It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no more remakes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is being remade, without the original cast or Joss Whedon. Like the original movie was a masterpiece.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Why does every remake of a classic suddenly become a teen orientated, badly acted, over hyped , CGI infested nightmare.

For gods sake... If you're gonna remake the horror classic 'THE THING' , please , please, please don't use CGI. Don't have any teen actors.

The magic was in the effects, the acting and more importantly the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Wow I cant believe they are remaking RHPS, that should NEVER be remade!!

Should have never been made in the first place, lol.... (and this is from a guy who dressed as the Arab Transylvanian and did the Time Warp in front of over 3000 people (including our Governor...though he was a State Senator at the time)....

Tim Burton + Alice in Wonderland = Movie equivalent of an acid trip....

That will be something....

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Now if Tim Burton did a remake of Rocky Horror...

I do agree with the remaking of movies for the teen audience. Unfortunately, they are the ones who are the bulk of the movie audience. Most adults do not want to spend $12.50 ($16.50 for those 3D movies) a person and even more at the concession stand unless it is worth it.

I wonder if sequels should be considered in this rant?

Terminator 5 and a sequel to Hangover are also in the works before the others were released (although I doubt Terminator 5 will be made given the lackluster performance of the current $200 million plus budgeted movie now).

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
They are now going to remake the ultimate horror classic: "Bride of Frankenstein".

This is sacrilege to us classic horror film buffs.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have just heard they are remaking TJ Hooker into a movie. TJ HOOKER!!! Like that show was a masterpiece. I guess it is easier to remake shows than find an idea for oneself anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
TRON is going to be a sequel and not a remake. The bits and pieces they have been showing around the networks and internet look great.

The movie "Fame" has a remake coming out this fall.

"Escape From New York" is being remade. I really like the original and wish they would leave it alone. The low budget and real action make it stand out from the usual CGI stuff that is coming out.

<< 1   >>

join