It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea to move Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile from Capital to East Coast

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   

North Korea to move Inter-Continental Ballistic Missile from Capital to East Coast

www.doomdaily.com

“Preparations to move an ICBM from the Saneum Weapons Research Center near Pyongyang by train have been captured by U.S. spy satellites,” South Korea’s Dong-a Ilbo newspaper quoted a source in Washington as saying.

The research lab is the North’s main center of research and manufacture of long-range missiles, the newspaper said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Question: Can a North Korean missile hit the U.S.?

Answer: Probably. South Korea reported in a 2008 white paper that North Korea tested medium-range ballistic missiles that can travel about 1,900 miles, putting the U.S. territory of Guam within reach. In April 2009, North Korea launched a Taepodong-2 long-range missile, claiming that the rocket was deploying a communications satellite but analysis showed that nothing entered orbit after the ballistic missile dropped into the Pacific Ocean some 2,400 miles from the launch site.
Video report on site.

www.doomdaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
i dont know if they have the reach,but if they do,and some ones knows for sure in our heads of military,I hope our fearless leader starts memorizing launch codes...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Yet another thought provoking move by NK, But thats all it is. NK can do what the hell they want in their own country whether its testing nukes and missiles or making the national emblem a pink pair of knickers!

When the missiles are used in an attack on another nation or they invade South korea or China(unlikely), then and only then can judgement be made.

To me, it's obviously clear that NK are purposely provoking specific nations into pre-emptive actions, and that is what must be avoided because that is exactly what NK wants. IMO.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Honestly enough is enough. The US should knock the sucker down as soon as its launched.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
A defense official in Washington said there is no major movement of personnel and equipment at a North Korean site to suggest that a second long-range missile launch is imminent. The official said there is activity that points to possible preparations for a launch by August.

www.bloomberg.com...

I bet they are prepping a missile but the MSM here in the states will follow the anti-christ orders to lie. Obama will do nothing even if NK strikes. He is a traitor. Gates another traitor just said that we would not let NK become a nuclear power, Hello Alice?

We need the Israelis to bomb Iran and SK and Japan to take care of lil Kim at the same time. That would force our military to act on their behalf, If Obama ordered troops to stand down then the military or Israelis would have his head.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FredT

Honestly enough is enough. The US should knock the sucker down as soon as its launched.

I think that's what they're trying to get at.

But if the U.S. strikes the missile down they won't be too happy.

[edit on 5/30/2009 by watchtheashes]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
ok, the missile is moving by train to the east coast.... so how long do we expect another launch?

could it be in a week or so, or are we talking a few months from now?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ugie1028
ok, the missile is moving by train to the east coast.... so how long do we expect another launch?

could it be in a week or so, or are we talking a few months from now?

We have to wonder what the real state of play is over there.

I expect its at a more advanced stage than what becomes public. Lets wait for more fresh information.

No one is saying that the east coast launch site has none already onsite.. It's what you dont hear that counts.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
every Arab country would be destroyed long time ago for even the suspition that they have a train. it is the double speak they love. NK is a great ongoing and real threat. they need them as they are. and in Arab countries they need oil. life.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by komp_uk

i guess you missed the new satellite they launched that day - check satellite tv frequencies to find it.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
North Korea is testing the US as it has for years. Thier ruler is a freak and off his rocker. I wouldnt trust him with a knife and fork let alone a nuke. We are still at war with North Korea, there was never a peace treaty and it is one of the tinderboxes of the planet.
But honestly, I think its just an attention grabber, North Korea has been trying to force the US into face to face talks for years. They do stupid *##@# trying to force us into some sort of deal to get them more food and money, the people in NK starve while the gov spends all thier money on the military and nukes......

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
bet you it will have a Atomic warhead on it..

Just keeps on going and going man..

I am hoping with China joining the sanctions fray, HOPEFULLY, sanctions might start working. Yet I am being very very optimistic here.

Just when we think we understand what colors it is we are looking at, they turn off the lights..

Think they will use the ICBM, as a threat... to whomever who tries to tell them No, or what have you.. Positioning now..

[edit on 30-5-2009 by Adrifter]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by komp_uk

i guess you missed the new satellite they launched that day - check satellite tv frequencies to find it.

is it possible for you to please provide a link to that info?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
East coast... meaning shooting a missile over Japan? Or towards the US? Or there's nothing there?

Just the proof that it takes TWO WEEKS to set up a missile shows that they are no real threat to anybody except South Korea because it's near.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

lol I was about to say If we have a star wars system now's the time to do a real life test of it.

First test should be can we hit a moving train from space with it and make it look like the missile malfunctioned and blew up the train.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher
I bet they are prepping a missile but the MSM here in the states will follow the anti-christ orders to lie. Obama will do nothing even if NK strikes. He is a traitor. Gates another traitor just said that we would not let NK become a nuclear power, Hello Alice?

Yeah well I didn't see Bush lift a finger to do anything about it. We have out hands full just trying to contain 2 small third world countries. The US military is a shadow of it's former self.

We need the Israelis to bomb Iran and SK and Japan to take care of lil Kim at the same time. That would force our military to act on their behalf, If Obama ordered troops to stand down then the military or Israelis would have his head.

If the Israeli's bombed Iran then the whole Arab world would be up in arms and if America joined in then you can expect September 11 to be a sideshow compared to the terrorist attacks which would follow.

As for NK, nuclears weapons is just one arm of the triad of WMD's they have. They also possess bioweapons and nerve gas in quantities. They can unleash there own hell on America without needing a nulcear tipped missile.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I think it's obvious China is backing North Korea and Russia is backing Iran. This is why they act so bold. It's also because they see weakness in Obama.

I know liberals hate to hear this but it's the truth. The idea that we could apologize to the world and somehow bad actors in the world will like us is naive at best and at worst dangerous.

It's like Biden said, Obama will be tested. Not because he's new but because they see him as weak. If they think they can get an inch, they will try to take a mile and that's what we are seeing. North Korea is daring the world to try to stop them.

I'm not a big Bush supporter but North Korea would never saber rattle like this with Bush in there. Obama should have came out and shown North Korea that he's not going to have them threatining the world.

Instead, he says he wants to work with the international community and sign a tough worded letter.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think they are moving their missiles closer to the sea because. From there they can be a threat to the US marine and other bases they might get in the region apart from the once they have in south Korea.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sky watcher

I bet they are prepping a missile but the MSM here in the states will follow the anti-christ orders to lie. Obama will do nothing even if NK strikes.

Had Bush decided to address a real issue (NK) instead of entering into an illegal war against Iraq, we might not be dealing with this now.

But that's water under the bridge, and your obvious hatred for Obama aside, what reason have you to believe that the US wouldn't respond if NK struck us?

Let's be serious.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join