It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Central Asian Nations Prepare For War

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Central Asian Nations Prepare For War

www.russiatoday.com

Russia and its allies in the Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) are to merge their joint troops in Central Asia into one huge military force capable of waging a large-scale war. The CSTO is a regional security alliance – made up of Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Russia, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan – which was formed in 1992. Russia has recently been pushing to give the organization a greate
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Well folks, I think we are not far off from something big going down. I am not trying to fear monger, but look at the evidence. You have Japan and Russia threatening North Korea, China unhappy about North Korea and Israel holding huge "Emergency" drills. All I know is countries are choosing sides, and the game is about to begin.

www.russiatoday.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Israel has been doing drills for years, it's all part of their population mind/control fear thing.

Japan and China have always just flailed their arms at NK whenever they do something that's not "approved" by the rest of them.

This will be more of the same. Military Muscle Flexing has been going on ever since George decided to take his country to war. Nothing will happen until something actually happens.

That's a redundant statement, but it's very true. NK fires more missles, they fly over Japan, then Japan has the right to see that as a provacative act and take appropriate measures.

The game began a long time ago, just after WW2 and is still far from being at the end.

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Good point. It just seems like lately it has been getting larger/longer such as their drills etc. Well, we all know one thing is for sure, we are living in historic times.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by USamf

That's only because the world is a smaller place and we hear about each individual nation's progress in a certain area. Before the internet, there wasn't such a huge intergrating of information and deconstruction of ideas.

Now as I said, we know about everything going on everywhere. Well some truths wrapped in huge lies I should say.

You're right in saying that it is a very unstable situation and yes, any sort of "war" act against of these countries will result in a conflict. How quickly that conflict is resolved and the reprocussions for the party involved, depends entirely on the specific people going to war and their supporters.

~Keeper

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I just hope cooler heads prevail. Everyone knows that another world war will likely be the worlds last. Now something more important, but off topic, is that Iraqi teen who came up with that math formula. Maybe we can get him to come help calculate our debt

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Nah. This has been going on for decades. I used to say the same thing and my parents always told me "son we sused to say the same stuff. Its always been going on. Sometimes things "seem" a little dicier than others but thats just how its always been. Things ebb and flo. Sometimes its quiet, sometimes it isnt."

Originally posted by USamf

Good point. It just seems like lately it has been getting larger/longer such as their drills etc. Well, we all know one thing is for sure, we are living in historic times.

[edit on 31-5-2009 by princeofpeace]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Nothing will happen until something actually happens.

Good point, can't go against that logic!

Good find OP, star and flag.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
You would wonder how such a conflict would play out with regard to it's objectives , ie the caspian sea , central asian oil and gas reservoirs. At the moment , US and NATO are only controlling transit routes , the areas some of the pipelines go or are planned to go through . The pipeline south from turkmenistan via afghan to paki , india route. They are not at the moment sitting on the gas and oil fields . To ensure the flow , they would not only need to protect these pipelines but also move into these oil/gas states , they would need troops all over asia . It seems logistically impossible , and how to protect the km upon km of pipelines from sabotage . It seems like this new great game can only be won by the west tactically , politically and diplomatically . If it comes down to a shooting match , the cards are too far in CSTO/SCO 's favor . These oil and gas reserves will never reach EU or US in a war without great cost and massive military presence , that the west doesn't have .

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Drexl

Thats why if it does go down, the West will threaten nukes, and probably use them. I agree, I don't think we could amass manpower to fight off China's massive army.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   
If nukes are used , it might end up with the situation where you defeat the object of going to war in the first place . If you have SCO armies on the gas and oil fields and you go and nuke them, they wont find many in the oil corporations that might want to take a job in the next chernobyl-like environment . Or if you use nukes and don't bomb the oil fields , say moscow instead , then SCO will do the nuking for you.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I just wanted to point out how eerily this all fits in with John Titor saying that China would invade and Annex North Korea and how they would work with Russia in the Pacific push through the islands and into Australia.

If china invades NK you know many of us Titorites are gonna start screaming we told you so.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Might they not be doing this in responce to the large Nato exercise that has taken place in Goergia. Prudent that Russia would implement this. While Gorgia themselves are trying to become a member of NATO themselves.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:55 AM
link   
CHINA is NOT our ENEMY!!!!

Military personel here I know what I'm talkin about trust me if it came down to it China is on our side....

My friend who is also in the navy knows that N.Korea is no threat they're just attention hogs

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Dallas87

It could be feasible that they are on our side. But the only reasons I could see that would be because we are around 50% of their economy.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I want to answer here a question asked to me in another topic www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Oooh, so you want to claim that Russia does not lead the "collectiveSecurity Treaty Organization"?...

It's right there in the article I gave.

I believe that Russia does not lead the CSTO.

I am based on the CHARTER OF THE COLLECTIVE SECURITY TREATY ORGANIZATION, dated October 07, 2002 - en.odkb-csto.org...

"Article 5

The Organization shall operate on the basis of strict respect of independence, voluntariness of participation, equal rights and duties of the Member States, non-interference into the affairs falling within the national jurisdiction of the Member States.

Article 12

Resolutions of the Council, CMFA, CMD and CSSC on the issues, except for the procedural ones, shall be adopted by consensus.

When voting, any Member State shall have one vote. The voting procedure including on the procedural issues shall be regulated by the Rules of the Procedure of the Organization Bodies approved by the Council.

Resolutions of the Council and the resolutions of CMFA, CMD and CSSC adopted for execution thereof shall be binding for the Member States and shall be executed in accordance with the procedure established by the national laws.

The Council shall be entitled to adopt resolutions in a limited format provided that neither of the Member States objects to such a procedure of a resolution adoption. The resolution in a limited format may be adopted unless any of the Member States object to such a resolution.

The Member State which has not voted for the resolution adoption in a limited format shall not be liable for the consequences of the resolution adopted."

BTW, if you want to claim the RUSSIAN-led CSTO soldiers are not armed... Well, you are in for a rude wake up call.

Please, do not attribute to me what I did not write about. It's impolite of you.

The Russian Defense Ministry explained what the Russian peacekeepers from the CSTO would be doing in Kazakhstan: "Units of the peacekeeping contingent perform tasks to protect vital facilities, airfields, and key social infrastructure facilities." www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1 8 2022 by turretless because: I added Article 12

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower

Nothing will happen until something actually happens.

~Keeper

Shouldn't we try to prevent all issues such as negotiate, before something actually happens? An emergency meeting of councils maybe?

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Dallas87

There is a hidden shadow that wants to see a global war.

posted on Jan, 8 2022 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reaction to the belt and road initiative I would guess.

While yes Russia and china have made nice on occasion to give the US the finger they also do not like each other and Russian doesnt want to play second fiddle to China.

This will give them a little more umpf while dealing with china.

top topics

join