It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debate: Marshal Law-Will the troops open up on their own citizens?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dooper

Just giving them what they want to hear.

I'm deadlier than Carlos Hathcok with my 16, so you better be wary of trying to take me by yourself.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
I'm going to give the OP what he wants and will continue to give the following answer whenever a post like this pops up.

If martial law happens I will fire on US civilans if ordered to. When martial law is implemented it is for your own good and those who get in my way will see the pointy end of my 5.56 mm round coming at them at a high rate of speed. We in the military are in on the NWO conspiracy. Once martial law has been succesfully implemented and all uncoopertive civilans have been taken care of we will be highly rewarded for our service.

Civilians should obey the soon to be new law of the land and surrender quitely. It is for your own protection. Resistance is futile.

Of course none of that is true, but it is probably the only thing most of you will accept as the truth.

Your only reward will be death by our citizens.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by Ben Niceknowinya]

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

Chill out, man. He was being sarcastic.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Soldiers would barely need to be used. They'd probably only be used for support roles to the local police and deputies that would do the vast majority of the dirty work.

Local police and deputies would first have to move there families to a safe location. safe where and who would protect them.
Just look a New Orleans and how many police officers took there families and just left.

Then in the aftermath they would be hated so much that they would have targets painted on there backs.
In most areas of the US the head sheriff in each county is elected.
do you think they would be re-elected.
city cops . what city counsel would survive letting there city police department do the dirty work.

In the town i live in one of the city counsel member is also the biggest gun store owner in town. and if he let the police department do something like that he would be run out of town.

Plus there homes would be the first targets of the resistance and all they would come back to would be ashes.

Then how many police departments have fortified building.

How many patrol cars have spike proof tires. The resistance can make spike strips to.

How many ham radio operators are there out there could jam all the police radio bands.

The way a resistance movement could operate and get even are endless.

No the government would have to use troops.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
reply to post by Ben Niceknowinya

Chill out, man. He was being sarcastic.

He proved the last line of my post correct didn't he?

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Charming video....

I have no doubt the troops would follow orders and blast us to eternity if so ordered! I will never forget seeing General Honore having to remind the troops these were American citizens and to treat the people of NO with kindness. Nope...they will do just what they are trained to do....KILL!

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

What about the medics? They are trained to save.

What about the cooks? They are trained to cook.

What about the Dental Hygenists? They are trained to clean teeth.

I could go on and on and on. But it would fall on deaf ears because you will counter with "they went to basic training".

See my post on the previous page. It will make you cream your pants with excitement. You will jump up and down like a fool while screaming "I knew it, I knew it."

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I know you were being facetious. Tongue in cheek.

And I was trying to let those who are uninformed that there are a few civilians who won't just lie down. No set battles. No big numbers.

Francis Marion only commanded 150 men or so at a time, and yet he fouled up an entire region, kept harassing the cutting edge of the military of the day, and kept reinforcements from reaching the critical battle at Cowpens.

One jackass, determined, can kick the whole barn down.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

You sir are a PIG! go cream in your own pants, nasty pervert!

I don't think the cooks and the medics are going to be the ones in the streets with guns pointed. But if ordered and facing a court marshall...you damn right I think they would fire/

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Haven't had a chance to read other posts, So I can only answer the OP.

I asked my friend, a marine that just returned from Iraq a few months ago, the same exact question. Basically what I took from his answer was this:

If they were called upon, of course they would do what they were required. But when it comes to force, or shooting or what not, it just depends on the situation. It also depends on the reason for the protest or whatever situation, and that the ones that take issues way to far would be the ones that get targeted. He specifically said No, most of the guys he knows wouldn't just open fire, or hit someone. But if they were threatened, or a protester got up in their face forcefully, then heck yes, he's gonna put that person in their place. He also mentioned that they would absolutely have each others backs.

So pretty much, don't start stuff, and neither will we, is what I took from his statement. I don't know what they would do if they truly felt the people were right.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You know, when I first read this thread this morning, I thought to myself, I would not be surprised if the citizens opened up first, and now:
Above Top Secret

I'm just sayin'... It seems to me that "citizens" hate us military type a lot more than we hate you.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by dooper
reply to post by jd140

And I was trying to let those who are uninformed that there are a few civilians who won't just lie down. No set battles. No big numbers.

Not just civilians at that... Prior service civilians. I'd hope that is deterrent enough, but you know the old adage about wishing in one hand... No wonder we've got TPTB a bit concerned about vets. Wasn't it you who said something to the effect of that you learned... stuff? (I love that one, by the way).

As for you jd... NOBODY is as badass as Hathcock. NOBODY... Plus he would have picked the bolt action Rem 700 over the 16 any day.

Semper Fi bro...

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think that we can't so that troops will or wont. It must be dealt with by the individuals.
Many troops are patriotic, Constitution honering Americans who could never do that. But many troops would just do what they're told to do.
Of course, that is when you have to think of the purpose behind Obama's Civilian Defense Force that is promised to be "as equally equiped and powerful" as the U.S. Military. Maybe they are a back-up plan for when Martial Law is declared and the US Military wont enforce it on citizens.
Perhaps a war between government soldiers and US Soldiers?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join