It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: U.S. 'not at war with Islam'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Obama: U.S. 'not at war with Islam'

www.cnn.com

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama spoke of the tensions Thursday between the United States and Muslims saying " the sweeping change brought by modernity and globalization led many Muslims to view the West as hostile to the traditions of Islam.

"Violent extremists have exploited these tensions in a small but potent minority of Muslims. The attacks of September 11th, 2001 and the continued efforts of these extremists to engage in violence against civilians has led some in my country to view Islam..
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I just listened to Obama's speech in its entirety. Throughout the speech, I noticed very interesting subtleties, such as the obvious reference to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's denial of the Holocaust. Of course, the one that stuck out for me (as I'm sure it did with others) was when Obama said "world order." My eyes literally lit up when he said that, even though he has said it a couple of times before.

Will Obama's speech have any true impact, or was this just another entertaining show?

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I'm assuming it's too early in the US right now for people to have watched the speech, so I guess I'll wait until later to hear opinions of people here.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

yep, your up too early!
Im looking for in on the web now, If I find the speech on YOUTUBE ill post it in here.

Edit to Add Videos:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-6-2009 by rjmelter]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
when Obama said "world order."

Yep ... he's a tool of the NWO alright. No question.

As for the speech - read what the LA Times says about 'Muslim World' reference -

LA Times - Wrong Venue for Obama's Muslim Speech

To speak to the "Muslim world", is to speak not to a fact, but rather to an aspiration, and that is the aspiration that Islam shall be a global state religion as its founders intended. To address this aspiration is to breathe life into it . For an American president to validate such an aspiration is madness. America is not at war with Islam, unless, that is, Islam were to take a political form that threatens America's global interests. These interests include friendly relationships with nation-states that have a Muslim majority, such as Egypt, Turkey and Jordan. To address "the Muslim world" is to conjure up a prospective enemy, for global political Islam only can exist as the enemy of the nation-states with which America has allied.

Obama, the White House press office told reporters last week, will address among other issues the Arab-Israeli issue. What does it imply to raise this issue in a speech to the "Muslim world"? Nearly 700 million of the world's 1.4 billion Muslims live in Indonesia, Pakistan, India and Bangladesh, countries which share no linguistic or cultural affinities with the Arabs, and have only religion in common.

[edit on 6/4/2009 by FlyersFan]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Could someone point me to the date when AMerica "DECLARED WAR ON ISLAM", and also, if the US declared war on islam, why did they not attack the most populous islamic state in the world?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   
i think when people like obama say WORLD ORDER they just mean the general order of the world, the way things work - its not talking about a single group.

Obama is trying to deal with the very complex problems caused by the former president bush, words like 'crusade' echo around the muslim world still -i can assure you of this, From a middle eastern perspective it looks like christendom is waging an unholy war against islam using economic, political and militaristic might to try and crush them - obama needs to heal this rift before the world tears itself apart, thus fixing the order of the world so it's more stable and provides a positive platform for human development.

It's clear that many people on the plant, i call them rednecks, haven't developed mentally past the bronze age - they consider conquest to be the only answer, infact its not an answer at all, the only real answer is harmony. Simple thermodynamics wills tell you that much, a system will grow more complex unless it is balanced - look at the rest of the planet, everything has settled down into a complex web of interdependent links. THIS is the order of the planet, we just happen to have something nature never had - an intelligent designer! yes we can model our system into something which works for us....

Obama is a smart man, he knows we can't go on winning the wars for oil forever, not least with china and her massively expanding potential or the great bear which seems to be coming out of hybernation once again. The west has to move quickly into a stable and sustainable footing which means ending the unwinable wars, hopefully after the 'terrorism' he'll tackle the nonsence which is 'drug prohibition'

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
Obama is trying to deal with the very complex problems caused by the former president bush,

so Bush is "YEAR ZERO" is he, problems had not been fostering for decades, arguably CENTURIES before hime then (and I am no Bush fan, but such hyperbole is ridiculous)

words like 'crusade' echo around the muslim world still

do they "echo" in the mountain regions of Afghanistan as Obama's soldiers pound another village?

-i can assure you of this, From a middle eastern perspective it looks like christendom is waging an unholy war against islam using economic, political and militaristic might to try and crush them

utter nonsense- so many wrongs, for a start

* There is a greater number of christians living in the middle east than Muslims in America- does this significant minority not count as a minority in your eyes? (quite aside from the fact there are Jewish, secular, etc minorities)
* There is no singular Muslim view- each country has it's own religions, political and cultural differences, with many of them hating a fellow mainly Islamic nation more than the west!
* Clearly there is no "holy" war- you could argue a secular war forcing secular notions on them, but then Obama is a "Christian" allegedly as well

No one is waging a war to replace Islam with Christianity

- obama needs to heal this rift before the world tears itself apart, thus fixing the order of the world so it's more stable and provides a positive platform for human development.

I thought most people had snapped out of the Obama messiah complex- he cannot "heal" the rift in the world, tis the height of arrogance to claim he could. He is propogating old myths about their being a religious crusade against Islam, which there isn't, and he is dividing the world into identity/group politics, as if the "MUSLIM WORLD" is one homogenous thinking bloc (which it isnt)

It's clear that many people on the plant, i call them rednecks, haven't developed mentally past the bronze age -

Utterly pathetic

they consider conquest to be the only answer, infact its not an answer at all, the only real answer is harmony. Simple thermodynamics wills tell you that much, a system will grow more complex unless it is balanced - look at the rest of the planet, everything has settled down into a complex web of interdependent links. THIS is the order of the planet, we just happen to have something nature never had - an intelligent designer! yes we can model our system into something which works for us....

can somebody fly down to the real world here

Obama is a smart man, he knows we can't go on winning the wars for oil forever, not least with china and her massively expanding potential or the great bear which seems to be coming out of hybernation once again. The west has to move quickly into a stable and sustainable footing which means ending the unwinable wars, hopefully after the 'terrorism' he'll tackle the nonsence which is 'drug prohibition'

Why is he upping the ante in Afghanistan then!?!?!?!?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Disclaimer - It is possible that I am completely insane and have lost touch with reality. Reader discretion is strongly advised.

Obama will eventually betray Israel and help Islam establish a One World Government. In the spotlight Obama supports and endorses Israel. Behind closed doors he is plotting a propaganda war against it that will threaten Israel's security. (I can assure you that this will NOT be a good thing for ANYBODY on this planet!)

Just wait and see. Israel will be invaded and there begins world war three!

I honestly hope I am crazy and completely wrong. Something bad is coming.

[edit on 4/6/2009 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Islam is at war with us.

We are infidels, and by not submitting to Islam, we are oppressors.

Islam must dominate all.

Obumblehead so much as identified himself as an apostate to conservative Muslim countries...

Big mistake, leaving Islam is not permitted, Allah and his prophet are very clear on how apostasy must be dealt with.

Who elected this empty suit, anyway?

As President Obama prepared to leave Washington to fly to the Middle East, he conducted several television and radio interviews at the White House to frame the goals for a five-day trip, including the highly-anticipated speech Thursday at Cairo University in Egypt.

In an interview with Laura Haim on Canal Plus, a French television station, Mr. Obama noted that the United States also could be considered as "one of the largest Muslim countries in the world."

Is B. Hussein insane? Less knowledgeable than a schoolboy? Claiming America on behalf of the caliphate? Or is he just giving us a foretaste of the shameful pandering in store for us when he grovels his way through the Islamic world, apologizing for the lousy country he is embarrassed to rule?

Obama Portrays America as a Muslim Country

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by blueorder

i won't bother responding to most of your baseless rage, i will however answer this point

utter nonsense- so many wrongs, for a start

* There is a greater number of christians living in the middle east than Muslims in America- does this significant minority not count as a minority in your eyes? (quite aside from the fact there are Jewish, secular, etc minorities)
* There is no singular Muslim view- each country has it's own religions, political and cultural differences, with many of them hating a fellow mainly Islamic nation more than the west!
* Clearly there is no "holy" war- you could argue a secular war forcing secular notions on them, but then Obama is a "Christian" allegedly as well

Of course the situation is more complex than my single paragraph could ever hope to cover, many opposing and contriving views just like anywhere on earth. I take it however you never watched one of Bin Ladens videos? or much al'jazeera? The west's crusade against the middle east is a well known, understood and talked about thing. I speak not of all christians or of christianity as an ideology but of Christendom - the kingdom of the christians which has waged war against the kingdom of islam ever since islam was started (to repel the evil christians).

Why did those arabs want to take down the twin towers? Bin Laden later said it was because they were a sign of Americas economic imperialism - the US was using trade as a weapon, the people in the towers were doing as much as any military man to oppress his people. A small group of radial islamists were trying to convince the world that america was out to destroy the traditional way of life using insidious means such as the spread of rock and roll, mcdonalds, etc which would erode the moral standards of the nation - then most people in the middle east didn't buy it, however when bush started with his 'crusade' rhetoric and the bombs started falling througout the middle east more and more people started to see this as true.

Obama has to try and show them that america is just trying to help, that it's understood its mistakes and is willing to move forward...

As for the rest of your post i presume an certain iron age ideology is stopping you seeing the truth in thermodynamics and as i don't want to push this thread off the rails i think we should just agree to disagree about the great invisible wizard in the sky.

As for why obama is putting more effort into afghan well bush dun their mixed up quite a hornets nest - we can't do what we did in iraq last time (daddy Bush), go in mess the place up and let some group of hardline fanatics take over and oppress everyone, it didn't make us too popular last time

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I see the reasoning behind the symbolism this speech has. However, this is just mass appeasement. Obama should have taken the opportunity to challenge the ills in their society too, ie. treatment of women, gays, minorities. I heard alot about respect for muslim culture and little insistance for them to reciprocate. The intolerance stems not from US actions, but from a goal of Islamic global dominance.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by theblunttruth

if america is not willing to face its mistakes and problems then why should the islamic nations?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by NatureBoy
reply to post by theblunttruth

if america is not willing to face its mistakes and problems then why should the islamic nations?

Well when suicide bombings, public hangings and child executions become the everyday norm in America, you're point could then have some validity.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Wow all of this talk of evil Muslims this and infidel Christians that I almost feel like Im back in the year 1000. Does anyone not learn anything about history? Religion is being used on BOTH sides to empower a select few. So keep on fighting likes its the year 999 Ill do the best I can to stay out of this crap although the religious nuts who run this country will do their damnedest to keep us in it. We have to keep the defense contractors paid you know....

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Judge people by there fruits not there words.

America does not practice what obama said about not being at war with Islam, while bush before him openly was behind the scenes having dreams of great battles.

America should practice what it preaches, not having speeches that only have limited impact on society.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
How is it possible to not be at war with a religion whose followers are preaching convert or die?

Go ahead and quote the Quran I'm talking about what is actually practiced by believers that I have seen.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
How is it possible to not be at war with a religion whose followers are preaching convert or die?

Go ahead and quote the Quran I'm talking about what is actually practiced by believers that I have seen.

and you dont think that we arent over there trying to convert them from Muslims to Christians?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by tjeffersonsghost

Originally posted by jjkenobi

and you dont think that we arent over there trying to convert them from Muslims to Christians?

Are you contending Obama's troops and mercenaries are in Iraq and Afghanistan to convert people to Christianity? Because he is the Commander in Chief now and he has increased troop levels instead of pulling them back home.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Personally I thought his speech was a little scary and certainly tied in with his goof about "My muslim faith".... I guess we will see, but from over here it seems like a president who indeed will bring change to the usa (not good change though)....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join