It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we still in the seventh day?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Kind of surprised people are hanging on to the literal 1000 years thing here. When it says that about 1000 years it doesn't mean literal and exact. It's saying that a day for god is not in anyway comparable to a day on earth.

I guess it would have been more obvious if it said something like a gazillion or something, but 1000 years = 1 day is still a pretty large spread.

And in genesis when it says on this day and on that day, it's mostly just expressing a then this happen, then that happened order of things.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Also Christ say forgive your brother 7 times 7. Does he really mean we should forgive our brother exactly 49 times.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining
Also Christ say forgive your brother 7 times 7. Does he really mean we should forgive our brother exactly 49 times.

Hi, S.C

As B.M(above)has said...it is a large number and therefore it means a long time....1000 years should not be taken literally.
Seven times seventy?
The Lord teaches that we must forgive, by specifying a large number....

“The sin of Lamech requires for its cure not a Flood, but Him Who Himself takes away the sin of the world.
Count the generations from Adam to the coming of Christ, and you will find, according to the genealogy of Luke, that the Lord was born in the seventy-seventh.” St Basil the Great, 365 letters, Letter CLXXXVII (187)

And many people think that Christianity is an easy way out...Following Gods Word is not just to follow, but to show others a good example so that may see...
link

helen

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 08:51 PM
link   
To answewr the OPs question, yes, we are on the 7th day.
Actually, the 7th day could have started. 6000 years ago because if you think about it the whole 6000 vs 2 billlion year old Earth debate is so elementary.
Most people approach this like a snot nose 8 year with a basic linear math education that has never been exposed to exponents and logs.

Quite simply, the first day of creation was actually over a billion Earth years.
The second day, several hundred million years.
The third day a few million years and the 4th, several hundred thousand years.
Each day much shorter than the previous, slowly tapering off. No linearity here whatsoever.

It all has to do with the point of reference.
f you travel through space at the speed of light and return to Earth one year later, all your loved will have been dead because many Earth years would have passed.

Think about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hi/

The year is 2009...7517 in Church calendar years from Adam and Eve.
Here is an interesting prophecy that speaks of things to come.
Why here?
7 is an interesting number!
Thanks S.C

Concerning prophecy~S.Kosmas...on the Third generation

helen

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

StopComplaining:

Hello to you my friend. In answer to your question about forgiveness, I believe Christ was using 7X7 as an example. I believe a Christian would never wiithhold forgiveness to anyone. If we live our lives as Jesus did we would have a heart of love for our brothers and sisters and would never hold a grudge that would bring disharmoney between two people.

Also, if there is unforgiveness in our heart it makes it kind of hard to come to the Father for quiet time and meditation. The Holy Spirit will keep hounding you untill you do forgive the person and have peace in your heart again.

Peace to you,
Grandma

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Grandma

I agree. Thank you.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Thank you Alxandro I think where on the same page.

How did you come to this conclusion?

[edit on 5-6-2009 by StopComplaining]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by StopComplaining

One thing that lead me to the idea we are still in the seventh day is the spiritual power vacuum.

When an powerful authority crumbles in a totalitarian state, everyone competes and wars each other to be top boss. I guess this is what I see currently spiritually. But if there is only one all powerful God how can this be?

I think it is because God is taking a more observational retired role (on the current seventh Day) but this will change on the eighth.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

This is one of the most knowledgeable posts on the creation account I have ever read on ATS, well done Sir. I happen to agree with you.

People who say the earth was created literally in 6- 24 hour days are making fools of themselves. That's why Atheists make fun of us, because of their(creationist 24hr) ignorant stupidity. What binds God to our 24 hour day, that we invented. Nothing!

So yes we are in the seventh day of his rest.

As a side point the 6th day ended with the creation of Eve. We don't have a date for that. What we do have is date for Adams' creation which was 6034 years ago.

It is a correct assumption that day of rest is 7000 years, but embedded within that is the 1000 year reign of Christ. Simple math then tells us we are very close to God taking action to maintain his time line.

Here is a good question for everybody, how old was Adam when Eve was created? The bible doesn't say, but Adam needed time to name every animal first. I am going to guess he was in his forties.

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Blue_Jay33]

posted on Jun, 9 2009 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by StopComplaining

Thank you Alxandro I think where on the same page.

How did you come to this conclusion?

It came to me many years ago when I was studying Electronics.

If you think about the Big Bang theory, and approach it from a different angle, from that very instantaeous moment of chaos (the initial event that sparked the BigBang) until the period where time finally begins to stabilize (where time finally began taking on linear characteristics, but still not quite), it could prove and explain that both Science and Religion are correct.

In a simple resistor-capacitor electronic circuit, the RC time constant is based on the values of these two components.
During the first Time Constant the capacitor charges to 63% of the total available voltage. If you could see the waveform you would see that the current flow is not steady nor is it linear.
During the second Time Constant it continues to charge for another 63% of the remaining available voltage.
It continues to charge for the remaining 3 time constants where it can be considered fully charged but it never does charge to 100% because it can't.
It is at this point that the voltage level finally appears to be linear and constant, almost a straight line and no longer a parabola.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join