It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humming A Song You Hear On The Radio Five Minutes Later

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:08 AM
link   
How many here are humming a song, you don't know why, but you do know the song, and you stop humming, and then 2-5 minutes later you will hear it playing on a radio.

This happens to me too often to be coincidence.

Yesterday I was humming the tune to a song I haven't really heard in long while. I went outside to meet up with some friends, and about 3 blocks away from my building, about 5 minutes after I had stopped humming, a car drives by blasting that song. The car just got off the highway, so it was not anywhere's near my building 5 minutes before. To add to the weirdness it was on his CD, because he started the track over just as he was passing by me.

This happens when I am at home, or in my own car, it happens all the time. I will randomly start humming a tune, then stop, and either someone or myself will turn on a radio or TV and unintentionally that song will play, actually it seems to happen every time I find myself humming or whistling a tune.

It can be any kind of music, from hip-hop to a jingle on a commercial, and I will randomly hum or whistle, there is no initial motivation for the choice of tune.

Does anyone else notice that this phenomena occurs with themselves as well?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yes, it happens to me all the time! Way too much to be just random chance. Im the same as you, a lot of the time it will be a very obscure song that is not popular at the moment, and sure enough it will start playing somewhere right after that.

Very weird.....

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by PokeyJoe
Yes, it happens to me all the time! Way too much to be just random chance. Im the same as you, a lot of the time it will be a very obscure song that is not popular at the moment, and sure enough it will start playing somewhere right after that.

Very weird.....

Yeah, and its all subconscious too, I notice after the fact, or won't notice at all, someone else will notice and point it out, there are some other phenomena I will get into more detail about later, but I think I may be on the edge of some thing good.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I think that it may actually have something to do with alternate dimensions or universes. Like we have really listened to that song in another reality, and it somehow is coming though to us here in this reality......kinda like how deja vu works.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I believe that existence is a mix of pre-determined and losely destined occurances. That selections of people are created with a fate, to insure the structure of life doesn't collapse. We aren't technically human because we lack undestined freewill, and those with freewill cannot interrupt our determined course unless it is meant to be. Subconsciously we know that we are disconnected from the race, and what our reason is, and we feel this truth consciously but cannot explain it. Our subconscious slips every now and then 'I believe due to changes in energy levels within our body' and knowledge from our fated future seeps into our conscious thoughts.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
its one of them JOOTS, very wierd and eary though. The wierdest one ive had is watchin top gear, then i said a joke about one of the cars, and then jeremy clarkson said the exact same joke, word for word, no longer than 3 secs later, freaked me out a little but just laughed it off.

However, somewere on a thread a wile back i did hear that apparently everyone is phycic to a certain extent, and apparently one of them is knowing something up to a few minutes in advanced. But because its only a few minutes and we are thinking about so much stuff in those minutes (movement, or just general thought) that it gets kept in the subconsiousnes.

Makes alot of sence, and if true, settles the da ja vu mystery.

Sorry i cant find the thread, but hopefuly someone else on here might remember it and remember what the thread topic was so it can be found.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
its one of them JOOTS, very wierd and eary though. The wierdest one ive had is watchin top gear, then i said a joke about one of the cars, and then jeremy clarkson said the exact same joke, word for word, no longer than 3 secs later, freaked me out a little but just laughed it off.

However, somewere on a thread a wile back i did hear that apparently everyone is phycic to a certain extent, and apparently one of them is knowing something up to a few minutes in advanced. But because its only a few minutes and we are thinking about so much stuff in those minutes (movement, or just general thought) that it gets kept in the subconsiousnes.

Makes alot of sence, and if true, settles the da ja vu mystery.

Sorry i cant find the thread, but hopefuly someone else on here might remember it and remember what the thread topic was so it can be found.

I think the only thing holding people back is lack of faith.
I know people always say "trust your feelings" but I actually do, and there are times where I can actually predict the very near future.

I was with a friend of mine, I think he has this ability as well, he is just afraid to accept it, I also believe this is why we are "friends".
I was driving down a dead street, and he was talking about sports cars, so out of nowheres I said "I really like that silver Porsche right there" but there was no Porsche in sight.
I felt embarrased when he looked at me like I was insane saying "What Porsche?", we were the only car on the block.
He started laughing and I didn't really know why I said anything about a Porsche, and I felt stupid.
I kept quiet and just kept driving down the block.
He was just about to say I was a "Nutcase..." when a brand new silver Porsche 911 turbo turned the corner from behind a building to come towards us.
At that moment I wanted to throw up, not because of the car, but because of the fact that I had just predicted an eventual outcome.
He thought I knew the guy and had planned for him to come down the street, but I didn't know the guy, but somehow I knew he would be turning that corner and passing us.
No one said anything except for me, I said "I like that silver Porsche right there" as it passed by us.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   
This has been happening to me for as long as I can remember. I remember being in HS and telling my brother the 5 songs on the radio, in order before they started. After the first song I joked and said a song name and it was on next. I did this again about 4 more times and it just really weird. My brother couldnt believe it. I do this a lot at work with the music. I always know that is going to be played and it's kind of weird and freaky to the DJ at times..
I guess it's intuition or something. I have always had good intuition and at first it really scared me and I tried not to listen to it. I do now, but I will admit at times it still does freak me out. This happens with many things in my life not just music.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
This is a daily happening for me.
I hear a tune in my head - turn on the radio - and without adjusting stations, the song is playing.
In my house and car it’s commonplace.
Not as often in someone else's home or car.

Glad I’m not the only one - but then again I never thought I was.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
my daughter does this daily its called "tuning in" excuse the pun!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Sometimes knowing in advance and creating it are the same thing I've discovered. I've been experiencing this for a while. Came to some rather interesting theories as well. It makes me feel a lot more responsible for what I experience compared to when I was younger.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This has happened to me a few times. Could be explained away though depending on what song you're humming along to/what radio station you're listening to.
Although, one that cant be explained - I didnt hear this song on the radio but still.. a couple of years ago I was sat watching a documentary on something (cant remember what), and this song started playing. What was odd was that after the first few bars I started singing along with it - sung the whole of the first verse and chorus perfectly as if Id listened to the song a million times before. When I swear Id never heard it in my entire life. Even when I was singing it I didnt feel like I recognised the song or even anticipate what the next line was, but yet I was still singing it.
I felt a little 'woah, twylight zone'ish so I googled the lyrics and it came up with nothing. Meaning that it cant have obviously been a very popular song so there probably wasnt much chance of me having already heard it.

new topics

top topics

join