It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Steven Jones actually a government disinfo comapaign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I started to take a look into the Truth movement and some of its main propreitors and see if there were actual reasons for the questioning of the Official story or if this was the governments greatest psy op to date.

First, take away partisan politics. This is not a left or right issue, as they are both used by the hand that controls the world from behind closed meeting room doors. Lets look at the man behind the most visible part of this movement before it split with James Fetzer in 2008....

Steven E Jones - An Accredited Professor who, for most of his life worked as a physicist, suddenly decided in 2005 to give a seminar after being a life long Religious Conservative. What was his reasoning since he was known Bush supporter prior to that seminar.

Now, I believe, that after the release of the 9/11 comission report, certain elements of the government were concerned that Flight 93 and the timeline would be looked at closer and questioned would arise as to if we shot it down. I mean, the Rummy slip...there are so many others...

So, why not take someone who is established, well known and respected, and have him start a movement that brings attention to something that you know cannot be disproved but is a great deflection. Make it look like he knows something so that is why he is removed from office. It creates more of a stir and the government releases more you tube videos under names like NWOKillaz and such drawing more attention. Start a huge internet campaign while you keep the people from asking about 93.

Where did this man come from and why did he do this? By all accounts he was a Religious Right Conservative who decided to put his reputation on the line and have a seminar. To me, he seems smarter than that when he could have easily have used a proxy or a website and not compromise his job.

Now, his ties to the Latter Day Saints as well as Bush's family ties to this same religion makes one wonder if this was not a favor with money to come afterward. After all, he has distanced himself from the outrageous views of the original 9/11 truth movement but still is trying to solve via science therefore creating a third group..the Truthers who believe with science 9/11 can be disproven.

Again,we ask why did he surface 4 years after 9/11? Did it take him that long to make up his mind? or was it the coming release of documents for the trials of other suspected 9/11 perpetrators such as Moussaoui. Seems strange that is was around the time of this trail when so many other documents would be released as evidence that the US government would want to distance themselves from Flight 93 to show that with new evidence and timelines there was ample time to shoot down 93. The entire 'stand down' order was contrived by Mineta. He was a player. Look him up.

Coinciding timelines... coincidence or evidence?

Now I could be totally wrong, and I am not trying to discredit anyone, I am simply posing a what if?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Morgan Reynolds and Judy Wood used to think so..
this is an old paper but gives some background as to Jones' initial hypothesis..

nomoregames.net...

I don't endorse Reynolds critique of Jones' work, I think he is the disinfo agent..
and although I don't agree with Jones, he has stood by his initial convictions and obviously done some in depth research on thermite.. we will all be awaiting peer review and acceptance of his position.. if it happens some of us will eat some crow.. if not, then nothing has changed..
I think Jones is the real deal.. I just don't believe his conclusions..

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the reply as that is an interesting article. I have just always wondered where and why about this guy.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   
The answer is yes.

mysite.verizon.net...

Best article I've ever seen that can explain all our questions about why 9-11 went down the way it did.

I wish the people that think they are awake .... Would wake up themselves.

I've said it before... 9-11 will get exposed one day as a lie... but that exposure will once again be another lie.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:51 AM
link   
so a disinfo agent making true claims? You have evidence that points to "he's wrong"? I would like to see any of that.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by jprophet420
so a disinfo agent making true claims? You have evidence that points to "he's wrong"? I would like to see any of that.

This is your opinion, which you are entitled to. However, this is not a "Is Steven Jones lying" thread. It is a thread created to see if there are any others out there who feel it is disinfo he is spreading as part of the Truth movement he was asked to join. He did not start it.

I am here to discern if my thoughts on him are correct based on arguments provided by other posters. There is disinformation and there is misinformation. I am not stating that everything he says is untrue but that some of the information that he provides may be misleading or have another agenda. That is disinformation.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What exactly is my opinion?

If hes telling the whole truth its not disinfo, what part is he leaving out?

BTW I haven't given an opinion yet.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
To me, he seems smarter than that when he could have easily have used a proxy or a website and not compromise his job.

Then he would have been just like hundreds/thousands of the rest of us faceless names on the internet. And all the cynics would be asking why no professionals have put their name on the line for such a cause. If you ever watch him in videos, he is a soft-spoken man that seems to have strong moral convictions. For what it's worth.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I know, that is why I think there is more to him and his reasons than a ranter like Fetzer. Jones is looking at scientific reasons and not space lasers.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Jones was one of the key players in the Cold Fusion debacle with Fleischmann and Pons about 20 years ago. An extremely high profile scientific breakthrough if it show to have any legs. It didn't.

My guess is an aging Jones saw an opportunity to be in the limelight again with something controversial. As his target audience was less discerning, but the issue highly controversial, it was an irresitable force. Money flows more easily in the direction of those with visible profile.

I don't dismiss the possibility that he has, in the process, been corralled as a disinformation agent. If there are things the government wants to conceal, why not send those looking on a wild goose chase.

And it really is a wild goose chase. Thermite or compounds would not even be a choice for those wanting a controlled demolition of WTC buildings. The reasons have been outlined elsewhere.

So while there are outstanding questions on prior knowledge of the attacks on the US, Truthers are hedging their bets on Jones demonstrating paint is thermite. Deflection is always useful.

Somebody somewhere must be laughing.

Mike

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Why not discuss the evidence instead of character attacks?

Start here:

9/11 Qui Tam Case Will Have Its Day in Court!

www.prlog.org...

Regarding Cold Fusion, CBS already says it's real but has been suppressed:

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CB_Brooklyn
Why not discuss the evidence instead of character attacks?

Regarding Cold Fusion, CBS already says it's real but has been suppressed

Jones has had his credibility analyzed elsewhere. He published his paper in a 'vanity press' peer review journal put out by Bentham, who publishes anything for a $800 fee. Two college kids recently submitted a computer generated random scientific jargon nonsense paper and Bentham accepted it on condition of the fee being paid.

Jones did not adhere to standard procedures in his testing for thermite. Anyone should be able to reproduce an experiment and obtain the same results for it to be considered valid.

No one has been able to reproduce the Cold Fusion experimental procedure and with a significant net energy gain. Many have tried.

Were it the breakthrough it was claimed to be, it would be one of the most important contributions to science in decades.

A CBS reporter may claim otherwise.

There's a lot of bad science out there.

Mike

[edit on 18-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I agree Jones' thermite is wrong. But what's that you said about Cold Fusion? It wasn't a "CBS reporter". It was a segment on 60 Minutes. If you watched the video linked in the article you will have learned that the Pentagon confirms free energy Cold Fusion is real.

Why doesn't the media talk about this more?

For answers see here:
The 9/11 Truth Movement, Free Energy Suppression, and the Global Elite’s Agenda
www.checktheevidence.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

I agree Jones' thermite is wrong. But what's that you said about Cold Fusion? It wasn't a "CBS reporter". It was a segment on 60 Minutes. If you watched the video linked in the article you will have learned that the Pentagon confirms free energy Cold Fusion is real.

No one would like anything more than to find such an inexpensive harmless source of energy and market it. The patent alone would be worth billions.

But thousands have tried to reproduce the Cold Fusion experiments with results showing insignificant if any energy gains.

That is the reason there has been little follow-up to the Fleischmann-Pons and Jones work done in the 80s. There is a wealth of peer review literature on this.

Like with the hidden alien technologies from Roswell, some say the US is concealing knowledge of a free Cold Fusion that actually is effective.

Either many thousands in government, professional research fields, and academia have been involved in keeping the most significant scientific information in human history a complete secret, or these claims are unfounded.

Mike

[edit on 19-6-2009 by mmiichael]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by mmiichael

No one would like anything more than to find such an inexpensive harmless source of energy and market it. The patent alone would be worth billions.

But thousands have tried to reproduce the Cold Fusion experiments with results showing insignificant if any energy gains.

That is the reason there has been little follow-up to the Fleischmann-Pons and Jones work done in the 80s. There is a wealth of peer review literature on this.

Like with the hidden alien technologies from Roswell, some say the US is concealing knowledge of a free Cold Fusion that actually is effective.

Either many thousands in government, professional research fields, and academia have been involved in keeping the most significant scientific information in human history a complete secret, or these claims are unfounded.

Mike

[edit on 19-6-2009 by mmiichael]

How about addressing the issues in the link I gave....... you know, the one you conveniently deleted when quoting my last post?

Sounds like you already made up your mind of what to believe, so why do you bother responding?

[edit on 19-6-2009 by CB_Brooklyn]

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

How about addressing the issues in the link I gave....... you know, the one you conveniently deleted when quoting my last post?

Sounds like you already made up your mind of what to believe, so why do you bother responding?

A sampling of the site, one stop shopping conspiracy, and the index tells me these DVD salesman have made up their mind where the money is.

Disclosure/ET
9-11 and Fake Terror
Antigravity
Chemtrails & Climate
Moon Hoax
Order DVD's

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Order DVD's

Last I checked the DVD's that are suppost to be paid for are freely looked at online..

Alex Jones, Ziegiest, Loose Change, and so on.. Those are the only ones I thought off the top of my head.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I am glad to see at least a few looking at an alternative to the usual arguments.

To me, he is perfect. He is not 'crazy' as it is how as how he split from Fetzer but at the same time he gives enough to spur debate. Like a movie trailer that looks awesome but you see the movie and...there is 2 minutes of CGI action and the rest is bunk.

That is what disinformation and deflection are. A way to point those in a direction as not to look at something else. That something else to me has always been 93. A quick call to arms (Lets Roll), a movie and ALOT of WTC 7 talk and Pentagon craziness.

To this day, there is NO credible or peer reviewed evidence to show demolition at Ground Zero.

Four years after 9/11 he came forward....why? Everyone has a reason. If he came out in February of 02 I would feel very different.

posted on Jun, 19 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
To this day, there is NO credible or peer reviewed evidence to show demolition at Ground Zero.

Four years after 9/11 he came forward....why? Everyone has a reason. If he came out in February of 02 I would feel very different.

Jones came along just as the 9/11 Truth Movement was declinig. There was infighting and divisions. A lot of the brighter lights started to see it for what was becoming - a cult. The 2004 POPULAR MECHANIC article answered a lot of questions for the general public and membership was down.

It has morphed into a rallying point for the angry, the disenfranchised, the paranoid. A loose community with a literature you can add to and new friends to share your outraged indignation of the the rich and powerful. A politics with no real goal, just the common belief that the US is a monolithic monster capable of any and all evil.

Jones had a PHD some credibility as a physics professor. Importantly he introduced a new magic word - 'thermite.' So now you can throw that word around and impress disbelievers. The fact that any form of thermite would not really work as an explosive in a controlled demolition, and that Jones had done his tests on ordinary paint, were not issues.

So he has gone from being an obscure dismissed prof to a heroic champion of Truth and Justice, with a noble cause. Somewhere along the way there are a few bucks in it for him, I'd imagine.

Mike

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   

A sampling of the site, one stop shopping conspiracy, and the index tells me these DVD salesman have made up their mind where the money is.

Disclosure/ET
9-11 and Fake Terror
Antigravity
Chemtrails & Climate
Moon Hoax
Order DVD's

For the second time, you confirm my original thought: you already made up your mind of what to think.

You assume the items in the list above are not real simply because you feel comfortable doing so. Nothing wrong with feeling comfortable, but how about "checking the evidence" as the name of the website suggests? No money is being made from the sale of those DVDs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join