It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto & Cancer Milk: Fox News Kills Story & Fires Reporters

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by akoola111

So maybe Monsanto is being used by the government for population control. Isn't the CEO's wife a member of congress who introduces pro Monsanto bills?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me...I just wonder about the chemicals in my food...artificial colorings and preservatives, corn syrup, hydrogenated oils, aspartame, etc.

Ultimately, large corporations are corrupt, the government is corrupt...I don't believe the FDA, regulations, and Codex Alimenterus are here to help

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I can't believe these people can get away with crap like this.

Peace Alien Mind

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Excellent post. This is so revealing on so many levels. This helps explain why indeed reporters of integrity report so little actual news. It is sad--one can always follow the money. Another issue is that public schools do not offer the choice of organic milk.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
It gets better.

After a five-week trial and six hours of deliberation which ended August 18, 2000, a Florida state court jury unanimously determined that Fox "acted intentionally and deliberately to falsify or distort the plaintiffs' news reporting on BGH." In that decision, the jury also found that Jane's threat to blow the whistle on Fox's misconduct to the FCC was the sole reason for the termination... and the jury awarded $425,000 in damages which makes her eligible to apply for reimbursement for all court costs, expenses and legal fees.

Fox appealed and prevailed February 14, 2003 when an appeals court issued a ruling reversing the jury, accepting a defense argument that had been rejected by three other judges on at least six separate occasions.

Appeals Court rules that the news can lie

In that regard, Akre notes that federal agencies may announce general policies and interpretive principles through the adjudicative process and argues that the fact that "the FCC adopted the news distortion policy through an adjudicative process does not affect its validity or enforceability as a matter of federal law..."
First, federal law recognizes a dichotomy between rulemaking and adjudication; it does not equate the two.

NEW WORLD COMMUNICATIONS OF TAMPA v. Jane Akre

This here sets a "precedent."

Say it with me, kids.

There has been precedent set that the news doesn't have to tell you a damned bit of truth.

Because the FCC’s news distortion policy is not a “law, rule, or regulation” under section 448.102, Akre has failed to state a claim under the whistle-blower's statute.

That's right, news agencies don't have to provide accurate news because they are simply producing entertainment. I mean, because the FCCs news distortion carries ZERO authority, can the news just be completely made up?

Yes it can.

Seinfeld and Battle Star Galactica are fictional, so the news can be too. Isn't that fantastic?
With all of the bang, zoom, and production, it not only appears that the news is just another TV show, it, in fact, IS just another TV show, so says the Florida court of appeals.

So say we all.

This is basically understandable, unless you're an idealist.

Money does indeed make the world go round.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
i feel for journalists who are repeatedly being manipulated to hold back the truth.

but how many journalists continually let this sort of thing slide through, without disclosing.

It makes me sick to think about it.

also i feel ashamed that Rupert Murdoch was an Australian.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
This is from the Book and Movie - "The Corporation" a 2003 documentary from Canada.

This is seriously old news.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I haven't drunk milk or used any milk products in 34 years, and after reading this today I went ahead and dumped my monsanto stock. No reason to help fund people that lie for the love of money.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by liveandlearn
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Seriously, if you are in the states, then try to limit milk consumption. Try the vanilla soy milk, as it really does taste similar- so much so that I really don't notice the difference in cereal.

Check the label though. The 'Silk' brand states on the label that it is not from genetically modified soy beans. I use the plain soy but only this brand.

Thanks, as it turns out, that's exactly the brand I buy every once in a long while.
And the vanilla flavor of that one is the one I was talking about. So hopefully everything's cool.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
This is what we get when we foster the notions in society that making money is more important than anything else.

I will never forget watching this show on tv, some educational station, and it had a dozen CEOs speaking to students at a university about business. Sort of boring, I was just channel surfing when I found it. But I paused to watch it as one older man spoke about how, 40 years ago, when he started running companies, that the whole point of running a business was to make a good product. He went on to say that now, it was more about keeping the stock price high and keeping the stock holders happy.

I had never thought about it before. But somehow, that seems wrong.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

Wrong is not a strong enough word. Evil and greed is what I would call it.

second line.

edit because I wrote to fast.

[edit on 4-6-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by audas

Monsanto is never old news...
If you really thought that you could at least exert a bit of energy and provide a link?

OP, Great thread, Starred & Flagged!
Thinking we all know Monsanto is evil giant corporation, run for greed.

Organic Dairies Watch the Good Times Turn Bad
May 29th, 2009
www.nytimes.com...

More Than 70 Companies Vow to Avoid Genetically Modified Sugar Beets
May 27, 2009

More than 70 companies have signed a pledge promising to avoid using sugar from genetically modified sugar beets "wherever possible."

Genetically modified sugar beets, engineered by the Monsanto Corporation to be resistant to its herbicide Roundup, were first harvested in fall 2008.

www.seedsofdeception.com...

6 Reasons to Reject Monsanto's Roundup-Ready Wheat
Wheatless Wednesday: 6 Reasons to Reject Monsanto's Roundup-Ready Wheat
June 3, 2009

Last month, Canada, the United States, and Australia announced unprecedented plans to join forces and commercialize genetically-engineered wheat, saying that biotechnology was crucial to the future of the wheat industry.
eatdrinkbetter.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It would be so awesome if some entity like Anonymous used this info to go after Monsanto or the MSM as hard as they went after Scientology.

They have made a lot of inroads in drawing attention to the dangers of Scientology to the point that countries world-wide are cracking down on Co$.

IMO, Monsanto and the MSM are much, much more dangerous.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Good one. Any other questions may be answered in the video below. There's much more most of the world is ignorant of as seen here:

GMO and the 'purpose'.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread True and everyone for your posts!
Is this the next step now if your an independant journalist?
Works so well in Russia, we are importing it!www.abovetopsecret.com...
Lets get the word out about Dr. M.
Edit: S & F!

[edit on 4-6-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
America is and for the most part always has been a corporation. The rights, liberties, and justice that once was a big part of this nation no longer exists. We are nothing but sheep, toys, trash, to these corporations. The courts, the law, and everyone in Government are bribed, manipulated, and threatened. The only way to end such things is to form a powerful constituent of people that will fight to the death. Then and only then will we get true freedom...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Kevinquisitor

Double Danger of High Fructose Corn Syrup

Sucrose is a disaccharide composed of 50 percent glucose and 50 percent fructose. Dr. Fields repeated her experiments to determine whether it was the glucose or fructose moiety that caused the harmful effects. Starch breaks down into glucose when digested. On a copper-deficient diet, the male rats showed some signs of copper deficiency, but not the gross abnormalities of vital organs that occur in rats on the sucrose diet. When the rats were fed fructose, the fatal organ abnormalities occured

Lysl oxidase is a copper-dependent enzyme that participates in the formation of collagen and elastin. Fructose seems to interfere with copper metabolism to such an extent that collagen and elastin cannot form in growing animals--hence the hypertrophy of the heart and liver in young males. The females did not develop these abnormalities, but they resorbed their litters.1

These experiements should give us pause when we consider the great increase in the use of high fructose corn syrup during the past 30 years, particularly in soft drinks, fruit juices and other beverages aimed at growing children, children increasingly likely to be copper deficient as modern parents no longer serve liver to their families. (Liver is by far the best source of copper in human diets.)

In humans, fructose feeding leads to mineral losses, especially higher fecal excretions of iron and magnesium, than did subjects fed sucrose. Iron, magnesium, calcium, and zinc balances tended to be more negative during the fructose-feeding period as compared to balances during the sucrose-feeding period.19 There is significant evidence that high sucrose diets may alter intracellular metabolism, which in turn facilitates accelerated aging through oxidative damage. Scientists found that the rats given fructose had more undesirable cross-linking changes in the collagen of their skin than in the other groups. These changes are also thought to be markers for aging. The scientists say that it is the fructose molecule in the sucrose, not the glucose, that plays the larger part.20

Because it is metabolized by the liver, fructose does not cause the pancreas to release insulin the way it normally does. Fructose converts to fat more than any other sugar. This may be one of the reasons Americans continue to get fatter. Fructose raises serum triglycerides significantly. As a left-handed sugar, fructose digestion is very low. For complete internal conversion of fructose into glucose and acetates, it must rob ATP energy stores from the liver.21

This is jusf a small portion of this article. The full article is worth the read in my opinion.

You might want to rethink your position on fructose

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kevinquisitor

Originally posted by iamcamouflage

Almost every sweet thing we eat contains HFCS(high fructose corn syrup) and the human body does not process this sugar the same as regular sugar. It fuels large profits along with obesity.

This is not true at all!

High Fructose Corn Syrup is made from corn, is the same as sugar, and is fine in moderation!

That is incorrect. Regular sugar and HFCS are not the same. On a molecular level they are different from a ratio perspective and the body sees and processes them in a different fashion. Obviously moderation is key when it comes to any type of sugar. HFCS means that he ratio of fructose to glucose is not equal. Fructose must be processed by the liver and glucose can be absorbed directly into the bloodstream. Regular sugar comes in a ratio of 1 glucose to 1 fructose. HCFS comes in many ratios but a very common one is 9 fructose to 1 glucose.

Sugar vs. HFCS

Science of Sugar

Wiki, I know but check the 90/10 ratio

[edit on 5-6-2009 by iamcamouflage]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax
My Friend,

a) this thread will die

b) this story will get wiped under the rug

c) NO change will occur from the telling, spreading, or posting of this story

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER.

Not so... many people will be effected by this RT

I already have...

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Agreed.

a) this thread will die- umm well, 99.9% of all threads eventually die at ATS. But so far so good.

b) this story will get wiped under the rug- isn't this a repeat of #1? We addressed this already...

c) NO change will occur from the telling, spreading, or posting of this story- Well, it appears that Monsato just lost another investor, according to one poster in this thread... And you better believe I starred THAT one!

WELCOME TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER. - Thanks, but no thanks. Me hatem the NWO. I will fight on.

[edit on Fri Jun 5th 2009 by TrueAmerican]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join