It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top merc armies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I don't know if I am putting this in the right section but the MODS will help me with that

My question is what are some of the biggest merc armies/private armies and how do they operate???

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I would think Blackwater would be near the top. There used to be one in the 80's called Executive Outcomes I think.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
hmm, where is black water from any way?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

The Fijian army is a merc army. It's only 3500men but it's an effective force.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Reply to post by Cool Breeze

SSC

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Aegis Defence Services.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I think the French Foreign Legion qualifies has a merc army?

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Nope. Its a regular french Armée de terre unit, only with an unorthodox personnel policy.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HERACAT

Ya Blackwater was one of the biggest "contractors" around but after the incident in Iraq kind of put them under. Now they are known as Xe (pronounced like the letter Z) but if you go to there page and look under the contracts section it brings you to to a different company's website. It seems kind of odd if you ask me, but most likely it is all innocent and on the up and up

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I understand that EO was disbanded, but that most of their assets were absorbed by Sandline International.

On a related note, wasn't one of Sandline's founders indicted for attempting a coup d'etat in Equatorial Guinea a few years ago?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Triple Canopy is a good outfit.

A bit higher requirements than of the former Blackwater outfit, although both did some difficult things under difficult conditions.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Most of the larger American black private security firms working official programs with backhanders from unofficial sources within a government should, indeed, be classed as mercenary outfits.

The idiots employed by Blackwater illustrate just what can go wrong when you give security contracts to cowboys.

By and large, the reputable companies like G4S, Pheonix, JemSec, KMS, Aegis, Triple Canopy, Saladin and FRS work directly for and are held accountable to the sovereign nation, in whatever country they are working.

posted on Jun, 10 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Cool Breeze

www.privatemilitary.org...
that link pretty much list them all and in every branch maritime air army

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Tiger Top Rent Security and Orel Antiterror are both Russian PMC's. Sure they don't pay their operators as much and they are not very well known (at least I had never heard of them). But they have es Spetsnaz so they must be pretty good.

By the way does anyone know if Triple Canopy would consider the 2e REP (2nd Foreign Parachute Regiment) as SF. Maybe I could get a job there.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I respectfully suggest that everybody interested in this subject, should read a book entitled "The Circuit".

It was written by Bob Shepherd. He spent 20 odd years in the SAS and has been regularly employed by CNN as a 'Security Advisor'.

It makes for alarming reading but Bob tells it like it really is. No BS, no flannel. Nothing but the hard facts.

top topics

join