It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Body Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

Yes, I have to agree with you. In my experience, my grandfather had died when I was about 9, this was my first experience with death, and at the time I was convinced that he was going to leap from the coffin and yell just kidding. When that obviously didn't happen, I was very upset. He came to me the night that we buried him, and took me all over the place. I do not think that I have ever feared death, perhaps its because my first experience with it was when I was young and I knew that he was happy and fine on the other side.

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Hey guys, I'm wondering if there are any risks involved, like specifically dying.

I plan on attempting an OBE at the end of the week (currently in the middle of a rough jeet kune do assignment) and i was hoping I could get some tips/guidance. Any help would be much appreciated, if you don't feel like talking on the board you can message me.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LouieKnowsJeetKuneDo

Hey Louie. sorry it took so long for a response.

I don't know of any inherent risk of death or any other major (or Minor) risks involved with OBEs other than an extreme enjoyment.

As for tips, I would say to try all the things you know or have learned about inducing an OBE. Don't worry or get frustrated if it seems to not be working. One of the biggest problems first-timers have is being impatient.

Stick with the procedure and don't quit too soon, often the feelings your mind sends your body to tll it to roll over or get up are merely tests to see if the mind and body are still awake enough to respond.

For example, when you are lying in bed and you feel the sudden urge to roll over, this is your mind testing you senses to find out if you are still awake or if you are asleep enough to enter into Sleep Paralysis.

When you begin to enter SP your body will feel like a heavy, warm blanket is being laid over it. Whne you get this feeling and it covers your entire body, including your head, wait a few more minutes. You may experience a tingling or vibrating sensation, don't panic, this is SP.

After a few minutes of being in sleep paralysis try to roll over. It will feel like you physical body is rolling over at first, but if you are in SP this will be your astral - or conscious - body rolling out of your physical body.

When you get out and stand up don't be suprised or get too excited, this will cause you to get slammed back into your body and wake up.

Remain calm and begin to explore your newly found enviroment. You will find it is identical to your waking world, with the exceptions of being solid. You will be able to walk through walls, float, fly, and go anywhere you want.

In this state it is important to remind yourself of yourself, if you don't you risk returning to your body while still asleep and entering into a traditional dream-state, or waking up completely.

If you are having trouble reaching the sleep paralysis stage or getting out when you do reach the stage you can try another method that works well for many people.

It is called climbing a rope. You simply imagine that you are climbing a rope for the entire time you are trying to go to sleep. Eventually you will climb the rope until you are climbing out of your body. It works well, but takes time to perform. 15-30minutes of constantly thinking of climbing a rope and nothing else can cause you to acheive OBE.

Also, you can try mind awake body asleep. It is the processI was typing about earlier. This is where you remain completely still in bed until your body begins to fll asleep. The key to this is to resist temptation to move, staying completely still until your body enters SP.

While trying this technique it is important to make sure your consciously stay aware of what is going on, while letting your body drift off to sleep. If you do not stay aware you risk falling completely asleep and entering normal dream-state.

I hope this helps you out and again, I am sorry it took so long to get you a response.

posted on Jul, 26 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
OBE is a complicated matter. fyi, i've had many dreams where i've never ventured beyond my garden. When this is the case, it's usually a more lucid dream. My most vivid dreams often occur in locations i am familiar with, and sometimes I feel as if I'm actually visiting them.

There are several different planes, but the current physical world is probably more familiar to your 'soul' at this point in time. When your soul wanders across less familiar terriotories/planes/densities, it's probably more difficult for the conscious human mind to remember...

This is all speculation, of course. I could be wrong, but that's my hypothesis.

Originally posted by kidflash2008

I had no control over my OBE, and I thought I was dying. I did go back to the doctors and other medical workers and asked if I was given drugs or pure oxygen. I was not given any drugs, and the tank was filled with the nitrous oxide we all breathe on this planet.

Everything I saw during the OBE was vivid, and the sounds were quite clear and yet not noisy. When I started to wonder about where my journey would take me, I started thinking about how I would miss my family. I was then back in my body, and the noise became noisy and sights were loud.

BTW, my body did not die during the experience. I have more questions than I do answers, but I do know there is a soul.

Sounds like a past-life regression to the moment of death, imo...but don't take my word of it. It could have been a variety of things.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hello,

I felt like I should chime in on this topic as I feel like I have a small amount of experience with this. I will share my experience:

The first experiences I starting noticing this was when I would have lucid dreams that would occur in the middle of the night after I got up to get a drink of water or use the restroom. As I would fall back asleep my body was so relaxed from sleeping but my mind was awake enough from going to the kitchen so I would enter my lucid dreams much easier and I would realize I was dreaming yet I was in control.

This lucid dreaming was happening to be quite often until the next episode happened to me which i feel was the beginning of an OBE. As far as I know I was just asleep and next thing I know I'm viewing my room from the position of me lying down in my bed much like the position i feel asleep in. I recall seeing my desk in complete detail along with the water bottle that was sitting on top of the desk.

One thing that was different to me as I was staring at my room was a loud humming noise or a buzz that not only could I hear I could feel, I felt myself rolling out of bed and reached forward with my arm. I noticed my arm/hand did not look like everyday, it was illuminating with a blue energy as well as orange and possibly green (it's been a few years so sorry about the detail) I noticed my room was somewhat lit from this as I recall see it on the wall nearest to me.

The whole experience was very real feeling like I was completely awake nothing fuzzy about it like a dream. I got to the position on sitting up half way off the bed while experiencing all of what I just wrote and got scared and bam woke up instantly remembering everything and thinking WTF just happened!! I immediately thought OBE? So i went onto the internet to read about it as at the time I didn't really know much about OBE's.

Since that experience I have not had another like it, just lucid dreaming. I do wish to experience this again but do more with it. I can very often when I try do the mind awake body asleep successfully. I have found for myself like others have said when trying to do this keep still the body will fall asleep and you will feel paralyzed. My mind usually starts to wander at this point after realizing my body is asleep so I think this is where I am failing.

I am going to try the climbing a rope technique to see if that works.

Thanks for reading.

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Hey thanks esteay, your information is very helpful to me also. I have been thinking of trying this myself but have also had questions about it. I have known about this for years but never had the nerve to try it. I have also worried about really dying while I'm out.
Also, I wanted to ask about the feeling I get when I'm in bed and starting to relax. I get this vertigo feeling sometimes and I feel like the room is spinning but I also have this vibrating/tingly/numb feeling. Usually when I notice this I sit up and drink some water that I always have on my nightstand. After a few minutes the feeling goes away. Is this the beginning of an OBE??? I think I can do it with some practice but I am also worried that I won't know how to get back in my body. Is this something that automatically happens without me trying to get back in??
I like this thread it is very informative!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 30 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812

My question, to anyone who might know, is why does the enviroment never change from reality? I can go anywhere during these experiences, but it is always identical to what is there in my waking state.

My regualar dreams are always in different places that I have never been or seen before, but these are not. When I first get out I am in my room and it too is identical to waking reality.

Does anyone hvae an idea why this is the case?

Autowrench:
There is a thing called "Zero Point Reference." When you were born, a Zero Point Reference was made, you and your reality. This effect stays with you at all times. This is why space travel is so difficult for some, because they lost their connection with their zero point, and the Spirit separates from the body, making the person insane. During the Phoenix 2 Project, this effect was recorded onto computers and fed to the people through the portals, thus making them stable in their reality. I astral travel also, and wherever I go, the reality is still the same of whatever reference point I am at during the experience.

posted on Jul, 31 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I'm not a teacher but I'll add anyway. Practice to build or form your lightbody by visualizing it each day. It resembles a human body, I usually go with a "wisp", nothing more than an orb or ball of light. When you start building it, do so with the intention it will last forever.

Try and imagine your soul as a secluded private area, compare it to a spaceship if you will, as if you were on a kind of infinite holo deck. From there you can lateron venture to the outside of your soul. Your soul is something which is made for you so you don't need to know the mechanics, picture it like a giant computer or AI that does everything for you, even when you don't yet understand why or how. It records all of your experiences or memories, it has all the possible shapes, forms and patterns that exist contained within it.

Your lightbody will eventually emerge at the center of your soul. It will stay there untouched after a training session until you start working at it again. It might take months or years depending on how often you practice. Try and move it's limbs, just do anything with it in order to get acquinted with it and learn how to use your will. Try using it to produce sound by clapping your lightbodies hands or using your voice, ears, eyes etc. In this physical body all these things work "automatically" but becoming a lightbody will take time and practice.

Visualize the 5 senses onto the lightbody, when you are in a normal waking state the 5 senses are attached to the physical body, when you go to sleep they are 'turned inside out' and emerge into your lightbody (which is in your soul, your "dreamworld"). This process or migration from the physical to the nonphysical happens each night when we go from waking state to sleeping state but because it is complicated, rather awkward and uncomfortable (and sometimes frightening) it is the part we do not experience or at least have no memory of. Your goal here is to be able to become awake 24/7, going to sleep and experience the journey from the physical to the nonphysical in full awareness. Personally I believe this is how it is supposed to be, as nature meant for it to be but because we focus solely on the physical we don't have complete access to the nonphysical, or at least the larger part of the nonphysical aspect of our being.

In waking state the energy of the lightbody occupies the physical body but in a less controlled manner. I don't use a rolling out of the body technique myself, the process is best described as being turned inside out.

Learn as much as you can about this reality, create theories for yourself to strenghten your belief you can exist as a lightbody in a reality different than the only one we experience and to lessen fear of dying or being lost or seperated forever.

For myself, I believe each being begins as formless and shapeless energy, then migrates from that formless and shapeless reality to a reality where it learns how to shape itself (becoming an individual entity, the first "vehicle), then it continues to a reality where it is given a form (this reality, the 2nd vehicle which is controlled by the first) after that (the hereafter) the physical body becomes nonphysical but normally you would learn how to move, talk, hear, feel, see, smell and taste there if you are lucky, many simply forget or are overwhelmed by the experience, being unprepared. By training the lightbody you can arrive in the hereafter without being constrained by your present day conditioning.

Put as much time into practice as you can, never force anything, try and follow your gut feeling, let all experiences come to you instead of seeking them out. That is what a lightbody is for, to receive experiences rather than creating them, it is the environment that needs to be created in order to receive those experiences. Since your starting point is inside your soul without any exit (you might want to create that after a long time exploring your own soul) you can learn how to control your surroundings and create them at will after you learn about your lightbody.

[edit on 31/7/2009 by Dragonfly79]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Interesting I'll have to try that out, just like anything im sure it will take some time to practice.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   

hmm tell me, can you fly, walk through matter? Better, can you see your reflection in a mirror? Can people see you?

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by _damon

I am assuming you are wasking if I can do these things in my OBEs.

I can fly, float and Walk during them. I can move through walls and glass. The first time I tried to move through a wall with brick on the other side I couldn't, but I can move through wood or glass.

I have never tried to look in a mirror, so I don't know, but probably. I have seen my body laying asleep on the bed when I get out, that is a quite strange feeling, seeing yourself laying on the bed.

I have gone to my parents house before, while in an OBE. I tried to wake up my mother by grabbing her arm and shaking it. She didn't move and I had an incredibly wild sensation on my hand and up my arm when I touched her.

I have never been seen by anyone that I know of. I haven't actually seen that many people while having these experiences.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by esteay812]

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Starseed32

There are a few stages into the progression of an OBE. You seem to be at the Sleep Paralysis Stage. Here you will feel a heavy wight type of feeling over your body, usually accompanied by tingling and a vibration sensation. I believe the vertigo feeling may be related to this.

Your body does some really amazing things while you sleep, but you are in SP and don't know about it.

You are on the verge of having an OBE it sounds like.

Two things, one - don't woory about dying or the feelings you have in this process. Anxiety and fear will keep you from having an OBE everytime.

Two - If you become scared or worried you will be slammed back into your body and wake up instantly.

If you have anytype of sleep disorders you may want to see what a doctor thinks about trying these techniques, otherwise this is a safe way to experiment with your mind and body.

Good Luck

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I've recalled having had what seemed like an OOBE but I'm more inclined to think I was abducted instead. The experience seemed to take place in the past over 2,000 years ago. The body I was in wasn't mine either. I recall even going back to sleep and going back to the same place and girl and wrote her a letter there. So bizarre.

I woke up with a necklace and black hair in the right hand in a clenched fist. I still vaguely recall what the necklace looked like. Unfortunately, I no longer have it and it wasn't real gold anyway.

It was as far as I recall, actually a Vulture with wings spread like an eagle.

It had two sides so it was facing either right or left to supposedly face the sun at sunrise or sunset.

[edit on 1-8-2009 by aleon1018]

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Thanks for the info esteay. I tried to do the OBE two nights ago. I think I just about had it. I went past the vibrations and vertigo. Then for some reason my right leg jerked! You know like sometimes when your body is relaxing and your body will jerk and almost give you a falling sensation? Well, that is exactly what it felt like. I instantly woke up and opened my eyes and thought I saw a shadow of a person in front of me. Then I thought DANG, I almost had it! I settled back down and was going to try for round two, but I think I just fell asleep while trying. Anyway, I will be practicing more and I will hopefully be able to report sometime that I am able to do it!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by _damon

hmm tell me, can you fly, walk through matter? Better, can you see your reflection in a mirror? Can people see you?

I was reading an article about Robert Monroe one of the main guys who did the study on OBE's and he was astral traveling and went to see he colleague and pinched her on her waist right above the belt line and witnessed her jerk from the feeling of it. A few days later he asked her about it and she lifted up her shirt were he had pinched her and showed him a small bruise.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 02:01 AM
link   

I had only one very brief OBE once that helped save me from getting hurt when I fell off a bicycle.

But you should realize that this is a widely-studied subject, and has many different theories connected with it.

The materials I have studied assume the spirit-mind-body model for a person. You are probably basically aware of that model.

The OBE is also called "exteriorization." It can be done awake or nearly asleep. It is most safely done in a place where your body will be safe, as you may not keep much attention on it.

Though a person can train him/herself to do it. You can also do it with the help of another person which is a little safer.

In its simplest form the being simply moves out of its body. This will demonstrate to a being that it doesn't need a body (or a brain) to perceive. Thus a blind person who can successfully exteriorize will normally be able to see. You do have great freedom of movement while exterior, but this may be limited by your own considerations about where it is safe to go. Threats to the body may "snap" you back into it. This is an automatic reaction. Some people feel a little upset after going exterior. This is also an automatic-type reaction that has to do with one's own experiences with the action of entering and leaving bodies and other physical objects.

It is best to exteriorize causatively. That is to say, treat it as an intentional action, like brushing your teeth or driving your car, and not as an "experience" like getting high or watching a movie.

Historically, people who can causatively leave their body have either been valued or feared. Ancient Chinese magicians who could do this were consulted in times of war to learn about enemy troop movements. Recently, "remote viewers" have been tested for similar purposes. Concepts of "freedom" and "privacy" shift when you take into account the ability to go exterior.

Near death experiences are similar to OBEs, but as they usually happen at times of extreme body stress, they are less predictable and normally more emotionally charged. In an NDE a being may experience suddenly being somewhere totally different, communicating with "councils" or all manner of other entities, of falling or being in a tunnel.

Dreams would not normally happen out of body. My dreams are short, vivid, and usually scary, and normally involve some environment I have never been in this life. But creative imagination can also be involved in dreaming, so a great range of experiences are possible in dreams.

It is also possible for a being to view experiences recorded in its own mind and mistake this for an OBE. But generally speaking, a person can tell if he or she is exterior. The mind is totally capable, though, of storing and playing back whole "virtual experiences." Confronting and handling the most troubling of these experiences has been the successful element in any workable therapy that has ever existed. A person can be so tied up in mental pictures that he would have very little chance of ever going exterior causatively or knowing what to do if he could. But even such extreme cases can be handled. The psychiatrists say that the only handling is their special drugs or other treatments. But they lie. Safe treatments for troubling mental conditions have been around for centuries, and for all intents and purposes were perfected in the last century.

So, be brave but be safe. You are experimenting with a kind of freedom and power many would kill for. And with your increased knowledge from your experiences come increased responsibilities.

It is very important to communicate what you learn, regardless of how hard others may work to keep you silent. Thank you for this thread!

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   

You can fly and go anywhere you want? Did you learn to move while flying? If yes, here is an interesting suggestion: go into the space, on the moon, for example. It's not common coz a lot of people doesnt know about it but if you think hard to a place, you will teleport to this place. Or you can fly very fast by visualizing yourself moving very fast. When you can do it, you can go "anywhere" in the world and in the universe, nothing physical can stop the astral body. The silver link is a fake. Try and tell us if u succeeded.

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 05:51 AM
link   

OH, it does get to environments that don't connect with the 'here' reality. I've had a couple that where in a different dimension/reality with either different technology or physics. I'm certanly far from being an expert on it. I think it has mostly to do with your expectations or your 'place' in things or something (or course).

posted on Aug, 2 2009 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Those are some great posts. Thank you all for making this tread a good one.

I have had quite a few OBEs now and I have been to a lot of different locations. I have flown into space and to a different planet, though I don't know which one. I will try the trip to the moon, but the last time I tried the moon I had some wierd feelings and outcome.

I had extreme feelings of remorse and loss when approaching the moon and when I got close to there I felt like I was at a family members funeral. I decided to return to Earth and fly around for a bit until I woke up. The weird thing was that I seemed to be stuck in the area of the moon, like the moon had a really strong gravity pulling me - a crazy sensation. After a second I freaked a bit and got slammed back into my body.

I believe there are many different places we can go and many different experiences we can have during these OBEs. I hope everyone can experience one at least once and realize what it is.

posted on Aug, 3 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
hi,you need to read the Richard Webster book on this. it will answer that and much more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join