It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Addictive? New member here; Hello :)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Is ATS Addictive for You? Officially joined one month ago & already my family is accusing me of being obsessive about this hecka cool website

Hello, Ola, Marhaba, Shalom, G'day, etc.,

I really appreciate you taking the time to read this, and will be looking forward to hearing from you either through this or other threads and posts.

Thanks to member tothetenthpower's thread for newbies: www.abovetopsecret.com... , I realized that I had skipped the introductions step last month.

However, I did manage to post a profile, etc. so please check that out if you are interested and get a chance.

I am glad that I finally have found a place (and time on my part) to analyze, discuss, and support others in *detail* on important issues...so bye-bye MSM for a while...unless I'm digging to find bits n pieces here & there!

Peace, Happiness & Safety to all,
Sonjah1

ETA: link to thread

[edit on 1-6-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Addictive? No.
I can do just fine without ATS.
I can go plenty of... minutes.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1
Is ATS Addictive for You? Officially joined one month ago & already my family is accusing me of being obsessive about this hecka cool website

Hello, Ola, Marhaba, Shalom, G'day, etc.,

I really appreciate you taking the time to read this, and will be looking forward to hearing from you either through this or other threads and posts.

Thanks to member tothetenthpower's thread for newbies, I realized that I had skipped the introductions step last month.

However, I did manage to post a profile, etc. so please check that out if you are interested and get a chance.

I am glad that I finally have found a place (and time on my part) to analyze, discuss, and support others in *detail* on important issues...so bye-bye MSM for a while...unless I'm digging to find bits n pieces here & there!

Peace, Happiness & Safety to all,
Sonjah1

yeah...sorta...you'll probably find the the posts that interest you, and forget the rest...one word of caution, it's an old axiom...believe nothing what you hear, and only half of what you see...and you'll be in good standing. use critical thinking skills at all times...and by the way...welcome, and there are small knuggets of knowledge here, and those are what keeps everyone coming back.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

What makes ATS addictive is the constant infusion of new members such as yourself bringing fresh ideas and perspectives to the discussions.

Thanks and welcome aboard.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
reply to post by sonjah1

What makes ATS addictive is the constant infusion of new members such as yourself bringing fresh ideas and perspectives to the discussions.

Thanks and welcome aboard.

ok i cracked up at your avatar...but how did you get a picture of my aunt?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Definitely the funniest Avatar on ATS right now!

Yeah, I find ATS addictive, Gosh, just the other day I went through withdrawals! That's why I have only been here a week and a bit and have 18000 points
I'm catching up schrodingers dog

Hope to see you around!

Piranha

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Piranha]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Thanks for all your words of welcome & wisdom, guys and girls.

But most of all, I am still howlin' from ya'lls' wit!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Well, welcome too! I notice that you are quite the thread-master..keep up the good work

ETA: See, you can tell I'm a newbie; this was supposed to be a reply to Piranha....see under the the signature ATS has me dubbed already

-

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Welcome!
ATS can be at times addicting, other times entertaining and even sometimes upsetting but it is awesome none the less!

I look forward to seeing ya around.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by N3krostatic

Many thanks!

In just a month, I can describe my experiences as the same as yours--and I'm looking for many more.

Hope to see you around again

-

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Family?
What family...

Yes, it can be...

Welcome to ATS - enjoy your stay...
And may it be a long and happy one...

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
defo. I'm going to start a counselling thread for those with addiction problems

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

I appreciate it, silo13.

And might as well ask while I'm thinking about it...Is Sicilian greeting the same as Italian?

My best regards.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Great idea

That way we won't totally lose the members...just keep them under your thread and have the mods monitor them 24/7 if they try to stray away to the enabling ATS community...and the mods can take care of relapses, etc. I bet they'd love been babysitters, hehe

Someone reported to me, via a thread of couple of days ago...that a member had been taken off to de-tox due to his ATS fixation

-

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Edit: Double (doople) post due to my family complaining again

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ats is addictive

But when the men in black come for you, you will be cut off access to the internet while in a secret jail facility

so you will of course be broken from the addiction and have nothing to worry about

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

That way we won't totally lose the members...just keep them under your thread and have the mods monitor them 24/7 if they try to stray away to the enabling ATS community...and the mods can take care of relapses, etc.

Hem, the mods are the biggest ATS addicts of ALL!!!

*btw sonjah, check your U2U*

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

I'll go through withdrawals, I'm sure

and

drive them nuts until they let me out

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Hi Sonjah, and welcome to ATS

My mood's bananas, but I'm not squishy.

Ciao!