It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debris removed from the Atlantic is not from the airplane of Air France, says Aeronautics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Debris removed from the Atlantic is not from the airplane of Air France, says Aeronautics

www.doomdaily.com

A Brazilian news site is reporting the wreckage found is not from the Air France plane.

“The BAF (Brazilian Air Force) informed in the night of this thursday that the removed destroços of the Atlantic in this thursday are not of the Airbus A-330 of the Air France, that disappeared on board in the last sunday."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
“no material of the airplane was collected”.

“Not, no material of the airplane was collected. What we saw they had been material pertaining to an aircraft who had been left because of the priority of searches of bodies.

it is bad translation and could be translating incorrectly but it is interesting none the less.

I wonder what the debris is then?

www.doomdaily.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

My question exactly. That's an awful lot of debris, from the reports I've seen, not to belong to something significant, and no other planes or boats have been reported missing as far as i can tell.

Someone suggested it was crap tossed out by a boat. Alot of crap to be throwing into the ocean.

Weird.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

are you able to point me to a site or info that shows debris?
not doubting you, i just want to see the sort of stuff they were finding.
i can only manage to find the oil slick atm.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Here is one link from Yahoo news, where no mention of them declaring it not to be the flight can be found:

Wreckage Found

There are a number of other sources in the other thread stating debris field widely scattered.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
another article

www.news.com.au...

BRAZILIAN officials have so far only recovered sea "trash" from a zone in the Atlantic where an Air France jet came down, and not aircraft debris as originally thought.

"Up to now, no material from the plane has been recovered,'' Brigadier Ramon Cardoso, director of Brazilian air traffic control, said.

He said items pulled from the ocean yesterday and originally thought to come from downed Air France flight AF 477 actually came from another source, likely a ship.

He also said a big oil slick originally thought to come from the plane probably also came from a ship, though fuel slicks detected were likely from the jet because the fuel was of a type not used by seagoing vessels.

interesting about the fuel slick!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Dude , i found the original article in portuguese.

I also found an article from the day past this one where France says there is NO DOUBT that the debris are from the plane.

It is fishy that the next day the brazillian air force claims the opposite , and I am more prone to believing the air force that would have no economical reasons to hide anything lol

Anyways , I will check them out and post it with a decent translation.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Somethings not right.
For one, just how much 'junk' could be floating in the ocean for there to be this type of debri where the plane crashed?

Im smelling a coverup!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
04/06/2009

19:30h Debris recovered from the Atlantic are not from Air France plane , says Air Force

The FAB (Brazillian Air Force) informed this Thursday evening that the debris collected from the Atlantic this Thursday is not from the Air France Airbus A-330 , that disappeared last Sunday (31) with 228 people onboard.

According to Brigadier General Ramon Borges Cardoso , director of Decea ( director of the Air Space Control Department) , "there was no material from the plane that was collected".

"No , no material from the plane was collected. What we saw were materials belonging to an airship that were left behind because of the priority for the search of bodies. But , till this moment , no piece of the airship was recovered" , affirmed.

According to Ramon , the oil stain sighted was also not from the airship. "Such a great quantity found could not have come from an airplane", he said in Recife. According to him , though , the fuel sighted is from an airplane. "The fuel has the most probability of coming from an airplane. What was discarded was the oil."

The Brigadier said , though , that the searches will continue in the region, and will be reinforced in the weekend, with the arrival of new airships and ships sent by France.

Today, a piece of 2,5 squared meters and two floats were salvaged from the waters of the Atlantic , around 13h. According to the Air Force , the object was sighted 550km off Fernando de Noronha (PE) by the plane C-130 Hércules of FAB. Later , though , the Navy affirmed that the pieces brought no identification from the Air France Airbus-A330 .

The brigadier denied that the searches have come back to stake zero. "No. We all have calculations made of the areas. Because taking into consideration the speed of the current , we know exactly where these debris should be. And this has been confirming itself. Because all planes we used on these calculations , everywhere , we ended up sighting their debris" , he said.

According to him, even though the pieces collected today are not from the Airbus , the Air Force still defends that the debris sighted around the region are from the plane that did flight 447.

www1.folha.uol.com.br...

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Roufas]

[edit on 5/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
i thought they found a passenger seat from the plane?

now they say they have nothing at all??

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   
They said they found debris from an airplane , just not THE airplane.

Also a part I found might be a bit confusing , they found both fuel AND oil.
The oils they said came from a ship , in another article I read.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Roufas]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   

This is just getting weirder and weirder.

Ok, they find a bunch of crap floating in the ocean. The fuel appears to be of a type used by airplanes, and the debris might have come from a plane, just not the Air France plane? Or it all might have come from a ship? But nothing came from the Air France plane?

Ok... if not from the Air France plane, then where did all this crap come from? Is someone else missing a plane and not reporting it, or is there a lost ship not yet reported?

Or are we losing something in the translation of these articles? Are the foreign presses simply not talking to each other, or are the different agencies not communicating? Why do all the English language news websites still believe all this debris is from the plane, but the Brazillians are saying no?

Are the Brazillians simply making premature judgements?

Questions, questions. Somehow, either the Brazillians are extremely confused, or something very weird is afoot.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What ever they found they dont want to show.
Because it will show evidence that something brought the plane down.
If on day you have an airline seat, the next you dont doesnt spell it out..

I mean, how many ships/boats have seats similar to the airliner ones?

How is it for days no one had a clue what happened, yet we all of a sudden got reports of passengers seeing bright flashes or burning debri's?

you think this would of been reported immediately.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I have not found any other news sites that are claiming that the Brazillian Air Force does not think any of this is from the Air France plane. Here is another site that still maintains a large debris swath and recovery of plane parts:

Debris

Maybe the site listed in the OP was translated wrong, or their sources aren't very good or reliable.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:59 PM
link   
edition.cnn.com...

Brazilian air force says debris was not from Air France crash

"It has been verified that the material did not belong to the plane," Brigadier Ramon Borges Cardoso told reporters in Recife about the material recovered Thursday. "It is a pallet of wood that is utilized for transport. It is used in planes, but on this flight to Paris, there was no wooden pallet."

He added that oil slicks seen on the ocean were not from the plane, either, and that the quantity of oil exceeded the amount the plane would have carried.

"No material from the airplane was picked up," he said.

ex/tags

[edit on 5/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A wooden cargo pallet was taken from the sea, but the Airbus A330 had no wooden pallets on board

its news now on BBC too. very strange. from the minute this went down it has seemed very strange, both the amount of time it took for the authorities to admit it had gone down and now all this BS.

I think the news is going to get very interesting over this weekend.

As you can see by the picture of the map on BBC, the plane disappeared not even in the big thunderstorms.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Flagging this thread. These conflicts of information are very strange. Who was on that plane? Any international figures or heavy hitters?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Nineteen passengers were employees and partners of a French electrical firm who had won a holiday for hitting sales targets

Another three were Irishwomen in their 20s who trained together as doctors, including a former member of the famed Riverdance dance troupe

A 25-year-old descendant of Brazil's long-defunct royal family was also on the passenger manifest

news.ninemsn.com.au...

dont think there is anything too strange here, but i did read somewhere that their were large company executives onboard, but i cant find that anywhere now!!!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Of course without seeing what exactly the debris was found other then the oil slick and the wooden crate I cant make any statements with absolute certainly . A possible explanation is that rubbish that was dumped from a merchant ship was found by searchers . The oil slick could have also come from a ship although I am not so sure how so much oil would have ended up in the drink . Mind you some merchant ships from the third world just look like rust buckets .

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Actually , according to articles I read , France was the one that was hasty on the trigger , and simply assumed it was their plane's that was down while not even checking anything.

The notice is not mistranslated , I am a native brazillian and have been an english speaker for more than 10 years, I translated word by word.

And they are the air force , they are serious man , they do not joke lol

There could be a conspiracy behind it yes , but what I found strange really was France already saying it was their plane without even checking it though.

Every brazillian MSN was saying this since yesterday , it baffles me your MSM is just saying it now

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join