It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stunned onlookers watch as mysterious orange UFOs swoop across Britain's skies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Check it out

www.dailymail.co.uk... l

www.thesun.co.uk...

Do they look like chinese lanterns?

I suppose chinese lanterns dont do this;

"After five minutes of moving around, the flickering yellow objects hung in the air for a second then shot off into the sky and disappeared.

[edit on 3/6/2009 by davidifty]

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Wow, very intruiging testimonials from the onlookers, and a good photo on the main page there. Definately needs more looking at.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by davidifty

Impossible to tell from that one jerky picture. Long exposures are a pain in the butt with this kid of thing. These objects could be anything. Unless some other images or footage comes to light, all we have to go on are the witness accounts.

IRM

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
It really just looks like light reflections, its even infront of the tree to the right of the picture, so it would make them very tiny and very close. Or just reflections.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Yes the picture is now highly questionable in my opinion due to the fact that the 3rd or 4th from the right appears to be actually in front of the tree branch.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

looks to me like it's just the "smudge" part that is over the tree branch. All the objects have this effect, so it's a camera/exposure thing. They're in the sky above the trees IMO.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
That's what i also assumed. It definately would have been nice to see these things first hand, it would make a believer out of you if their stories are accurate.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Trust "The Sun" to immediately assume its extra-terrestrials. Number 1 in rubbish across the UK (except page 3).

Although its intriguing, Sun journalists like to twist quotes and the story line altogether to make it more interesting to read.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Hoax, it's done with an image brush.

Btw, I have no wish to be the sceptic here. I thought it could be a heap of balloons up there. However it's all one image repeated, more pressure used on those to the right, less to the left.

Try blowing up the image x1000, and you can see the big mistake they made. One is definitely in front of the tree.

Now look at the facts. We have two witnesses made who could easily be friends who were in it together.

We are told this was witnessed by families, but no families were interviewed or even named. Quite likely the perps just told the paper local families had seen it.

I find it significant that the Daily Mail has already removed the story.

Like many of us I'll keep watching and hoping, but we must not lower our standards of proof to convince ourselves we have what we are wishing for.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
www.thesun.co.uk...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Two different credible English newspapers write about the same event. Both interview several witnesses and provide names and occupations. Also notice, the locations of the photos are very similar, but the formation of the lights are different in each.

www.huntspost.co.uk... 0Jun%202009%2018%3A28%3A18%3A683

Same incident, new photo reported in Huffington Post (second photo is mock-up).

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

join