It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I become a mexican

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
It would seem that with the current political climate it would behoove me to change from an American citizen to a Mexican citizen and then come back the border,I would then have;health care,free education, food stamps ,subsidized housing,I would get a fresh start all my past deeds whatever they may be will be forgotten,I will be a part of a voting block that carries more weight than any other and eventually I will be a citizen of the future of this country.I guess I better learn to hablar espanol.....either way.
hey I'm half serious about this. do you think it's possable and/or a good idea?
[edit on 1-6-2009 by genius/idoit]

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by genius/idoit

That's very clever ...

Belittle the plight of the poor and desperate citizens of an entire country who risk their lives trying to make a better life for themselves and to feed their families to make a tenuous political point.

Congratulations.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I've considered changing my name to something hispanic. Perhaps Jose Hernandez or something. I've been thinking along the same lines. Just change name, throw away id, stand outside home depot waiting on a job, profit!

That way, the wife and I could get a boatload of assistance that's only offered to Hispanics in this area.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:35 PM
link   

how exactly did I
[code

]Belittle the plight of the poor and desperate citizens of an entire country who risk their lives trying to make a better life for themselves and to feed their families to make a tenuous political point
even a little?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:38 PM
link   
First you have to like tequila...

If you don't, then I wouldn't even try!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

All his points are accurate. Additionally he would qualify for in-state college tuition rates in many states from his illegal status. And soon he will probably be able to collect social security if the Dems have their way.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Figured it out.

Dos lines, (don't know spanish for lines)

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Sounds like a good idea to me. Why work and why do anything legit when we will just reward lawbreakers?

If were going to give illegal immigrants free healthcare, reduced education costs (hell some state university systems let them go for free!), reduced home loans, the ability to use the race card to get out of anything, and being pandered to by half the politicians then why should I not get the same exact benefits and I am a native born citizen? We treat people who arent even supposed to be here better then we do the citizens that were born here or became naturalized!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

That's very clever ...

Belittle the plight of the poor and desperate citizens of an entire country who risk their lives trying to make a better life for themselves and to feed their families to make a tenuous political point.

Congratulations.

why don't they just create jobs /wealth in mexico than?

are the rules of physics different there or what??

it's their country shouldn't they do something about it to fix it? what gives them the right to come to someone elses country?

so lets say im at my house, and i burn it down because im a idiot

are you gonna let me just move on over to your house now?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
WHAT in the WORLD do you know?!
People can get bank accounts, drivers' licenses, houses, and can even SELL DRUGS, without it haunting them for the rest of their lives.

The rest of us... crimes, bad driving record, debt.. IT FOLLOWS US FOREVER. Some have even had one night stands that left them in debt to some easy drug addict for the rest of their lives.

I feel offended by the way Americans are held accountable for every action we make or not. PLUS the Federal Government's DEBT. You know each American citizen owes like $36k for that?

The "plight of the poor and desperate".... WE, AMERICANS, are ALSO poor and desperate. We just want the same ability to start a new. No other country in the world (that I know of), awards trespassers.

WHY can't American citizens have the same chance to just, start a new, and lose our past mistakes? It is unfair. This $%^*in SSN binds us to problems our whole lives.

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

That's very clever ...

Congratulations.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by LostNemesis]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   

How To Become A Mexican Citizen

Puerto Vallarta - When you have been living in Mexico for 5 years, you may qualify for Mexican Citizenship. There are benefits in being a Mexican Citizen, but there are also a few drawbacks or limitations. Mexican Citizens cannot legally drive (or own) a vehicle that has foreign license plates. If you have a vehicle that you are strongly attached to, citizenship is not for you....

...Becoming a Mexican citizen is comparatively easy. You fill out a form, submit it with a copy of your existing passport and FM-3 or FM-2, along with some photos, pay a fee, and wait. In a few months, you will have to pay a second fee, and sign some additional documents. Again you have to wait a few months. Finally you'll get the call to pick up your Certificate of Naturalization, at which point you'll have to surrender your FM-3 or FM-2. At that time, you can also apply for, and receive, your Mexican passport.

There you have it. How to become a Mexican Citizen. If you really want to that is.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ChrisF231

Thanks, sounds like I left a few things out, I wasn't sure about the home loan and of course the future I was referring to is that by 2053 Mexicans will be the majority in this republic.actually it might not take that long if they continue to out produce us 7-1 (babies I mean)

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hazelnut

There you have it. How to become a Mexican Citizen. If you really want to that is.
I don't want to but I sure don't want anything to do with what this government is doing!By the way I love America and would never want to leave I just don't see what being a legal law abiding citizen is getting me except further in dept.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I hear ya loud and clear. I was just trying to stay on topic. It was an interesting read nonetheless. If anything I think Switzerland would work best if I ever thought about leaving the US - which I don't want to do either.

How to become a Swiss Citizen Not so easy then.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Hazelnut]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am part Hispanic and I have yet to benefit from these services you mentioned. Although, I do understand why some people are upset, as am I...Yet, one must also consider that these immigrants flock here because they have someone willing to give them jobs, typically an American citizen. The majority crossing the borders to work the fields are the ones with the least amount of education if any, hence the reason they are given slave wages. I don't excuse their careless behavior, but if you don't get to the source, you won't even begin to understand the problem.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Good News,

You don't have to become a Mexican. Just quit your job and enjoy the government freebies that many other Americans enjoy.

Now, roughly half of all Americans are dependent on the government, either for handouts, pensions, or paychecks.

Most voters no longer seem concerned about leashing government. Instead, many if not most are primarily concerned with directing the sludge of government benefits in their direction. Voters want to unleash politicians to give them more benefits. When government is viewed as a fount of benefits, limits on government power will appear to be self-deprivation. The more people expect from government, the more biased they become against limiting government power.

www.fff.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by laiguana

Just curious and I don't mean to offend,are you a legal or illegal?I ask because if your a legal you wouldn't benefit like the illegal's do but that brings up a good point,why do legal immigrants stick up for illegal immigrants?they should be as upset as the rest of us.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
And....

"health care,free education, food stamps ,subsidized housing,I would get a fresh start all my past deeds whatever they may be will be forgotten,I will be a part of a voting block that carries more weight than any other and eventually I will be a citizen of the future of this country.I guess I better learn to hablar espanol.....either way. "

that is not accurate at ALL

maybe try to do some research next time

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join