It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I become a mexican

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by total newbie

Now that's funny, hey did you think the OP was racist?

[edit on 1-6-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Few Americans have ANY clue of what conditions are really like for those who seek refuge in America...

While visiting a cattle farm in the canyons above Veracruz, I asked if I could take a walk through the lush jungle behind the farm... A young man was told to accompany me. He proudly showed me his 22 caliber single shot rifle, and offered it to me to examine, which I did. The trigger mechanism was rusted together, the bore was filled with rust, I could barely break the barrel open to see if it was loaded, finding one 22 LR in the breech...He was so proud of his status, that I said nothing, happy to have a guide accompany me.

Following the narrow footpaths up the steep sides of the canyon, there was lush tropical rain forest all around us..

There was one thing missing... I did not see any creatures, animals.. insects, yep, huge ones, but no animals.. I did find, on ground that often sloped 45 degrees, that someone had hand-planted individual stalks of corn... making little 20" retaining walls to hold the water.... I shortly thereafter came across a peasant family, living in a three sided wooden shelter, with bunks along the inside, and a dirt floor.. The children's eyes were wide with hunger.

When I returned I asked my host why there were no animals in the jungle.

She said simply, and without hesitation:

"The peasants have eaten everything that moves"

[edit on 1-6-2009 by seataka]

[edit on 1-6-2009 by seataka]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

I understand completely and and sympathize truly.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by seataka

Thank you. A more perfect and poetic encapsulation of those living conditions I cannot imagine. I have been there too. I could live there; I wouldn't choose to.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I heard Rush Limbaugh read what it takes to become a Mexican citizen.........He proposed that we do our citizenship in this manner then after reading all the bs he said that is what Mexico does.

Wow! If only America would do that too!!!

don't know if it is still that hard, haven't looked.

Sorry, can't find the source, that was a few years ago on the radio.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:44 AM
link   
This is on topic just bare with me.

I don't get it.

Here are all these people saying America shouldn't police the world, but yet they feel bad for other peoples living conditions. So they want them to come here illegally to make a better life for their families.

I have enough problems of my own to deal with. Call me cold hearted or whatever, but those illegal immigrants and messing with everybody's way of life here. Their cheap labor messes up the job market for everybody else.

So not only do they not pay taxes unless it is taken out of their pay checks, but if you live in a place like LA they get 800 bucks a month for just being an illegal immigrant, they get section 8 housing, medical care, food stamps, etc.

My suggestion to the OP if you do follow through make sure you get to what they call a "sanctuary city" like LA they care more about the illegal's than they do American's. Think about it, house, food, medical, and money, all for not being here legally. Don't sound like to bad of a deal to me as long as you don't mind living in poverty, at least the poverty you will be living in will be a little bit better than if you were an American citizen living in poverty.

The people saying illegals don't get all these benefits are delusional.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
re "they don;t pay taxes"

The information I have is that most of them do in fact pay taxes, but because most will work on forged papers and wrong SSN's, their tax and SS money will never have to be paid back to them as benefits, and that money goes into the SS and tax "slush funds". A DC lawyer pal explained this to me - that they in fact were funding your Social security and mine.

Please read my prior posting here

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

You've never been near me in line at a grocery, as I watch the family that can't speak English to communicate with the cashier to answer questions with their multitude of anchor babies as they fill their carts, only to pay with EBT (in layman's terms, that would be FOOD STAMPS or WIC... ie Government Cheese).

The more sickening part is when I see them in the parking lot loading up their late-model Escalade with 22" chrome wheels as I place my couple of bags of groceries (paid for with fiat currency exchanged for my humble debt slave labor) in my 12 year old car.

For the person that wanted proof, don't concern yourself that the post is from Rense (another conspiracy site), follow the links and do your research:
rense.com...

For you bleeding heart liberals, keep in mind that I could support another human being on what I pay in taxes alone every pay period- my mother could retire on it! If you don't agree with my opinion, and you think that these people deserve the benefits they receive, how about you pay extra taxes to support them, and I pay none???

How about the part illegals played in the economic 'crisis' by getting credit cards, car loans and mortgages then dumping them all, only to do it all over again with a new Tax ID number? You think we don't pay higher fees and rates to cover the defaults to the companies that carelessly loaned money to people with Tax IDs?

What about higher rates for car insurance- I've seen a Latino plow his car into a telephone pole (which took power out for everyone within several blocks) and quickly stumble away drunk as we tried to offer assistance... seems he wasn't waiting for the cops to show up!

Here's a little eye opener- Google 'La Raza' and 'Aztlan'.

[edit on 2-6-2009 by antisocialbutterfly]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Why do anti-immigrants think the undocumented get all this benefits? where are you getting this information? anti-undocumented immigrants propaganda?

Health care? are you kidding me, undocumented immigrants don't get health care, most of them when they get sick they stay at home and try to "get over" their sickness because they can't afford hospitals.

i have many friends that are undocumented and they would love to have all the benefits you speak of, but they don't have them, so stop your misinformation propaganda, stop lying about the benefits they get, etc, etc. because those benefits don't exist...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by Next_Heap_With]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostNemesis
WHAT in the WORLD do you know?!
People can get bank accounts, drivers' licenses, houses, and can even SELL DRUGS, without it haunting them for the rest of their lives.

The rest of us... crimes, bad driving record, debt.. IT FOLLOWS US FOREVER. Some have even had one night stands that left them in debt to some easy drug addict for the rest of their lives.

So very true. Even one's school records follow them, not to mention arrests. I would be nice if I could just cross the border, get new documents, then go back as a new person.....

I feel offended by the way Americans are held accountable for every action we make or not. PLUS the Federal Government's DEBT. You know each American citizen owes like $36k for that?

Actually, it's a lot more than that. Something like $250,000 for each American. I too am offended.

The "plight of the poor and desperate".... WE, AMERICANS, are ALSO poor and desperate. We just want the same ability to start a new. No other country in the world (that I know of), awards trespassers.

WHY can't American citizens have the same chance to just, start a new, and lose our past mistakes? It is unfair. This $%^*in SSN binds us to problems our whole lives.

Yes, why not? Americans don't even get a new start on their credit, bankruptcy follows one for 7-10 years, and one bad credit score and no house or car for you, friend.

I too have thought that disenfranchised Americans should invade Mexico, and apply for all the help available there. Stand around in the stores talking English in a loud voice, and undress their women with our eyes. Start our own grocery stores, and have only American foods..

For the record, I have no problem with anyone, from anywhere, who comes here with legal papers in hand, learns the language, learns our customs, and becomes an American citizen. The problem I have is those who swim the river to get here, then take advantage of services, like using the hospital emergency room for their personal doctor. And the mules who smuggle people over for a price, and the people who come here only to deal drugs and commit crimes.
By the way, I have a niece who took up with a Mexican fellow, got pregnant by him, then he was arrested for molesting a child and sent to prison. I have another lady friend whose fiancée was killed by a stolen car driven by Mexican who could not speak English, nor had a driver's license, and was drunk. Am I angry? Yes, I am! Do I feel that America is being actively invaded? Yes, I do. Hoist the colors...Stand by to repel borders!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

Here ya go!

NY Times

Or how about Francisco Pantaleon?

www.ireport.com...
"Pantaleon, who has been in this country for 11 years, is uninsured and was working at a carwash according to reports."

www.chicagopublicradio.org...
"Pantaleón had no health insurance and didn’t qualify for federal aid because he lacked proper papers to be living in the United States. Without a place for his long-term care, the hospital was planning to fly Pantaleón back to Mexico. But the man’s family feared he wouldn’t survive the trip and held a protest outside the hospital last week."

I also love the very PC link at the end:
"Undocumented or Illegal? Vote on how Chicago Public Radio should refer to out-of-status immigrants."

Keep in mind that if you are an uninsured Citizen and have a SSN, you would be facing insurmountable medical bills that would- in a best case- lead you to bankruptcy... which will stay on record for the next 7-10 years; lather, rinse, repeat.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by antisocialbutterfly

I also love the very PC link at the end: "Undocumented or Illegal? Vote on how Chicago Public Radio should refer to out-of-status immigrants."
point of fact:Illegal

[edit on 2-6-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by genius/idoit
reply to post by antisocialbutterfly

U.S. Hispanic population to triple by 2050 - USATODAY.com
The US population will soar to 438 million by 2050 and the Hispanic population will triple, according to projections released Monday by the Pew Research ...
www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2008-02-11-population-study_N.htm - 49k - Point of fact:Illegal

so, the same thing happened with italians, the irish, etc...
i think diversity is part of the US culture and i see nothing wrong with that.
are you sure that your ANTI - isn't about color of skin or xenophobia?
nobody anti-immigration is full american, thats the irony me thinks..

you cannot be the pimp and the prostitute at the same time...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Next_Heap_With

I tried to cut and paste and screwed up and pasted an old copy sorry.I edited it immediately my apologies and I assure you my problem is with the gov. not the mexicans

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Some really strong and valid point here...hard to live/work in South Texas and keep those "un-biased" feelings under wraps.

I will only add on a personal note: of course we as Texas drivers are required to have and show proof of automobile insurance.Mandatory.

HOWEVER,I believe the statistics are close to 80% of Bexar county(the main county which includes San Antonio,also has a VERY high stolen-vehicle rate) of Hispanic drivers are un-insured or carry fradulent cards.

This makes for some VERY interesting situations when the daily routine-traffic fender-benders that we all know never cost less than 1K to fix anymore happen.

It's also not mandatory for a "Mexican National" (usually someone wealthy from Mexico City who comes here to shop...) to carry US auto insutance while visiting the US and someone close to me was recently hit HARD int he rear while at a traffic light locally and the other driver was allowed simply to "leave the scene" because...well...the officer's hands were tied and there was no recourse as they weren't required to be insured for the time they were in the US.

The man spoke little English although he did seem to be contrite but offered no help financially with the damage.
The officer spoke no Spanish...bet THAT was an interesting little accident scene.

$3,500 worth of damage my friend had to absorb plus his rates went up for being involved in an accident,ie,sitting at a red light.

We however,MUST purchase "mexican auto insurance" if we deem it necessary to bring our vehicle across the border...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by irishchic]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

so, the same thing happened with italians, the irish, etc...
i think diversity is part of the US culture and i see nothing wrong with that.
are you sure that your ANTI - isn't about color of skin or xenophobia?
nobody anti-immigration is full american, thats the irony me thinks..

you cannot be the pimp and the prostitute at the same time...

You are WAY off base.

I am NOT anti immigration. I am anti ILLEGAL immigration. Deny ignorance, educate yourself and know the difference!

Either we ALL play by the same rules, or simply scrap all law and opt for total anarchy.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by irishchic
Some really strong and valid point here...hard to live/work in South Texas and keep those "un-biased" feelings under wraps.

I understand, and suffer the same bias because I see it everyday. I work in a neighborhood that I grew up in, and it's suffered tremendously over the years. It is hard to watch people poop where you eat and NOT become upset about it.

I'm sick of running errands and seeing all of the new gang graffiti that has been painted over by the city, spray painted up again, crossed out and marked through for stupid turf wars- I don't care about 18th Street, and I don't want to have to look at that garbage. It really stinks that, under threat, duress and coercion, we are forced to pay taxes and that our money is being used to clean up that type of vandalism and filth!

Google "Atlanta Mexican drug cartel"...

CNN - 3/19/09
"Mexican drug cartels thrive in suburban Atlanta"

USA Today - 3/8/09
"Mexican cartels plague Atlanta"

BBC News - 5/2/09
"Atlanta Vice: A new US drugs hub?"

Atlanta Journal Constitution - 5/26/09
"Quiet Atlanta suburbs draw drug cartels"

“One of the most alarming trends of the last 12 to 18 months is the amount of violence involved with these primarily Hispanic gangs that are moving some pretty major amounts of drugs,” Garrison said.

Chuvalo Truesdell, a spokesman for the DEA, said Atlanta is primarily a “coc aine town,” but Mexican cartels also deal in marijuana, methamphetamine and black tar heroin here.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by genius/idoit

That's very clever ...

Belittle the plight of the poor and desperate citizens of an entire country who risk their lives trying to make a better life for themselves and to feed their families to make a tenuous political point.

Congratulations.

What???WHAT THE HECK EVER HAPPENED TO SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST???? Pander to them all you want, but this is the downfall of society. Only the best can survive in survival of the fittest and because that's not the way of life anymore, the world's full of weak willed pansy a%%$##. UGGGGGGGGH!

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I know this is about California but I think it's pretty indicative of the state of affairs throughout the country.www.alipac.us...

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
re Drugs and Latino Gangs

The following is a story told me by an Ex-Texas Ranger

"We had been surveilling an 18 wheeler, as it drove north to the us border. We were prepared to take it down as it crossed the border into the US at (deleted crossing), knowing it contained tons of coc aine and marjiuana. But we got orders from high up to let it pass. That is why I am an EX-texas ranger"

Who do you think these gangs are getting their drugs from? (google CIA drug smuggling)

Threats to your safety are crafted, created, encouraged, with intent, so that citizens will demand more law enforcement...

That keeps the prison industrial complex running and expanding and keeps enough tough guys available in black armored uniforms with enough expensive night vision equipment to put a sharp kid through medical school,

I mean, everyone, even old jocks, need a job, right?

All to make people think there is "law enforcement" while creating a performance that encourages SILENCE, silence of those who might make too much political noise, and the few that arn't scared into silence can just be called "kooks".

Having a conscience is considered "kooky" these days, telling the truth is very "kooky"

The apparency of American Democracy is all a theatrical.

You are supposed to hate other groups of people, we are being encouraged to separate ourselves from others, we are supposed to all be at each others throats.

El Duce, Italy's Mussolini defined Fascism as the marriage of the corporations to the state. Think about this for a bit, please?

Democracy is easily subverted into a complete sham by merely controlling the information that people see on the boob-tube while keeping your dirty deeds secret.. especially your theatricals, that are supposed to lead the population to make false conclusions by implication .

What is feared the most is that we might all take to the streets and force the tyrants out of office like the Romanians forced that tyrant Cecesecu (sorry about spelling) out of office ( Who was a Fascistic US puppet )

This is our police state... The US trains the police state enforcers over much of the world, in covert hypnosis techniques, (told to me by a graduate of The School of the Americas < google that), torture, covert intimidation, AKA gaslighting and how to use a rubber hose on troublemakers. This is the New Order American Way.

YES SIR, You will OBEY, and keep your prison cell, err, I mean your home, tidy..and smile while you pay us for the privlege,, or we might label you as a terrorist.

The "gangs" are being used just like other groups are being 'used'...

"In an era of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" Orwell 1984

Apologies for writing this in rant mode...

[edit on 2-6-2009 by seataka]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join