It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mich. teen gets probation for burning man's groin

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Mich. teen gets probation for burning man's groin

my.earthlink.net

PONTIAC, Mich. - A teenager in suburban Detroit has apologized for lighting a man's pants on fire and causing a third-degree burn to the man's groin. Eighteen-year-old Tyler Quick spoke Tuesday before the judge sentenced him to probation. He pleaded guilty last month to assault with intent to commit great bodily harm less than murder.

Police say Quick attended a party at the Ferndale home of a 51-year-old man, who passed out during the party.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If a kid set my groin on fire he would be lucky to just get probation.

Are these types of stories indicative of a trend in today's youth?
Is real life turning into a video game where their is no thought of the consequences to real people?

As I read the news I see a general dehumanization; when someone is physically harmed; oops, collateral damage.
Euphemisms for pain and evil.

A dark sickness has settled over our land. God help us.

my.earthlink.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3-6-2009 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Why was this 18 year-old at a party at a 51 year-olds home?
Why was the 51 year-old having a party like this in the first place?

Sounds like we have a bunch of trashy people behaving trashily.

$10 bucks says this idiot violates probation and gets sent away.

Another case of the functionally retarded among us behaving like animals.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Why was this 18 year-old at a party at a 51 year-olds home?
Why was the 51 year-old having a party like this in the first place?

Sounds like we have a bunch of trashy people behaving trashily.

$10 bucks says this idiot violates probation and gets sent away.

Another case of the functionally retarded among us behaving like animals.

But why, tgrt? Is there something sinister behind our countrymen behaving like animals? I think there is, but the etiology Is my reason for all these bizarre focused threads. Why the seemly cultural meltdown into high tech barbarism?

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

If I had to guess why I would say it's because the morons among us are no longer shunned, reprimanded, allowed to fail, or otherwise dealt with. Instead they are rewarded, supported, and often emulated. Why does a middle class kid from the suburbs with a postman dad and schoolteacher mother don sagging pants, adopt some twisted and unintelligible "ghetto" dialect and sell coc aine to his peers while participating in petty crimes such as vandalism and theft?

Society rewards the fool.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Last week, there was the most disgusting act of murder by teenagers in the UK.

A gang that doused teenager with petrol and burned him alive because he fell in love with wrong girl

A teenager was tied to a tree and forced to drink petrol before being doused in the liquid and set alight by two love rivals.

Source

This is straight out of 'Severance' and the disturbing Brit film 'Eden Lake'.

Murder is bad enough, but when low-life scum start copying film murders then it begs the question how creative can HollyWood get with murders, where pieces of crap in real life start to do copycat murders, no matter how atrocious.

Edit: Added source link

[edit on 3-6-2009 by PrisonerOfSociety]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
He did better than I would have; I would have had a murder or attempted murder charge. But the question remains why was a 18 year old partying with a 51 year old or why was a 51 year old having a party where there would be such young people.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jatsc

There is a house like this in my town now. This woman, in her 40's I believe, is living with a group of jr. high and high school kids. They are constantly drinking and using drugs and running around their neighborhood at all hours of the night nearly everyday of the week.

Through interactions with some of the kids I believe they are developmentally disabled. Either caused by the lifestyle or the catalyst to the lifestyle.

Their situation is not unique. All over this country these people exist wallowing in their own filth, digging their respective holes deeper everyday and occasionally spillig out to make the lives of those in the community miserable.

You can't arrest them because they don't care. You can't educate them because they don't care. You can't make them care because they simply don't care.

Society and government is structured in such a way that these people are coddled and have their excuses made for them.

This 51 year old is either an awful parent of oneof the teens, an addict/drunk, or he was consciously setting up a situation where his 51 year old self could have sexual encounters with teenagers or some combination thereof.

You're neighborhood probably has a family like this. Maybe they're a little quieter than others but they're there. They're always there. Cockroaches.

new topics

top topics

join