It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Overpopulation Makes No Sense!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbylove321

Every man, woman, and child on Earth could have 2 acres of land in TEXAS!!!!

People that are pushing the agenda of population reduction are pushing for yet even more control over people.

Pure evil I tell you.

Bobbylove321 you have made my friend list, because you nailed it!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I think the underlying message here is that while our current system is indeed unsustainable, it is not overpopulation's fault.
Overpopulation may merely be a symptom of the disease our archaic private property dominated Capitalist society is, and yet throughout the popularized eco and population reduction movements we see no hard stance against these fundamental errors at the core of the problem.
Instead, major corporations pimp their reputation with green marketing campaigns while we blame poor people for the state of the planet.

It's as if people can't think beyond a capitalist democratic society, and we're just mopping with a running faucet...

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Excellent reply downtown436,

I wish more people would research the subject with an objective mind.

Granted, I could find conflicted arguments.

I could also find statistics that support you and the OP.

Which should we believe? I say common sense dictates that we have more than enough room and food.

I guess this thread boils down to personnel preference.

I also am not one to agree and sacrifice myself and family. Just so the super rich could have more and create a two class society.

That is the agenda of the super elite and the haves and have nots.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by downtown436

Heehaw we got plenty land in West Texas ....

[edit on 31-5-2009 by SharkBait]

link   
Excellent thread, I was just looking at this the other day & it's a big problem now.

If you plot the graph from the population figures on wikipedia then you'll see that we are on a very sharp climbing part of an exponential curve. The World population in around 1950 (off the top of my head) was only 2.5 Billion - we're now at just about 7 Billion.

I highly recommend watching all 8 parts of the following excellent video - or at least to the end part 3 at which point he discusses population growth and his example of bacteria in a bottle is truly frightening.

The Most Important Video You'll Ever See:

can't get the embed video to work, maybe someone else can. The address is: www.youtube.com...

[edit on 31-5-2009 by Power_Semi]

link   
reply to post by HooHaa

Exactly. The whole idea of over population is completely absurd and imaginary.

Each human takes up only a fraction of space on this whole planet, so now if we started building more skyscrapers, and more people lived like NYC style, then we could EASILY support upwards of 30 Billion people.

And the people who keep saying in the future over population will happen are confused because they are underestimating technology.

A few months ago there was talk of scientists working on making cities on top of the ocean water. See what I mean?

Geniuses are put on earth for a reason. When there's a problem, then you find the person to solve it, and EVERY problem has a solution.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by downtown436

Every man, woman, and child on Earth could have 2 acres of land in TEXAS!!!!

[..]

Every man, woman, and child on earth adds up to 6,783,421,727 people. 2 Acres is 0.008094 km² . Texas has a total surface of 696,241 km². If everyone on earth would have 2 acres, it would sum up to 6783421727 * 0.008094 km² = 54,905,015 km². I don't know about you, but it seems that Texas is about 78.8 times too small to be able to hand out 2 acres to everyone. I guess your information is based on olden golden times, when there were 696,241 km² / 0.008094 km² = 86,022,449 people on earth - probably around 1800.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I totally agree with the OP, it has nothing to do with real global problems but ones that have been forced on us by a select few. Everything is fully abundant on this planet for everyone. It is just how they have been "managed" by the select few. I read that this planet actually produces enough food for well over 9 Billion people. As everyone sees, plenty of people, companies waste food because of whatever silly rules are in place or because of insane insurance regulations.

Anyway, people need to wake up and just get rid of these useless morons who feed off of our sweat and steal our money and just take care of ourselves. Perhaps I'm dreaming but "GREED" has never been good on any level.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Hello there guys. I read through this whole thread and it seems like most people disagree with Mr.Bobbylove. Earlier you said that the people with that mindset, may have achieved that mindset by brainwashing. Maybe they just like their space. Maybe they're sick of all the violence and deception. Maybe they're hoping we can maintain but are aware that it's hopeless. I'm not sure how they've achieved this mindset to disagree with you. I doubt TPTB were brainwashed into this mindset. But if this many people disagree with you, it's very likely that anyone else concerned about the population, will also disagree with you. And...these are regular people that disagree with you...that say we're killing the world and that there are too many of us to be able to maintain. Is it any wonder why TPTB also want the population cut down? Maybe they just like their space. I wonder if that kind of power were taken from them and given to us...would we rid the planet of them and reconsider how to maintain our population in a more "sane" manner?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Not that I disagree with your premise but you are not taking other factors into account. Russia might be huge but much if it is barely habitable for humans. I don't want to live in subfreezing temperatures year round.

link   
reply to post by scraze

Someone put their math cap on this morning

lol

good call

link   

Originally posted by shadow_D
I read that this planet actually produces enough food for well over 9 Billion people.

The problem is that we're already at 7 Billion from 2.5 Billion in 1950.

If population continues to grow at the same rate we'll be at around 20 Billion by 2070.

Never mind what the "experts" say, go & watch the video I posted above & do the maths for yourself.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ReelView

thats why the goverment wants gays to get together they can not reproduce

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Too lazy to look it up, but Russia alone loses 700,000 population a year. Health, diet, stress, not enough money to raise families, too much vodka, etc.

The Chinese must be reducing their population by a few million a year with their control of family size.

European population growth is negative. Africa is going through combinations of rampant disease (HIV) famine, political and tribal wars, genocide (Darfur) and birth control methods are becoming widespread. Watch for numbers dropping there.

Traditionally Catholic Latin America is seeing smaller families.

The possibility of extreme climactic change, caused or exacerbated by human interference may see massive wipe outs of entire regions with floods, inadequate precipitation, unpredictable growing seasons, etc.

I wouldn't be surprised if we are at some sort of peak right now in the number of living human beings on the planet.

Mike

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   
oooooooooooh boy.

all living organisms' (including human beings) population grows at a exponential rate. This is a scientific/mathematic fact.

you think that we have time for enough technological advances to save us but you are wrong.

at a certain point, there will far too many people on the planet to be able to get adequate sustinance because the planet's resources will have deminished.

yes, we can build skyscrapers world wide and cram people inside, but there will not be enough farmland to produce food for ALL of those people. the majority will die. we won't be able able to recycle drinkable water quickly enough for 30 billion people. by the time the water goes through your system, the sewage system, and don't forget evaporation and condensation. these cycles take time. if you have a planet crammed full of people there will simply not be enough time.

we are seeing the effects of overpopulation right now. and if you don't see you it...well, ignorance is bliss.

in the next 130 years there will be too many people to survive off the earth's resources. so hopefully, by then, we have many great advances that you speak of because things are not looking good for future generaations.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I would like the population of the Earth to stay as it is about now. I know the Earth could support many more people, but we would loose forests and the countryside. The NWO and its crazy depopulation plans are evil. There should never be forced depopulation, but it would be great if we could just stay at the levels we are now.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

The book of Revelation talks about the majority of people dieing when the world government takes over.

I don't know much about the NWO, but i do know its proponents are eugenicists and want to bring down the world population.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
The problem of overpopulation isnt one of space, it is one of carrying capacity.

Census projections show the U.S. will hit 400 million people sometime between 2040 and 2050. We simply cannot absorb another 100 million people in that short amount of time. Our infrastructure cannot handle it.

More people= lower standard of living.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Much of this number crunching about the total amount of land available and even population dispersement is total BS.

I live in Canada. 33 Million people, something like 30 Million living within 100 miles of the US border.

It's cold close to half the year even in the temperate regions. You can barely go outdoors for months in half the land mass. Nothing grows after a certain degree latitude. As you approach the Arctic Circle there is only 6 months of daylight, six months of night.

Mike

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I completely agree. Star and Flag for you.

Alot of people dont realize that most money is digital. Money doesnt really exist and it really doesnt need to exist either.

Its all a way to control. And I cant stand it.

If it were up to me, I would live in the wilderness, with a nice little cottage. And use firewood for heat, and grow crops to eat, and make my own clothes using cotten and a foot pedal powered sewing machine. Life would be simple and adventureous. And you wouldnt have to complain your bored because there would always be something to do. I.E, get firewood, plants your crops, go fishing, you get what im saying here.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join