It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is ATS Addictive? New member here; Hello :)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Thanks, Ben!

My mood's bananas too
and I forgot to mention I do love banana ice cream; pretty strange, eh?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

ats- addictive typing school

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
What, we have anouther addiction? First drugs, booze (both reasonable). Then we got into food addiction, sex addiction, ya da ya da. I find it a basic biological mistake to lable any excess as an addiction. Thats just to easy. Your 500lbs and you cant stop eating. We all need to eat or we die. Being so heavy you can't crawl out of bed is an abnormality, but does not qualify to me as an addiction. A problem yes, but thats nnot an addiction.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nice One! 1/2 the time I'm reading so it could be Addictive Typing/thReading School

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by arbiture

First, I'd have to ask you how much you frequent ATS

Then, if you said you could not give it up for a couple of days or so & you weren't being productive in other areas of your life & having trouble w/relationships = dx of addiction

Finally, if you continued to deny that the addiction existed, then I would rx you to the poster's proposed treatment plan...and overcoming the denial of addiction

Just joking...I'm a counselor of sorts but not certified in addictions.

-

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
My own personal experience requires I say yes it is addictive.
Fellow Oregonian here. Welcome to the best place on the internet to find yourself.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by seagrass

We'll be heading to OR as soon as the summer vacation begins here in Cali. Looking forward to water and a little bit cooler weather...over 110F day after day = big bills from PG&E!

Take care

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Hawaii too? in Winter? how spoiled are you?

Then welcome home soon. It is nice here isn't it?
We have good air.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   

I confess--a bit spoiled--but work in academia does has its perks (summer vacations...living your childhood memories
) and I about went over the edge with the dissertation, so at least I can say I'm not a slacker

My better half is based in the Ashland area--thus our 2nd home. So being in the S. Oregon valley--not so sure about the air quality. Love the subpop's attitude towards green, novacs, etc. A lot of them are convinced of the chemtrails tho. It's like a mini-SF.

Just a % of time in Maui with condo.

I'm crossing my fingers on all of the above as you know, in periods of instability, we're just particles of "dust in the wind"

Whereabouts are you? Maybe we could meet up sometime
u2u if you don't wanna post--

-sj
-

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

I confess--a bit spoiled--but work in academia does has its perks (summer vacations...living your childhood memories
) and I about went over the edge with the dissertation, so at least I can say I'm not a slacker

My better half is based in the Ashland area--thus our 2nd home. So being in the S. Oregon valley--not so sure about the air quality. Love the subpop's attitude towards green, novacs, etc. A lot of them are convinced of the chemtrails tho. It's like a mini-SF.

Just a % of time in Maui with condo.

I'm crossing my fingers on all of the above as you know, in periods of instability, we're just particles of "dust in the wind"

Whereabouts are you? Maybe we could meet up sometime
u2u if you don't wanna post--

-sj
-

Is your better half teaching in the college at Ashland? My niece goes there.
I like Ashland, but a little "barren" for my tastes. Yes green, we have quite a few cities listed in the greenest.
I love our air. But then I lived in Austin and I couldn't stand the humidity.
Mini SF.. now I don't know if I would go that far.. lol. I'm up near Salem, a little East toward Stayton.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I have a thread for us Oregonians.. you could take a look.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Is ATS Addictive for You? Officially joined one month ago & already my family is accusing me of being obsessive about this hecka cool website

say your goodbyes to your family

goodbye to your friends

goodbye to your job maybe even...

the answer is yes

but - eventually you'll get the hang of it and be able to create some kind of balance between your time here and your "other" life

eventually

:-)

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Your niece must go to SOU. My husband's corporate work is based in So. OR but he travels a lot. Yes, Ashland was a culture shock to us, too, and vary barren but makes for a nice vacation spot. I refer to it as a mini-SF because of all the transplants who sold their homes in the bay area and built large homes, businesses, etc. there.

Haven't visited Salem yet but am due to go to a futbal tourney up there in July--have been wanting to check there and Eugene out.

Thanks for letting me know about the Oregon thread. I'll definitely visit it!

I enjoy discussing with you and hope to hear from you in the future.

Best,
SJ
-

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Spiramirabilis

I totally agree. Everything in moderation = the "golden mean" % good living.

Thanks for responding

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonjah1

Your niece must go to SOU. My husband's corporate work is based in So. OR but he travels a lot. Yes, Ashland was a culture shock to us, too, and vary barren but makes for a nice vacation spot. I refer to it as a mini-SF because of all the transplants who sold their homes in the bay area and built large homes, businesses, etc. there.

Haven't visited Salem yet but am due to go to a futbal tourney up there in July--have been wanting to check there and Eugene out.

Thanks for letting me know about the Oregon thread. I'll definitely visit it!

I enjoy discussing with you and hope to hear from you in the future.

Best,
SJ
-
Second weekend in July.. maybe third I am not sure... but Salem has an Art Fair around that time in Bush Park. I recommend it.

Eugene is.... not my favorite city.. lmao.
I haven't been to Ashland in a long time. Drove through on my way to Tahoe...but I didn't get a good look around. Medford sure had grown up though. I think many Californians went there and in Bend. I grew up in San Diego during the 60s.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I am all about the Golden Mean

though it's hard to apply it to your actual life...

let me know how it goes

:-)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join