It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no more remakes!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I was reading online today and it looks like they are remaking BTVS the movie. Well I have one problem with that, it says Joss Whedon is not involved, but then it says "yet." Now BTVS is my FAV show ever lol and I cant imagine a new show or movie without him. He was the creator of Buffy! I hope Kuzui (the producer) asks him to work on it! Kuzui's company has been with Buffy from day one so she has got to know that fans will not be happy if he is not involved. I know this sounds silly all over a movie but I dont want them to make another one and see it fail and I feel it will without him. I have already read a few blogs with upset fans..lol I dont want Buffy ruined!!! If they do it without him they better do it right!

theunclean.com...

Another remake I saw coming was "Flight of the Navigator," now that is one of my favorite movies as a child having to do with aliens/ufo's. It didnt do well in theaters but did really well when released on VHS. I remember getting the VHS when I was little and loving it!! I have no idea why anyone would want to remake this, it wasnt really a hit until after and it hasnt been played on tv in years and it's was GREAT the first time!!!

Why are people remaking things that dont need it:?!! Do they not have their own creative mind to go on?? Remakes IMO are not necessary! Yeah I know they make companies a lot of money but it just annoys me! There have been some good remakes and some bad ones that made the original seem bad after. I would love to see a movie that hasnt been done already and then maybe I'll spend 10 dollars to watch it....lol

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Oh heck no...Flight of the Navigator remake? uh uh...

-Kyo

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Well, if they are going to remake a movie, it might as well be a tepid box office release such as "Flight of the Navigator".

Other remakes they are doing:

Clash of the Titans
They Live
Footloose
Rocky Horror Picture Show
I Dream of Jeannie
The A Team

Hollywood has officially run out of ideas. All the movies released in May so far have been sequels, prequels, and remakes. Up is a Pixar movie, and they follow the same plot with different cartoon animals (or objects). The only original movie is a low budget horror movie coming out.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Wow I cant believe they are remaking RHPS, that should NEVER be remade!! Yeah ir sure does seen Hollywood has no original ideas anymore. They have officially hired idiots at their studios with no real creative value whatsoever. I am a big movie buff but lately I havent wanted to really see anything. Everything is just a redo. I also read they remaking The Karate Kid with Will Smiths son and Nightmare on Elm Street without Robert Englund which is just nuts!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Oh this has to STOP! I just read they are remaking another one of my favs which doesnt need to be remade! Girls Just Want to Have Fun! NOOOOOO! I love that movie. My friend and I just watched it Sunday while cooking for the Memorial Day party. Please stop this crap Hollywood!

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Some remakes are ok though---"Texas chainsaw Massacre" was miles better than the original.
Mmmm----oops can't think of any more

Yep you're right, remakes suck !!!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
You're right--some movies should never be remade. Some things just can't be improved on, and some things were dumb to begin with and were bad enough the first time around. Having said that, I just watched the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still last night, and having low expectations, I was pleasantly surprised, and found it very entertaining. Not as classy as the original though...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Charis
You're right--some movies should never be remade. Some things just can't be improved on, and some things were dumb to begin with and were bad enough the first time around. Having said that, I just watched the remake of The Day the Earth Stood Still last night, and having low expectations, I was pleasantly surprised, and found it very entertaining. Not as classy as the original though...

I saw that a couple of weeks ago---man Keanu was dire in it.
Luckily I only paid £3 for the ordeal

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by uk today

Yeah TCM was one of my favorite remakes! I also didnt mind Rob Zombies "Halloween." It just seems lately there isnt an original idea out there!

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Yeah TCM was one of my favorite remakes! I also didnt mind Rob Zombies "Halloween." It just seems lately there isnt an original idea out there!

Have you seen the remake of "friday the 13th????
I missed it but I'm sure it was by the same guy who did TCM, so might be worth checkin out.

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Haa I actually saw this on Valentines Day with a friend since my BF had to work. I actually liked it and so did my friend. We both love horror movies and are very critical of their remakes and we were surprised we liked it. Predictable as usual but good.

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

Haa I actually saw this on Valentines Day with a friend since my BF had to work. I actually liked it and so did my friend. We both love horror movies and are very critical of their remakes and we were surprised we liked it. Predictable as usual but good.

Cheers for that--I'll get hold of a copy asap.
Really cheesed off I missed that 1 at the cinema, plus I think it had Jared Padlecki in (out of supernatural) so even more of a bonus

posted on Jun, 1 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
They are remaking the cult children's show "Isis" (aka "The Secret of Isis"). I watched episodes of this one, and it wasn't that bad of a show.

Also, a new SHAZAM! movie has been in the works, although that would be an improvement on that piece of garbage TV show from the 1970s.

There have been plans to do a remake of "The Munsters" for the big screen, but they have been on and off for a while.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 07:32 AM
link   
They need to hurry and make Thor,they need to make Gigantor.

They need to NOT!!! and I do mean NOT!!! make another Saw,Jason,Wish Master,Hell Raiser,or Halloween

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
They are remaking TRON and have just announced a remake of "Total Recall". I guess they are running out of movies from the 1980s, so they are starting to remake movies from the 1990s.

They also have a new version of "Alice In Wonderland", but that is a Tim Burton movie and should be an interesting take on the tale.

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
most remakes are just BAD

posted on Jun, 3 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

They are remaking TRON?! Wow. I wish someone creative would make movies. I dont like seeing ones I have already seen. Nothing to be excited about really when a movie is remade.

posted on Jun, 4 2009 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Some remakes can actually be ok, but most of them are pretty horrible. I think for the most part they should leave it alone. It is hard to come up with anything new though, audiences are becoming increasingly bored with movies to a point where they forget the entertainment aspect of it, and will spend to much time trying to break it down and point out what is wrong with it. Take movies that are based off of books (i.e Harry Potter, Da Vinci Code/Angels & Demons, etc) and people fly off the handle if the movies and the books aren't 100% identicial! For one, that's impossible unless you want to sit through a 6 hour movie, and I actually like rewrites in the movie version, keeps it fresh and a little less predicatable. I guess this also can go with remakes, of course they wouldn't be good as the original, but it is unfair to compare something that was a hit in it's time to the ridiculously high standards now.

posted on Jun, 5 2009 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Get your barf bags out, John Stamos is thinking of taking Full House to the big screen. It may be time to pass a law forbidding TV shows from becoming movies.

posted on Jun, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Oh lord! I just read about this and was like wtf!??! There are so many remakes coming out from the 80's it is a little ridiculous. I read about another 80's remake but cant remember which one it was, since there are so many!!
Some are good but the majority are not!

<<   2 >>

join