It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we still in the seventh day?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
All of the first six days of the Bible end with "and the evening and the morning were the X day" but there is no passage that says "And the evening and the morning were the seventh day".

Could it be that when Jesus references the Morning Star at the end of the Bible he is talking about the New Dawn in the 8th day of the Lord.

If God is all knowing and omnipotent I don't think his day and night would be determined by the Sun and the turning of the Earth. I think a day for God is an aeon in human terms.

If I am correct then all of recorded history is within the 7th day when god is resting. This means that when Jesus comes back, God will come back also.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Well, the Bible is quite clear that a day is not the same with God as it is with man. However, your reasoning has a problem. In order for your reasoning to be true, the earth would have to be only 7000 years old.

There is too much evidence that the eath is much, much older than that.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

????

What justification could you possibly have for the quantity 7000 years?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I think he meant because it states:

"with the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day"

Therefore to be in the 7th day the Earth would be 7,000 years old.

I hope I got that right SpeakerofTruth.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

The bible says that a day is a 1000 years with the lord. So, if your argument were true, we are living in the seventh day, and the earth is only 7000 years old.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMythLives

Right on the money.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
We might very well be experiencing the "7th day" still. God sure does still seem to be resting. God was, according to Genesis, very involved during the first 6 days, but where is God now? MIA, it appears.
Oh, that's right, free will, etc. Seems more like a free for all, no holds barred, massive wrestling match.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
If we were still in the seventh day, we would all be resting, but we are not.

Two lines at this point

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

Where Specifically Does The Bible Say One Day equals One Thousand Years?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Also does the bible mention any specific time in which God stops resting. Does the bible give any specific time in which satan is given his status.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
According to the biblical time frame we are in the 6th day, late into the night.

The 7th day would be the time after the coming of the messiah.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I would tend to think the WORLD is 6 billion or so years old, and the 7000 years / 7 day would be that of recorded history.

We could very well be in a day 7 of 7 of our evolutionary progression. We have mastered the study and casting of black holes, fusion energy, H bomb the ATOM massive structures like a hovering space station that is able to support life cellular and blood for say, we have overcome obstacles of barriers never dreamed of only 500 years ago, even 150 years ago. BUT on the other hand the scales weigh into the ignorance over the light weighing of the scales of those whom are of knowing.

If all our sciences are leading us to conclusions that we are on a home that is older than that of those whom mislead people to a fallible false truth thus further rendering them to susceptible vulnerability, as jumping of a bridge would be very high with out and safety restraints.

PLEASE: USE YOUR COMMON SENSE AND FIGURE LOGIC. It's not hard with the information freeway as a resource to back up true and what is.

How could you passibly think this world is only 7000 years young??
You upset my tummy, rather; MAKE ME SICK!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:07 PM
link   

If I am correct then all of recorded history is within the 7th day when god is resting. This means that when Jesus comes back, God will come back also.
This is not that strange of an idea.
There are several beliefs that incorporate this concept into them.
Cronos is one example, in Greek mythology.
When he wakes up, the Earth comes to an end, at least that is how I remember it.
I ran across another one yesterday that I was not familiar with, so there are others, if you wanted to research it.
As for your question, we have the Sabbath which commemorates the seventh day of creation, which technically was after the six days of creation. The seventh was sanctified, being set apart from the others.
We have a seven day cycle which is still followed today.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tumache

No one ever stated that they beleived that the world was 7000 years young.

If the Bible states enfatically that one day in the lord is exactly one thousand years in human time then I would have to say that we couldn't possibly be in the seventh day. But I have never heard/read any definite measure to how long a day in the lord is. I personally believe it is too long for us to fathem.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:33 AM
link   

If God is all knowing and omnipotent I don't think his day and night would be determined by the Sun and the turning of the Earth. I think a day for God is an aeon in human terms.

A day is a significant cycle within the tiny perspective here on earth, 1000 years would not be a significant cycle from the perspective of the galaxy, so why should it be a significant cycle to an omnipotent God.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Psst...
Calender's change, so does the way and concept of time when they do change it.
For example in the ancient times the calender was only 11 MONTHS long....

It still had four seasons and two equinoxe's; so HOW do you only have 7 DAYS of creation when at the time it wasn't the commonly used form of time keeping? i.e one week? History has a bunch of secret's to tell if you really look into it!

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Why look for obscure parallels between the creation account and the last days?
I don't see much benefit there.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
All of the first six days of the Bible end with "and the evening and the morning were the X day" but there is no passage that says "And the evening and the morning were the seventh day".

Could it be that when Jesus references the Morning Star at the end of the Bible he is talking about the New Dawn in the 8th day of the Lord.

Hi,S.C

Are we in in the seventh day?
According to why or what?
The eighth day is the Day of Resurrection....8 being the number that has no beginning and has no end.
According to Church.. Pascha(easter) is celebrated as the Resurrection Day...always celebrated one week after the Jewish Passover

Pascha~talk on the Eighth day and more

Pascha /

Thus the Christian Pascha, which follows the Old Testament Pesach’s full moon, can never coincide with it or precede it.
Today, in the era of the New Testament, whether the full moon corresponds with the present Hebrew Pesach or not, can have no bearing on the Christian Pascha.
As an example, let us note that if the first (Paschal) full moon following the vernal equinox does not correspond with the moon of the Hebrew Pesach, it means that the latter is based upon another full moon, either one which precedes or one that follows the first full moon.
Neither of these would be of significance for the Christian Pascha since one of them is the second moon that follows the vernal equinox and the other one precedes it.
More interesting info~

''Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who have fallen asleep.
For as by a man came death, by a man has come also the resurrection of the dead.
For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive...
"O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?"
The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law.
But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ! (1 Corinthians 15:20-22 and 55-57)

A friend that I haven't seen in awhile has a big map of the world....on it shows that one day there will be an eighth day everyday...This is the Resurrection Day in which time never ends...of-course this happens after this world ends...the Present world as we know it.
If I meet up with this friend, I will try and get a picture of the map.

Christianity celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus Christ every Sunday and it is for this reason that it is Sunday,and not Saturday, our Sabbath.

more quotes///The number eight is the symbol of the Resurrection, for it
was on the day after the Sabbath, and so the eighth day, that
Christ rose from the tomb. Furthermore, the seven days of
the week are the image of the time of this world, and the
eighth day of the everlasting day. Sunday is the liturgical
commemoration of the eighth day, at the same time a
memorial of the Resurrection and a prophecy of the world to
come.
St Augustine in his Book 22 of “The City of God” writes:
“an eighth day and eternal day, consecrated by the
Resurrection of Christ… There we shall rest and see, see and
love, love and praise.”
source

Hope that helps you out a little.
helen

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Actually it helps out alot. As far as I knew I was the only one who had come to such a conclusion, and thought there was perhaps some obvious Biblical reason I was wrong. (I come from an athiest family, I am only 20, and don't belong to any church nor do I really associate with any christians, and hence do not have a very detailed knowledge of scripture.)

Bless you Helen

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Glad to be of help!
take care, and may your soul find what it's looking for.
''StopComplaining''!
Nice user name...it's a good sign to live by!

helen

top topics

<<   2 >>

join