It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should there be an ATS plan, in case the SHTF? Like a survivors colony?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It depends upon what kind of S hits what kind of fan. Me, I'm bug-inner, not a bug-outer for most scenarios. I've enough room and resources to to stay put, my area is defensible, and I've folks to can't travel well. I have a broad-ranging library with useful knowledge: medical, gardening, survival, chemistry, etc.

So for me it would be a question of who I would find acceptable and would be useful. In a bad situation being acceptable includes the ability to follow orders. If you want to join me you must accept my leadership. I've read far too many posts by idle fantasizers who would be worse than useless in a pinch, and I'll not endanger those I'm already responsible for by allowing idiots in, especially self-righteous ones who want an unearned vote. If you are competent, pleasant, and willing to share the work and resources, your voice will soon begin to carry weight of its own.

I already have a cluster of fairly sensible friends and family who will rendezvous here in case of trouble. They help with the veggie gardens, chores, and add resources: one has asked permission to rebuild the chicken coop on his own dime and time. Permission granted and honors bestowed: when it's done, he gets to put up a plaque naming it after himself, lol. Another has been adding solar lights. Still others help digging the well and deepening the garden plots. We discuss this sort thing on a fairly regular basis, identifying trends for each other, sharing good finds of equipment, products, and knowledge. We've talked about the advisability of bugging out to the nearby hills and mountains or further, but keep returning to the fact that we're already in a pretty good spot: sea to the front, behind hills; mountains above and below; desert behind. The local regional population is better educated and more cosmopolitan than average. So it would take some pretty bad SHTF to get us to leave prepared ground.

We could support up to forty folks here in a pinch, although twenty would be more comfortable. More people means better defenses, but lower living standards. There's a few ATS'ers I'd welcome quickly enough, some few I'd probably fire a warning shot at, and some, most really, who'd have to work hard to convince me they were worth adding to the tribe. If things start looking bad (crap, how low have we sunk? things already look terribly grim) U2U me, you might be one of the lucky ones I like.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
I just thought of something...

What if we ARE the NWO?

What if there is some TriLateralBurgerBohemianPentavirate forum somewhere on the DarkSkyNet where a bunch of lizards are sitting around speculating on the existence of ATS?

I am really liking the forehead/right hand tattoo and RFID chip idea.

Oh My God, that's the Ultimate ATS conspiracy!

Will try and see if I can find that site!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by kiwifoot

They call 2012 the end of the Mayan calendar, not the end of the world. Of course a similar prediction was made for the same year, in Asia and around the same time as the Mayan prediction so that does add some credence to the fear.

However, if an end does occur, it doesn't necessarily mean an end to humanity on any level. It could mean something weird like a massive change to the star and constellation patterns which would change how all calendars were made prior to computers. It could also mean a Magnetic Poll Reversal which would affect the Earth's rotational and orbital patterns changing the conditions on which our calendars are developing.

If the fear mongers are right then my answer to your question is YES! Having a rally point is a great idea and lends a greater chance for the human race to survive. Of course you would want to limit membership to the non-diseased, hard workers. And exclude any group whose only interest is to dominate with violence a fear but then that would mean you would have to be able to fight and kill to keep your sanctuary safe. You may even have to fight your own government.

ATS is a great way to get the word out and to designate rally points in advance. Tell as many people as you can so they know to invite doctors, farmers, hunters, cooks, laborers from every trade and more. This is what will separate our survival from that of animals, our ability to prepare. In 2010 begin to stock up on canned foods, MREs and buy land outside of towns or cities. This kind of preparation can only help our chances and will NEVER hurt.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We should totally live in a pizza hut, so we can just eat all the pizza we want and be like, wow I'm kinda happy this stuff happened now I get lots of pizza!

No, but seriously the best bet would be to find a place where there is lots of food/resources! (make sure its far inland too) because the tsunami's might happen at any time.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by xGunthrux]

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by tiredoflooking
I'm pretty new here but of course I have a plan already in place for this situation we all know is coming. I already live in the middle of nowhere (I would hope all that can get out of large city centers and do the same) I have supplies, generator, gas, weapons with plenty of ammo, water food etc. etc. I mean our Canadian government had commercials on T.V. telling people to get together a survival kit to be prepared for 72 hour survival (translation) prepare for 3 years survival if we are smart. Everyone better already have a plan and supplies... of course there will be no electricity for communication or computers...we all better learn smoke signals and I'm not kidding!

also in Canada, thought those commercials were a little odd when I first noticed them. Have you asked anyone abouth them? I have and people just look at me like i got two heads. Where in Canada are you?

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
IMHO in any scenario where TSHTF ie: WWIII, Pllanet X NWO etc.. the best place to go would be where no one else already is. Northern anywhere would work temporarily and then a move to warmer area as a group. A group should consist of people with specific skill set sets.
builders, construction, engineer ( shelter )
hunter, fisherman, biologist, botanist ( food )

You probably get what I mean. Of the people that are interested they should post the skill set they already have and then they should refine it over the next little while. There will be a need to communicate HAM radio will be the first available system even if aliens show up so a getting a frequency we would all share would be good. Identification would be needed so like minded individuals would know each other could be something easy to show each other but not so easy that it could be faked after TPTB figure it out. A progressive numerical system starting on a specific date and simply adding 1 the first day then 2 the next then 3 the third and so on so only people that were made aware of the starting number would know the actual number could work.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
TEOTWAWKI scenario,

Any ATS members can find me by checking for a massage giving a meeting place. 35º28'46.80N 117º40'59.88W
It will be written on the north side wall of the radar dome building

There will be a message on where to go from there to a site that i can contact you and its also a place where anyone with basic survival skills can survive for months.

But its not my base camp. You would only see that after i checked you out.

Under different SitXs i have plans to go different places.

That is why i have a massage sites that can be found to tell Friends where to look for me.
There message will be there some where but in code.

I most likely will be busy doing my SITX salvage. So i may be busy for 90 to 180 days.

other message sites
35º52'1787N 117º52'58.47W under highway north side "for messages to me".

35º 48'06.97N 117º 18.34W on north side water tank.

35º 41'41.24N 117º 52'02.01W under overpass north side.

[edit on 30-5-2009 by ANNED]

[edit on 31-5-2009 by ANNED]

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

lmao i think i could pretty much keep myself from killing any-body
but i'm positive i'd want to ,and i'd know who they were
the very first day. lol lmao

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

also in Canada, thought those commercials were a little odd when I first noticed them. Have you asked anyone abouth them? I have and people just look at me like i got two heads. Where in Canada are you?

I'm in Canada and I asked my MP about them one day and he said they started the program because of the Quebec Ice Storms and how completely unprepaired most people had been for even 12 hours without power.

I notice most people don't even remember seeing the adds, it's like their brains can' process the idea that you could be on your own for days. Some people I know at work talk like the gov't will save them the instant something bad happens.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

I'm in Ontario, but probably saw the commercials on sat feed T.V... I read somewhere else here somebody speaking about the ice storms in Quebec surely a good explaination but really I think they realize how unprepared most people are for any mishap. It is true most people are totally unprepared, I hope people listened to the commercial because our lovely government will not be there to help us. (they will all be safe in their nearest D.U.M.B *LOL*) I have been concerned ever since the 48 hour blackout we had a few years back and I went to a friend's house for the duration, this friend was well prepared and it sure made me open my eyes to do the same.

[edit on 1-6-2009 by tiredoflooking]

[edit on 1-6-2009 by tiredoflooking]

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I think this idea is interesting in a way. Although, I agree that most ATSers have such a strong mind for what they believe and what is right and wrong, they probably would kill each other in a fairly short amount of time! I would have to be very selective with my choice of roomies! Nice thought though!

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I am not really religious or anything but seriously

if SitX happens pretty much everyone in harms way will have no chances, and those who survive will wish they hadnt

so honestly the only possible legit protection , in theory, is "God" or whatever you want to call "It"

so make your conclave within yourself, and find peace with whatever you find to be the truth within - that is an impregnable fortress of which no disaster can befall

what better plan would you need?

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 04:16 AM
link   
if ya'll plan on meetin somewere and ya talk about it on here it'll be no secret.

im just gonna join my friends that are aware of whats about to happen

and be gone

i would never go into details...

[edit on 6-6-2009 by whateverponcho]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
When the S starts HTF, anyone near Pittsburgh can feel free to meet me on top of the USX Steel building. I will have extra lawn chairs, but it's BYOB.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by jd140
You really want all ATS members to meet and live in our own colony?

If that happened I predict we would kill each other within a month.

Lmao, so true.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
uhh not a good idea at all! we cant agree on how ats should be layed out let alone how we all Should survive and who runs the sh#$#

[edit on 11-6-2009 by paradiselost333]

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Since I have no family, no spouse, no one at all, I'll let them take me to the camps. I just dont care any more.. However:

If you are all worried about how to pull this off with secret handshakes or whatever, why dont you like minded people get a secure site or something, and instead of secret handshakes or the 'shave and a haircut' knock, think about something a little more solid? Like a token, coin, or inscribed something or other? If you're concerned with security, dont share whatever design you decide upon. Make it out of paper, put it on a piece of metal, ect. Make it into jewelry, if you want. Keep it safe and secure with you at all times.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jun, 11 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
i want Pa, ohio, and tennessee, so i dont have to go too far.

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by exile1981

Originally posted by Tentickles
I call leadership and organization of the Houston Colony.

Meet at the Imperial Sugar Factory when I give the signal.

The only thing worse would be if someone suggested one of the FEMA camps as a meeting place.

Think about that last statement for a moment... If we (ATS'ers) as a society are to survive then there is a NEED for a few individuals on the "inside" of the FEMA camps... After the dust clears and things settle down somewhat, an organized "revolution" would clearly be a possibility and probability with the NWO and PTB. There will be role in this for everyone...although not clearly defined as yet...Every Man, Woman and child will know their..."true calling".

posted on Jun, 12 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wylekat
Since I have no family, no spouse, no one at all, I'll let them take me to the camps. I just dont care any more.. However:

If you are all worried about how to pull this off with secret handshakes or whatever, why dont you like minded people get a secure site or something, and instead of secret handshakes or the 'shave and a haircut' knock, think about something a little more solid? Like a token, coin, or inscribed something or other? If you're concerned with security, dont share whatever design you decide upon. Make it out of paper, put it on a piece of metal, ect. Make it into jewelry, if you want. Keep it safe and secure with you at all times.

Just my 2 cents.

All fine idea's and suggestions... and perhaps you have defined your role in the upcoming scenario...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join