It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Body Questions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
A lot of you all know that I have recent experiences with OBE. The enviroment that I am in during these experiences is exactly what the reality of my everyday life is like. Everything is identical and in some cases much more clear.

My question, to anyone who might know, is why does the enviroment never change from reality? I can go anywhere during these experiences, but it is always identical to what is there in my waking state.

My regualar dreams are always in different places that I have never been or seen before, but these are not. When I first get out I am in my room and it too is identical to waking reality.

Does anyone hvae an idea why this is the case?

Edit to add: If anyone has any other questions about OBE, ask them here if you can. Hopefully someone here, or maybe me, can answer your questions.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by esteay812]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
hey i really dont have an answer to your questiom but i tried OBE last night and almost achieved it. I just couldn't get out of the body but felt a strange pulling sensation. hey if you can come pull me out if your experienced...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I'm trying to expand my knowledge on the subject so I'm sure why you are not able to leave your current environment. But the 2 times that it happened to me I, someone 2 different people came to get me. The first time we went to a few places and flew around, the second we went only went to one place. I have never been able to achieve it on my own, to my knowledge. I don't know why, so if perhaps someone could help me with that I'd appreciate it. When I was a child and teenager I was very open to paranormal experiences, then in my earlier twenties I simply ignored it (or tried to). Now, it seems these occurances will not be ignored, events have happened in the past 2 years or so, that lead me to believe that I can not ignore it and I have this nagging feeling that I am not living to my potential, even if it is to do nothing but acknowledge that it occurs. I have very recently realized that I have to at the very least acknowledge that "things" happen, but now it occurs with greater frequency. By this I mean seeing things, at least once a day I see a globe or ball of some sort floating around my house, sometimes it is person out of the corner of my eye (when I'm home alone), a lot of times I here a girl calling out to me (I used to think it was my daughter, but it will happen when she is not home or when she is sound asleep). I really do not know what to do, I'm at a loss. I don't think it is necessarily the house, we are only the second family to live here. I think that it is just me, only I don't know what to do with it whether it is to "help" or to make it stop.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
esteay812, I can clear up a few things for you. The pulling sensation is normal, and the fact that everything is the same every time is that you think it is the same therefore it is.

The pulling sensation is true because I speak from experience. I can leave my body upto about 1 or 2 inches.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
see with me i am able lift my hands and alittle bit of my arms up you get that feeling but you know your body is where it is its a good sensation, but what can i do to fully go through with it and proceed?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CrazyTurk

I would imagine that if you are to the point where you are experiencing your arms lifting out that you are probably at the point where the rest of your body is also able to get out.

If you ever get the sensation you spoke of just try to stand up or lean over to the side. If your arms are out it stands to reason that the rest will happen too. When you lean or roll over it will feel like your physical body is moving, but it won't be.

Also, I need to clarify my original question a bit.

I understand that I am seeing what I want to see in my dream state, but when I get out and experience an obe how come my enviroment isn't that of a dream state?

When my body goes to sleep and my consciousness is still 100% in reality. How is it possible that I, or anyone else that experiences this, actually feel the sensation of seperation from the physical body and can observe the enviroment that I am immersed into as the exact same reality that we live in everyday?

When you fall to sleep and have a dream, they are usually in odd places. When these OBEs occur it is in definite locations. They are not any different at all than when you are in you physical body. It just doesn't make any sense to me that your mind will recreate your waking reality when you are in a dream state.

Another thing I wonder about in these experiences is; when your body falls asleep and your consciousness is still reality based, how come your consciousness doesn't remain in your physical body?

It would make sense that your mind would stay in your physical body and you would be able to monitor your body, because your mind is still based 100% in reality.

Your body is frozen and you can roll over, stand up, look down and see your body laying there. How is it possible that your mind can seperate like this?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I had no control over my OBE, and I thought I was dying. I did go back to the doctors and other medical workers and asked if I was given drugs or pure oxygen. I was not given any drugs, and the tank was filled with the nitrous oxide we all breathe on this planet.

Everything I saw during the OBE was vivid, and the sounds were quite clear and yet not noisy. When I started to wonder about where my journey would take me, I started thinking about how I would miss my family. I was then back in my body, and the noise became noisy and sights were loud.

BTW, my body did not die during the experience. I have more questions than I do answers, but I do know there is a soul.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

That's awesome!

One of the things that has happened to me when I was having one of my first experiences was: I didn't experience the actual leaving of my body like I have recently. I was out of my body for a few minutes flying around my yard when I started to think about what was going on with my body. I thought 'I must be dead!' and it freaked me out hard core!

I was almost immediately slammed back into my body, where I woke up quite freaked out. When I say slammed back in it is like being in a car and slamming into a brick wall at about 5m.p.h.

I hope you are able to achieve an experience like this where you are in complete control of what goes on during.

I can't remember where I posted this link, but I'll post it here for you, and others who may want to try and have an OBE. It is a good example of how to do it and utilizes many of the techniques I used before researching the phenomena, so I know the majority of them are acurrate.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   
esteay812-

I'm a relatively newbie to ATS, and this topic piqued my interest.

I have a couple of questions for you, if you don't mind.

1. Are you purposefully trying to achieve the OBEs? If so, do you use meditation, or alternate means to do so?

2. Can these OBEs happen anywhere? Home, work, school, social events, etc.?

I'm curious because I had several (not purposeful) OBEs as a child but they were rather mundane. After studying psychology extensively, I wrote them off as "de-personalization,"...but I still have nagging questions about them every once in a great while.

Like Kidflash that posted above, I had a medical OBE in my late teens. This was a result of a car accident and I was unconscious for quite some time. When I was being transported by an ambulance, from above--floating-- I saw my body bound to the body board/stretcher, and the EMT
saying "we can't get a pulse"...I wanted to scream at them, "sure you can,"(because I was very aware of things) but I wasn't able to speak.

My vision, in this OBE state, was very clear and there was a lot of bright light and a sense of getting pulled further and further up to this very peaceful place.

I agree with Kidflash--about the soul--in addition to what you are speaking about in terms of body and mind.

Thanks for sharing and letting me share

--ETA: You answered my first question before I finished writing my post-coincidentally-

[edit on 29-5-2009 by sonjah1]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

Welcome to ATS, this is a great site and you'll find many people with an addiction problem here. I believe there was a guy a couple months ago that had to go to detox because he O.D.ed on ATS

Yes and No.

When I first had these experiences it happened on it's own. I began to repeat the things that had happened before they occurred. After doing the basic things that got me "Out" I started trying different things in order to get out.

I wouldn't say that I use meditation per se. I do a quick diagnostic check on my boady, making sure every part, including my jaw, is completely relaxed. I use the mind awake/ body asleep technique, it seems to work very well for me.

I suppose they could happen anywhere at any time. They have only happened to me while at home. This is probably because this is where I sleep at and these experiences happen around sleep time.

A lot of folks will dis-agree with me, for me this is one of the confirmations of having a soul.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by esteay812]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

It really is a mind altering experience as one does not fear death after it. The most interesting aspect is that the OBE raises more questions than answers. I think the ancients knew a lot about this phenomena, and I am on a path to try and find out more and more about this and other subjects.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Want to leave your body, travel to another dimension, hear astal music, interact with other worldly beings..? ....Try '___'

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KAKUSA

I had my experience without the help of any mind altering substance. That is also why I can state with a fact that what happened to me was no hallucination.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

In my case, so true, I don't fear death whatsoever.

I wonder if this is universal or if for some with OBE, the opposite is true?

Would be interesting to hear from others with similar experiences--and those accounts without using mind-altering substances...

-

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sonjah1

I talked to my mother's Catholic Priest on my experience, and he stated the people he knew (about three) did not fear death after their experiences. In fact, it was one of the questions he asked me after I told him the experience. I guess the soul leaving the body shows us the body is nothing but a temple.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I just hold my breath till i wake up. when i wake up i am out of my body or on the floor.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   

The environment never changes from reality because the environment IS reality. You are seeing reality, nothing more nothing less. One thing I love about it is you have no bounds, you can go anywhere you wish, even in space and even to other star systems regardless of how far they are.

You will often end up in your room with an oobe because of the fact that you are in your room when you oobe. Then you can travel to wherever you wish.

In lucid dreams the scenes/places can change because it is more or less just a dream, however an oobe is not a dream but a real experience.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by kaleshwar

I have definitely gotten the feeling that these experiences are occurring in reality, as we know it when we are awake. Every thing is identical to the waking reality.

I know the brain is magnificent in what it can do, but exact re-creation of certain aspects of the reality in which we deal with every day, even producing things we haven't seen before, seems a lot to ask - especially considering all the feelings and emotions that go into one of these experiences.

I am beginning to believe that these are reality based and not the product of an imagination. Why would our minds even develop this form of consciousness if it weren't reality based? Our consciousness could just as easily stay in our body, like a prison, when we experience sleep paralysis.

I have thought about my experiences and one thing is for sure; each time my experience lasts longer and more aspects of the enviroment are revealed to me, like I am slowly being conditioned for something to happen during one of them.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I have a friend who had an OBE when he was 5 years old at his uncle's farm playing in the barn with his cousins. While climbing into the hay loft via a wood pile outside the barn, after doing it safely so many times that he was not as careful as he originally was. He lost his footing and fell face first towards the ground.

He doesn't remember landing and the next thing he knew he was floating at tree top level looking down at his siblings and cousins who were standing in a circle looking at something. Then Jesus appeared next to him and said, "It is not yet your time."

The next thing he knew, he was laying on his back looking up at his cousins and siblings. His uncle and parents took him to a doctor who couldn't find anything wrong, although the cartilage in in his nose grew slightly crooked after that.

He doesn't have a fear of dying.

Interestingly, he says he saw Jesus again when he was 20. He was sick and in severe pain and went to sleep praying "God, let me die and take me to heaven." Jesus appeared to him in a dream and said, "You are not going to die. In fact, you are not going to die until I come again."

That really messed with his theology (actually, eschatology). Until that time he had only been to "Pre-Tribulation Rapture" churches. So, the concept of a Christian living through the 7 year Tribulation period before Jesus returns was foreign to him. He now says that a plain reading of Matthew 24:1-31 clearly says that Jesus returns after the nasty stuff happens.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CharlesMartel

One thing that is recurring in the posts that I am reading is; the experiencers of the obes are not scared of death as they were before.

This is true for me as well. Before these experiences I would think to myself, 'What I am I gonna do when my mom or dad dies, I'll never be the same again'.

Since the experience I know that they will truly be in a better place and so I am not as fearful as losing them.

I am still scared to die in the instance that I know it is frightening and definite, but i am not scared of the after effects.

The burning question has to be; When you are above your body looking down and you are dying, how can we be 100% sure that even that image won't cease to exist when all the firings in our brain fail?

I guess that is where a little bit of faith comes in handy. I know I was out of my body, but I don't know why. Will I ever?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join