It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Galaxy Quest is the Best

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:13 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

-The ship is real - they mentioned it in the movie..
-Their motto rocks: "As long as there is injustice, whenever a Targathian baby cries out, wherever a distress signal sounds among the stars, we'll be there. This fine ship, this fine crew. Never give up... and never surrender"
-They got Omega 13 a bomb with the potential power to destroy the whole Universe - the means to end all suffering in the Universe once and for all, thus, justice is served!

I am a Star Trek Fan but somehow, I find the Galaxy Quest movie more entertaining than any Star Trek film I've watched to date! My favorite ST film is 'First Contact'

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Galaxy quest was silly, friviolous and completely juvenile.
I liked it.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Always one of my favorites...

"..hehehe...I got an idea...." (as he transports the rock monster to deal with the aliens)...

must consult the "historical documents" of the crew's past missions....

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

One of my favorite lines:
Guy Fleegman: "I know! You'll need to make a weapon. Look around; can you construct some sort of rudimentary lathe?"

I love this movie. I think we watch it 5 or 6 times a year.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

And I thought I was the only one crazy, I used to watch it before I sleep!!

Seriously, I think the Thermians didn't made one single mistake in the film. They had such unwavering faith that may have made the difference!!

In psychology, if you want your child to become a genius, believe, say, and make it feel they are one. The Actors were able to do the impossible because the Thermians never doubted them as their saviours even in the face of humiliating failures and great difficulties.

In fact, it may have gone worse for them if they solicited help of more qualified organizations such as NATO or UN. They are such naive race, such group could have easily taken advantage of them. Never give up and never surrender!

[edit on 5-6-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
One of the newer classics for sure. Filled with classic and sometime great cheesy one liners. One of the best comedies to come out of the 90s. Truely memerable characters can't beat Guy.

Best line.
"Quick lets get out of here before one of those things kills Guy."

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow Veritas...Hawk, from Buck Rogers? Man, how many are going to get that reference, hehe.....

I've been lovin' the reruns on the nostalgia channel.

top topics

join