It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran official accuses US over mosque bomb.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:51 AM
link   
>

Sooooooo, America did this bombing? One wouldn't be surprised.
One shall see if there will be presented some soild evidence, shall we..

A provincial official in Iran has accused the United States of being behind Thursday's bombing of a mosque that killed at least 19 people.

Jalal Sayah, deputy governor of Sistan-Baluchistan province, said three people had been arrested following the attack.

"According to the information we obtained they were hired by America and the agents of arrogance," he said.

Some 60 people were hurt in the attack during evening prayers at the mosque in Sistan-Baluchestan's capital, Zahedan.

The city is mainly Sunni Muslim and the remote province is one of the most deprived in this mostly Shia country.

It comes at a time of heightened political sensitivity nationally, with just over two weeks before the first round of the presidential election.

Here is another source.

Swiss Info link

Iran official blames U.S. in deadly mosque bombing

TEHRAN (Reuters) - A provincial official said on Friday those behind a mosque bombing that killed around 20 people in Iran had been hired by the United States, Tehran's arch-foe, a semi-official news agency reported.

Jalal Sayyah, at the governor's office in Sistan-Baluchestan province, said three people had been arrested in connection with Thursday evening's blast in a crowded mosque in the southeastern city of Zahedan, near Pakistan.

The explosion, which some Iranian news agencies say may have been a suicide bombing, took place on a religious holiday two weeks before the June 12 presidential election in the mainly Shi'ite Muslim country. More than 80 people were wounded.

It was the deadliest such bombing incident in the Islamic Republic in more than a decade. In April 2008, a blast in a mosque in the southern city of Shiraz killed 14 people.

"It has been confirmed that those behind the terrorist act in Zahedan were hired by America and the arrogance's other hands," Sayyah told Fars News Agency.

Iranian leaders, who often accuse the United States and its allies of seeking to destabilise it, refer to Washington as the "Great Satan" guilty of "global arrogance."

Iran says a Sunni rebel group, Jundollah (God's Soldiers), which has been operating in the border region is part of the Sunni Islamist al Qaeda network and has accused the United States and Britain of backing it.

The province is home to Iran's mostly Sunni ethnic Baluchis and it is scene of frequent clashes between security forces and heavily armed drugs smugglers and bandits.

"BLOOD OF THE OPPRESSED"

More links on the same , CIA seems to pop up alot .
April 29, 2009...10:17 am
‘Terror’ group in Iran linked to Mossad, CIA

Tehran says US-Israeli backed ‘terrorist’ network plotting to disrupt Iran’s June presidential election.

TEHRAN – Iran said on Tuesday that members of a “terrorist” network arrested for plotting bomb attacks aimed at disrupting its June presidential election were linked to the US and Israeli spy agencies.

“Beside having links to (Israel’s) Mossad, these people who sought to cause problems for the election had links to the US intelligence service (the CIA),” deputy Tehran prosecutor Hassan Haddad was quoted as saying by the ISNA news agency.

Iran had announced on Sunday the arrest of the network, which Haddad said was made up of three main defendants and four accomplices.

The arrests were based on charges of “cooperating with terrorist groups, acting against (national) security,” he said, adding that more than 100 kilogrammes (220 pounds) of explosives were also seized.

Bombers behind deadly Iranian blast 'hired by US'
[edit on 29-5-2009 by ChemBreather]

Posted 14 minutes ago

A provincial official in south-eastern Iran says the people behind a bomb attack on a mosque this morning were hired by the United States.

The blast killed at least 23 people and injured another 125.

The bomb caused major damage at a Shiite Muslim Mosque while worshippers were gathered for evening prayers on a religious holiday.

It happened in the city of Zahedan, the capital of Sistan-Baluchestan province. It is an area troubled by violent gangs of drug smugglers and by insurgents who come from Sunni Muslim community.

But the Deputy Governor of the province accused the attackers of being mercenaries hired by the United States.

He said three of them had already been captured.

It is a common accusation from the Iranians and the fact of this case may never be known.

- BBC

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by ChemBreather

I was in the middle of the Witch Creek Fire, San Diego '07. I hereby formally accuse Iran of starting that fire, and burning all our houses down! They used sleeper cells and did so in their Islamic arrogance. I know I used to be a clown, what is their excuse? That they are currently clowns?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

Sleeper cells, do you think they are 'activated' by MindControl ??

I found more ..
Maybe Us. needed an civil war for some 'agenda' ?
Mosque Bombing: Who Benefits? Iran Blames U.S.

''February 23, 2006
The Independent ''

Iraq took a lethal step closer to disintegration and civil war yesterday after a devastating attack on one of the country's holiest sites. The destruction of the golden-domed Shia shrine in Samarra sparked a round of bloody sectarian retaliation in which up to 60 Sunni mosques were attacked and scores of people were killed or injured.

The bomb attack has enraged the majority Shia population, who regard the shrine in the same way that Roman Catholics view St Peter's in Rome.

( I just saw something in the sky, hope the Pictures pans out..
:puz

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   
oh god, they cant be serious. haha
Im sorry, but if We were to bomb anything, it would make a much bigger boom, and not only that, it would be somewhere where it would actually make a difference. Its all Americas fault! blame the Americans!
Come on now Iran, if you really wanna stage a false flag, then do it proerly =) this is just too see through.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
Im sorry, but if We were to bomb anything, it would make a much bigger boom, and not only that, it would be somewhere where it would actually make a difference. Its all Americas fault! blame the Americans!
Come on now Iran, if you really wanna stage a false flag, then do it proerly =) this is just too see through.

USA has been supporting kurd terrorist and other separtists elements in Iran since the 1979 revolution ., they even supported saddam against iran

check out ,mike ruppert Iran contra scandal , it shows CIA sponsors terror in iran by drug money

[edit on 29-5-2009 by Kombatt98]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

You don't need to kill a chicken in the chicken coop to spook all the chickens.

put a little American hate in there, throw around a little Iranian hate in the US and before you know it, you have people calling for the blood of the other.

some may find it strange that a terrorist plot was foiled in the US by people who couldn't even obtain a gun liscence let alone an anti aircraft weapon.

all smoke and mirrors before the main feature starts

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I knew this would happen! I wonder if this has a tie in with the upcoming Iranian election? They blame this on the US, Ahmadiajead says he'll "pay us back", and then he wins in a landslide.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:24 AM
link   

It really depends upon which presidential candidate has the most to gain from this attack. If Ahmadinejad has the most to gain, then I'd call it a false flag. If one of the more liberal candidates has the most to gain, then I can totally see US involvement. On the other hand this accusation turns this for sure in favour of Ahmadinejad, but it could be that the US attempt backfired.

Wouldn't be the first time US got involved (via CIA) in other countries' domestic politics and failed miserably.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
I knew this would happen! I wonder if this has a tie in with the upcoming Iranian election? They blame this on the US, Ahmadiajead says he'll "pay us back", and then he wins in a landslide.

admadiajed is a fool and this blast will prove that he's incompetent , seems to me USA is trying destabilse Iran

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Im not saying the US did it but intelligence agencies the world over are renowned for these kind of stunts... so its really not that far fetched. If the dudes weren't caught, it could cause a sunni / shi'ite conflict..

To be honest though, it smells like the Iranians are taking through their asses.. this could be an attempt to create false flag propaganda..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Im not saying the US did it but intelligence agencies the world over are renowned for these kind of stunts... so its really not that far fetched. If the dudes weren't caught, it could cause a sunni / shi'ite conflict..

To be honest though, it smells like the Iranians are taking through their asses.. this could be an attempt to create false flag propaganda..

what do you mean ?

I have doubts this could be iran false flag , Iran has too much to lose with such false flag , mass rioting and civil war could happen . only USA benefits from a weak and fragmented iran which will be easy to conquer

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kombatt98

admadiajed is a fool and this blast will prove that he's incompetent , seems to me USA is trying destabilse Iran

Dude, you can't even spell his name. Looks to me like you've fallen victim to jewish media's smear campaign. Ahmadinejad is for sure very intelligent, there's no question about that. I don't agree with his policies at all thou. Well other than the anti-zionism stuff, that I support fully!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rhinoceros

I would think that if the US was going to do this in Iran, it'd only be done if Ahmedinajad would benefit from it. Regardless of what the politicians say, I believe they like him being the president as it would give them an opportunity to attack in the future.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by rhinoceros

Dude, you can't even spell his name. Looks to me like you've fallen victim to jewish media's smear campaign. Ahmadinejad is for sure very intelligent, there's no question about that. I don't agree with his policies at all thou. Well other than the anti-zionism stuff, that I support fully!

no , i have seen Ahmadinejad's policies and they haven't been successful .
and i am anti-zionist too . there is a lot of propaganda against admadinjad in jew controlled american-western media . but overall he has been unsuccessful in handling unemployment and economic woes of Iran .

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Read here :

Ray Mcgovern says US in most danger ever, from its own government.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Former CIA analyst a and presidential advisor Ray McGovern does not rule out Western involvement in this week's Askariya mosque bombing in light of previous false flag operations that have advanced hidden agendas of the ruling elite.

During the mid-eighties, McGovern was one of the senior analysts conducting early morning briefings of the PDB one-on-one with the Vice President, the Secretaries of State and Defense, the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, and the Assistant to the President for National Security Affairs.

He joined Alex Jones to discuss many topics from martial law to government false flag terrorism and provocation tactics.

McGovern firstly suggested that Posse Comitatus, the law that forbids the military to take on a policing role within the US, is being systematically overthrown.

"Not only have the top ranks of the intelligence community been politicized and corrupted, so has the army. The military establishment is goose stepping around, saluting the President and saying whatever the President wants them to."

A former officer himself, McGovern declared that the unprecedented movement towards a martial law mentality within government and military is a deeply unsettling one and that the US is hurtling toward a dictatorship.

"As I look at the top Pentagon brass, I have to conclude that unlike my days as a US army officer, those folks have been so politicized that if the US President told them to go ahead and exercise police functions in this country they would go ahead and salute and they would do it, and that's really scary."

Moving on to the "war on terror", 27 year veteran McGovern concurred that staged terror has long been used by our governments in order to forward their own agendas at home and elsewhere:

"There's lots of evidence that the government in the past has used these things for its own purposes, for overthrowing governments, as it did in Iran in 1953, and in Guatemala in 1954, the Gulf of Tonkin was a little different...LBJ did deceive Congress and the war went on for seven years."

World Prout Assembly

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by octotom

Well that's another way to look at it. However the USA is never going to attack Iran because if they did 10 largest cities of Israel would burn to the ground. But yeah, maybe USA wants an "evil" Iran they can point their finger at. You know, to justify massive military spending in the future too. USA also wants to stay in Iraq forever. There's a lot of oil that needs to be guarded. So yeah, evil Iran makes a nice excuse for this too..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   

what do you mean ?

In order to rally the Iranian people even more against the US, the West and Israel for what ever reasons..

I have doubts this could be iran false flag , Iran has too much to lose with such false flag , mass rioting and civil war could happen . only USA benefits from a weak and fragmented iran which will be easy to conquer

Thats why I find it so easy to believe that the US COULD do it.. It makes perfect sense..

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

you should see "spy game". the movie.

it'll give you a good idea of the sort of things the CIA does.

they are little bastards.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

Yes, Divide and Conquer. An iran in civil war an chaos and unrest would be Ez to take over , if that is an coming plan ...

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Yeah I suppose we can't ignore the sunni - shia dimension. An US attempt to start a civil war in Iran? Doubt that would last long. For every sunni there are 9 shia. Unlike in Iraq there's no history of conflict between the two groups.

Iran shia - sunni

90% / 10%

Iraq shia - sunni

60% / 40%

[edit on 29-5-2009 by rhinoceros]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join