to a saucer.

Possible perhaps in theory but quite rare.
Thus in theory the 'ether' craft of Tesla seems stable as Tesla predicted.

top topics

join