It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quebec farmer finds winter boot containing severed foot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Quebec farmer finds winter boot containing severed foot

www.cbc.ca

"My first impression was that it was heavy - it had some weight to it," Robitaille said of the boot Wednesday in a phone interview from his property, about 50 kilometres northwest of Montreal.

"I just thought there was sand or earth (in the boot). I rolled down the sock to look inside and I noticed it was white."

Robitaille first spotted the shiny, black winter boot earlier this month as he chugged across the 20-hectare farm in his tractor.

Still unsure what the boot contained, he tossed it on the back of the machine and continued working the field for another 15 minutes.

B
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbc.ca
www.newsweek.com
edition.cnn.com

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Now it is very strange that these severed feet keep washing up along the Canadian Shoreline in regular fashion. Is it a serial killer on the loose or is it just a natural current that carries these feet along the same path?

It is also interesting to note that no reference seems to be made to other severed feet although this article is published on the same site as other reports of earlier finds.

I am leaning towards a serial killer who seems to leave a calling card. Why no other body parts? I find it very strange to say the least.

No conclusion is ever made as to what happened and I think the police is stumped as to what is causing these grizzly finds.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 29/5/09 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   
These stories always remind me of 'Severance' when the mans leg gets caught in the bear trap! Horrible and gruesome!

I do hope they find the cause soon.

Im gunna click reply now as the thought of this is making me fill Queezy!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow, another one? This is what, 7?

Though I think one of them turned out to be a hoax.

August 20, 2007

The first foot is found by an American man and his 12-year-old daughter boating near Jedidiah Island. The shoe is later identified as a Campus brand running shoe, primarily white with blue mesh, and is believed to be a size 12. It is determined that it was produced in 2003 and distributed primarily in India.

August 26, 2007

The second foot is found on Gabriola Island by a resident walking on a trail. The shoe is a size 12 men's Reebok running shoe, primarily white in color. It was produced in 2004 and was distributed globally, though mostly in North America. It was first available March 1, 2004, but is no longer available.

February 2, 2008

A third foot is found by two forest workers on Valdez Island. The shoe is a size 11 blue and white Nike running shoe, made in 2003 and sold in Canada and the United States from February 1 to June 30, 2003.

May 22, 2008

The fourth foot is found on Kirkland Island by a man walking along the shoreline. The size 7 blue and white New Balance running shoe was made in 1999 and distributed in major retail stores. DNA tests later determine that the remains belonged to a female.

June 16, 2008

A fifth foot is found on Westham Island, in the same type of Nike shoe as the foot found February 2. DNA tests later determine that both feet belonged to the same male

Nov 12, 2008

The 6th shoe -- a left New Balance running shoe -- was found about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday on the south arm of the Fraser River by a Richmond, British Columbia, couple, police said.

www.cnn.com...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lebowski achiever
I am leaning towards a serial killer who seems to leave a calling card. Why no other body parts? I find it very strange to say the least.

Supposing it is a killer then maybe it's because a foot in a boot would survive the wilds to be found, animals would find it harder to get at the fleash and stuff.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Jadette

I think it is the eighth find. A bit strange to say the least. I wonder if any match up.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
They do - two of them belong to the same man.

But as far as forensics can tell, none of them seem to have signs that they were 'sawed' off or anything.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Are they all in tough winter boots? Because maybe animals would gorge themselves on the rest of the body and then just not bother with the feet because they are difficult to get at.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Haha I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but weren't like, ALL of the other ones found in BC? On the other side of the country.
Are any of you guys aware of that? I mean, I apologize if you just think they are related regardless of the distance, but this is like if feet in shoes were being found in, say, New York. And then one in Alaska and suddenly everyone is like "OMG SERIAL KILLER SAME COUNTRY ETC ETC" BC and Quebec border 2 separate oceans.

Map

See? I mean, there isn't a very big chance these are related.
Plus nobody moves AWAY from BC. It's beautiful.

Edit to say:wow that link looks ugly and the naming thing didn't work, but it still goes to the right place.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by BiohazardsBack]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Oops, my mind sort of glossed over the location, I just assumed that it was in the same area. Well this turns it into a bit of a non-story then.

Or at least, a different one.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Yeah, Canada is pretty big. I can vouch for that being a 4-5 day drive, driving 10-12 hours + a day.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiohazardsBack
Haha I hate to burst everyone's bubble, but weren't like, ALL of the other ones found in BC? On the other side of the country.

Doah!

I just lined up a bit of paper on a google map, then I compared it to one incident happening in the very north of Scotland and ran it south.... Guess what? Another incident on that distance would be in somewhere around Algeria
(where's the face palm smile?)

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I said this was a serial killer from day one. The police up there do not want to scare people but its quite obvious someones running around hacking off feet. Serial killers travel around to avoid detection.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Memysabu]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Kind of interesting..
Soo..feet are being found. I wonder where the rest of them are???
Any mention at all of bodies found missing said feet??

Peace...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Memysabu
I said this was a serial killer from day one. The police up there do not want to scare people but its quite obvious someones running around hacking off feet. Serial killers travel around to avoid detection.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Memysabu]

Traveling would make finding you even easier- unless you wore different disguises and literally walked everywhere. If anyone sees you in two different places, they will make the connection.

top topics

join