It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google rolls out Australian flu map

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Google rolls out Australian flu map

www.abc.net.au

Google has expanded Google Flu Trends, its online tool for tracking influenza outbreaks, to Australia and New Zealand.

Google said it had built a flu model for the state of Victoria by working with its own search data and historical flu data from the Victorian Infectious Diseases Reference Laboratory.

"We then extrapolated this model to produce flu models at a national and state level for the rest of Australia," Google said in a blog post.

Tasmania and Northern Territory were not included, Google said, because there was not a "large enough volume of search queries to be accurate".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is freaky stuff google is doing, it also includes other nations just be adjusting the slider in the link.

I wonder why Google has not done a similar thing with ufo sightings as im sure it would be used by all sites, but then again it could be considered as dis info site.

Back to topic, as i have said, this Google is expanding into every road within society, i smell Microsoft all over again.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I dont know why, but Google is starting to remind me of Nazi day IBM.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Perhaps they are far worse, since they have been globally accepted.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
What the..? They get this data from users' searches? Do people regularly type "I have swine flu" into Google? If not, how can they separate people who have flu from people who want to find out about flu?

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Man .. I just gotta say .. this is freak'n weird.

I've seen some strange things here at ATS ... and this is
making my creep-o-meter raise up.

posted on Jun, 13 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
With the off chance i may sound stupid, but i too felt freaky when i read this about google and swine flu, i aslo asked myself the same thing the previous poster mentioned, do you type in google " i have swine flu".

Its way off the radar what this company is involved with. Scary to see in action how quickly they adapt and promote services which serve no other purpose apart for their seriously private future plans.
'

new topics

top topics

join