It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air France Plane down

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by C0bzz

the first commercial flight with a CAT 3 autoland system was june 10th 1964 - by a DH Trident 1 *G-ARPR*

whats unbelievebale is that the replacement - boeing 757 did not have the ability to autoland unil much later

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequinwhats unbelievebale is that the replacement - boeing 757 did not have the ability to autoland unil much later

Maybe because that the57 came around much later?

Talking about old CAT3 autoland capable airliners you forgot the L1011, early versions didn't even have an FMC.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
A very strange correlation:

Earthquake?

Map Overlay

I don't exactly know what I am saying here... it is just an interesting relationship.

Just, for information's sake, the N Korea nuke test a few weeks ago registered as a 4.7. Similarly, a day later in Iran, there was a 4.7.

Again, I don't know what I am saying... but this event occurred in the same area at on the same day as the plane crash(?)

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Iago18]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorkthegreat
New Black box data retention laws needed

"Two Lufthansa jets, which were in the same area as the Air France plane half an hour before it vanished, could provide clues as to what happened, the UN weather agency says."

If we do not retain the data for a period of time for all flights then we should so we can confirm the conditions these 2 flights went through in the same area. Perhaps this could be electronically downloaded on each arrival.

bump

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The 'bright flash of white light' may be the key fact behind the explanation.

Source:
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Aj5mY8reXmeg31LOzHifRsF34T0D;_ylu=X3o'___'JkbzEwbzI0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwNjA0L2 JyYXppbF9wbGFuZQRjcG9zAzIEcG9zAzgEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDYnJhemlscmVjb3Zl

The pilot of a Spanish airliner flying nearby at the time reported seeing a bright flash of white light plunging to the ocean, said Angel del Rio, spokesman for the Spanish airline Air Comet. "Suddenly, off in the distance, we observed a strong and bright flash of white light that took a downward and vertical trajectory and vanished in six seconds," the pilot wrote in his report, del Rio told the AP.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectStranger
The 'bright flash of white light' may be the key fact behind the explanation.

Source:
news.yahoo.com...;_ylt=Aj5mY8reXmeg31LOzHifRsF34T0D;_ylu=X3o'___'JkbzEwbzI0BGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMDkwNjA0L2 JyYXppbF9wbGFuZQRjcG9zAzIEcG9zAzgEc2VjA3luX3RvcF9zdG9yeQRzbGsDYnJhemlscmVjb3Zl

The pilot of a Spanish airliner flying nearby at the time reported seeing a bright flash of white light plunging to the ocean, said Angel del Rio, spokesman for the Spanish airline Air Comet. "Suddenly, off in the distance, we observed a strong and bright flash of white light that took a downward and vertical trajectory and vanished in six seconds," the pilot wrote in his report, del Rio told the AP.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Sounds like positive lightning, in description at least. Lufthansa pilots supposedly said weather was fine when they flew though, and they say positive lightning can precede storms.

Of course, this could mean nothing. But it is another angle to look at.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Skadi, please contemplate on that last question.....no, based on previous experience, they were 'picking' their way through a line of thunder-bumpers....at least, that's how I'd picture the scenario.

We have all done it multiple times....something else happened....

CAn't guess anymore, not until we get more actual answers.....

I have contemplated. And I say again. If flying through or near thunderheads is a very dangerous thing to do, and these puppies in the tropics are alot worse than the ones in temperate zones, then said pilots were either fatally stupid or had serious death wishes.

"Picking through" something dangerous and unpredictable like a cluster of thunderheads sounds like playing chicken in a minefield.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:30 PM
link   
What exactly is a "positive lightning" and how is it different to a "normal" one?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by relu84

here is the wiki link:

Positive Lightning

It differs from normal lightning by many magnitudes. It's lightning on serious steroids.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this but todays news said that four days ago Air France received a bomb threat which said it was going to blow up a plane flying from Brazil to France.
Could the bombers simply have gotten the dates wrong or could the bomb intended for a flight four days ago somehow become misplaced by baggage handlers, and when found four days later, was placed on the
stricken Air France jet?
It would be interesting to know whether any holiday makers who flew into Paris four days ago had missing luggage or whether the airline manifests can account for all the luggage on board?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin

they don`t make 74`s anymore - the last passenger 747-400 was made in 2005 and the very final 747-400ERF was made for loadair on april 2009 - sadly loadair might not even take delivery of it as the company is in trouble.

I am afraid you are wrong, they still put the 747s together there, as well as other planes:

Payne Field 747 plant

Mainly, because it's the only building in the world large enough to handle the suckers. They haven't built anything like it elsewhere to my knowledge.

Anyway, in the debate about Boeing vs. Airbus, from a passenger standpoint, I'll take Boeing over Airbus any day in terms of comfort, seating arrangements, ect. I find Airbus jets to be uncomfortable, cramped, and not much fun to fly in. That's just my own experience, my own person view.

However, from a design/performance standpoint and safety record, Boeing and Airbus are very similar, and I've heard great things from pilots about both jets. There are Airbus models that are considered superior to their Boeing counterparts, and vice versa, so in the area of performance, reliability, safety, ect, they are both pretty even.

So personally, I do not believe that the fact that the plane was an Airbus contributed to the crash, since Airbuses are as well made as Boeings. Remember, the plane that landed on the Hudson was an Airbus, and went down due to circumstances beyond pilot control, but the pilot was still able to handle it, and the plane held up well (even sunk in one piece, I believe, that is very good craftsmanship).

Right now, there seem to be conflicting reports and confusion, but very little in solid evidence. We have conflicting reports of the weather from different pilots, have claims of a possible positive lightning strike, yet other evidence of bad weather/massive thunderstorms in the area, reports of bomb threats, and not alot of data coming from good sources.

Right now, I think anything is possible. The main thing is waiting for the black box, and maybe some usable pieces of wreckage to figure out what happened. I do hope this investigation is done with alot more transparancy than was done in other mysterious crashes, otherwise, we will be left with fuel for many conspiracies.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Mintwithahole.

you have a link for that?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
RRadio Ulster (Northern Ireland) just reported that it may have been a bomb. One passenger did not have his passport at the last minute so did not board the plane.

Maybe this person was travelling and his bags were in his partners name and thus led to no need to take any bags off as per usual?

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Could this possible be the first case of a plane being struck by a meteor?
i found a article on a woman in Gran Canaria who claims to have
photographed the plane in flames?
www.formulatv.com...
Im not capable to read spanish myself, I found the link to it on a danish newspaper site.
im hoping somone here can make sense of it.
the time of the taking of the photo and the crash should about the same,
but the location is way off the crash site?
so i wonder could there have been a meteor shower at that time?
the weather on the route should have been very bad with a front across equator, shown by sat images from the day.
But question is? what is that picture if not a plane or a meteor?
if you are told that it is a plane it looks like a plane.
but it could aswell be a meteor. or something third?

[edit on 4-6-2009 by Emiiiiiil]

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Emiiiiiil

Here's a link to a Google translation of the article.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

You can just google it. But try this link. . .

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rikgrimsby

You can just google it. But try this link. . .

www.democraticunderground.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Emiiiiiil

I think its highly unlikely that a meteor from space happened to hit flight 447 after travelling millions of miles for millenia and home in on the trajectory of a minute dot ( 447 ) and after not burning up in the atmosphere hit its target.

Its possible but I,m not sure my good man. Human intervention is more plausable to me. When I say human it could be one of many things.

Manufacturing problem
Pressure loss
Terrorist attack
Really peaved off member of staff
Someone mentally messed up

its endless and until the Navy gets get the peices together it is all but speculation my friend. Even then we open more questions like, ' are they telling us the truth'. Thats how we think on ATS.

I just hope we get the truth for the sake of the families who are suffering the loss of their loved ones.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   

thank you for that

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

Well, about this:

"Picking through" something dangerous and unpredictable like a cluster of thunderheads sounds like playing chicken in a minefield.

Again...they aren't "unpredictable"....

Actually there was just a man on the Weather Channel who explained quite well that storms in more moderate latitudes are often much stronger than in the ITCZ (intertropical convergence zone). The tropause is higher, nearer the equator, is higher than more norther latitudes (or southern, as well). T-storms rarely climb higher than the trop...so, they build to higher altitudes nearer the equator, but they generally aren't as fast and strong in their updrafts and downdrafts.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join