It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

He has proof(a video) that he has traveled to the future and seen his self as an old man

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac Tanner Madsen

Originally posted by peacejet
I have seen this video before, and I am really awe struck by it. But one thing confuses me, if he sees himself in the future and gets back into the past, wont it affect his future(think of the sci-fi movies related to time travel, you will get my point).

Technically no, because this would merely create an alternate reality. Nonetheless, without an explanation of how he returned and a better description of his story, I remain skeptical of this one. The older man in this video could have easily been his father, an older brother, or a look-a-like he met and became friends with, and they decided to get the same tattoo... a fully realistic idea and more plausible explanation for the video.

This being a clear joke fake what ever! Isaac You say technically no? create an alternative reality I have yet to read you theory related to time travel and affects It would have on The space/time it affected If it created an alternative realitly then where exactly would that occur that would propose infinte realitys and space to hold those realitys that would not work in any type of balance which is required in physics?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It is a very interesting video but until someone comes back with some proof like exact places and dates of things to come, then I'm going to be hard pressed to believe any time travelers.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sundancer
It is a very interesting video but until someone comes back with some proof like exact places and dates of things to come, then I'm going to be hard pressed to believe any time travelers.

NO ONE WILL COME BACK WITH PROOF.

Its just a stupid advertisement series.

Linky to Forsman and Bodenfors - From the production agency that made the video.

/kill thread for the 15th time or something

[edit on 28-5-2009 by merka]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyb182

Physics, perhaps yes. But metaphysics, no. Clearly your understanding of the time travel topic is sub-par, but at this point without clear evidence to support anyone's claims of time-travel, it's just science fiction. The metaphysical concepts that alternative realities are based on are clearly supported by scientific research on the other hand.

Try this thread for instance.

The point is that the only way time travel could be possible if if parallel/alternate universes existed. Try looking up "multiverse theory" sometime. You might just find it enlightening. Or not. Perhaps you'll find it drull, unrealistic, and foolhardy. Either way, it doesn't really bother me. I find the topic fascinating, though I don't particularly find myself interested in attempting time travel any time soon. Especially under a leaky sink. That seems one of the least likely places to explore the subject, and I do realize that this video is about 99.999999% likely to be a hoax.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
However, I guess I must clarify obviously, it is both a yes and no answer, because in one instance, that future has already happened. In another instance, that future may never happen at all simply because this person no longer exists after that point of time. In a third instance, of course his future will change and perhaps in that future he'll never even meet his past self. Yet in a more interesting turn of events, perhaps he'll return to an alternate universe where he never existed in the first place. I imagine that would be somewhat problematic, but not entirely implausible assuming that time travel is in fact possible and that alternate realities are in fact the reality. But of course then comes the question of whether in an alternate reality somewhere in time and space, alternate realities do not exist. Now that, my friends, would pose a real problem to the theory... but suppose for a second that that alternate reality was in fact, our reality. Then it would be absolutely impossible for us to prove or disprove the theory, which would then explain why we have yet to do so.

[edit on 29 May 09 by Isaac Tanner Madsen]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I was more interested in how he got back to the present.. .which it never stated

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isaac Tanner Madsen
reply to post by jonnyb182

Physics, perhaps yes. But metaphysics, no. Clearly your understanding of the time travel topic is sub-par, but at this point without clear evidence to support anyone's claims of time-travel, it's just science fiction. The metaphysical concepts that alternative realities are based on are clearly supported by scientific research on the other hand.

Try this thread for instance.

The point is that the only way time travel could be possible if if parallel/alternate universes existed. Try looking up "multiverse theory" sometime. You might just find it enlightening. Or not. Perhaps you'll find it drull, unrealistic, and foolhardy. Either way, it doesn't really bother me. I find the topic fascinating, though I don't particularly find myself interested in attempting time travel any time soon. Especially under a leaky sink. That seems one of the least likely places to explore the subject, and I do realize that this video is about 99.999999% likely to be a hoax.

Time Is merely man made as we cannot measure it properly we can say that was 1 second which would apply to us in that space we were present at a measure that would apply to our understanding. What I was reffering to was your qoute " Technically" As if what you are claiming to be fact or proved? Also time is not constant so idea seems a little out what if time like gravity can bend twist etc? Oh and I agree my understanding of time travel is well below par as was einsteins and your own. Metaphysics is a very tricky subject and is completly uncharted territory. Cheers for some good const crit J.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:06 AM
link   
If I went into even the near future I would be ashes in an urn. I've got allot of years of reading people and this guy looks for real. His gestures and eyes seem sincere. I one who believes if you can imagine it it can happen or probably has already. Maybe he was in a parallel universe and not just in the future. Very interesting. Thanks for the post. Flag and star

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Hi I absolutely refuse to read all the previous posts saying that this is an advert I'm going to blindly press ahead with my string vest theory on time travel etc yadayada

ATS never fails to impress in the ability to create 20 page threads which were cleared up around post 4/5, here's to the next 17 pages ..hip hip hussah!

PS. I had a good laugh at the poster who said he must have a neck tougher than a jockeys bullocks - that was hilarious!

Have a great weekend all

berth

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by cautiouslypessimistic

I don't know if it is true or hoax but I do know that a person's nose and ears continue to grow through their lifetime.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Resisting the urge to post in all caps...

Does anyone actually READ responses to the OP before peeing in their pants and firing off the first exaltation that comes to mind? For heaven's sake!!!

I wondered first off who held the phone/camera in the future before posting. Then I read all of the subsequent responses and saved myself from looking like a trigger-happy _________ .

Mods, thread should be closed/moved...

/raises hand

Dropping out.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Please stop discussing this video right now to avoid making yourselves look stupid.

This is an advertisement by the swedish company AMF Pension. They ran an entire campaign about people meeting themselves in the future, to get people to think about how their lives will be when they're old.

This has been aired on swedish televeision, i have seen it myself as i am swedish, and i always laugh at people who think this is a real testimony to time travel.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Ya know, it's amazing to me. Many people(myself included) had not seen this video. So they asked some questions and researched a little, found out what it was, and that's that.

Yet some of the posters who have been on here for a while and saw it two ytears ago or whatever think it is their duty to come, be snotty, call names, and insult the people who hadn't seen it. Do you all feel entitled because you have been on this board longer? Have you never had to research something that you hadn't seen to find out the truth on it?

Get over yourselves.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
This is a hoax, it was for a viral ad

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I'm at a loss for words and cannot fully describe my thoughts (id be banned) on why someone would even for a minute believe this is real. I guess They just leave this thread here to make sure the kids know its fake right?

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
After looking at the video closely, I'm fairly certain these are two different individuals. The shape of the nose, size of the ears and mouth all differ, and the older man's tattoo is quite a bit bigger.

Now, tattoo's can stretch, but when they do, they show it. The older man's shows no signs of skin stretching.

Just my two cents.

In total agreement i noticed that that the tattoos are not the same the older mans is definitely larger also is taller than him look at there shoulders maybe in the future things just got bigger and instead of shrinking this guy continued to grow as he got older.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by cautiouslypessimistic
I believe in free will, and therefore cannot believe in time travel. Afterall, if we can travel into the future, right now has already happened. Meaning anything and everything you do has already been done and is void of choice.

Unfortunately, that assumes you understand time travel, which no one understands. It may be possible or it may not be possible. Free will may be irrelevant if it doesn't work the way you were thinking.

Video is probably fake though.

[edit on 29-5-2009 by GrayFox]

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
ok so maybe this guy's dad looks a lot like him and they both got the same tattoo. or maybe he's telling the truth. i think it's a hoax though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join