It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no more remakes!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Buffy the Vampire Slayer is being remade, without the original cast or Joss Whedon. Like the original movie was a masterpiece.

posted on Jun, 7 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Why does every remake of a classic suddenly become a teen orientated, badly acted, over hyped , CGI infested nightmare.

For gods sake... If you're gonna remake the horror classic 'THE THING' , please , please, please don't use CGI. Don't have any teen actors.

The magic was in the effects, the acting and more importantly the atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Wow I cant believe they are remaking RHPS, that should NEVER be remade!!

Should have never been made in the first place, lol.... (and this is from a guy who dressed as the Arab Transylvanian and did the Time Warp in front of over 3000 people (including our Governor...though he was a State Senator at the time)....

Tim Burton + Alice in Wonderland = Movie equivalent of an acid trip....

That will be something....

[edit on 8-6-2009 by Gazrok]

posted on Jun, 8 2009 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Now if Tim Burton did a remake of Rocky Horror...

I do agree with the remaking of movies for the teen audience. Unfortunately, they are the ones who are the bulk of the movie audience. Most adults do not want to spend $12.50 ($16.50 for those 3D movies) a person and even more at the concession stand unless it is worth it.

I wonder if sequels should be considered in this rant?

Terminator 5 and a sequel to Hangover are also in the works before the others were released (although I doubt Terminator 5 will be made given the lackluster performance of the current $200 million plus budgeted movie now).

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
They are now going to remake the ultimate horror classic: "Bride of Frankenstein".

This is sacrilege to us classic horror film buffs.

posted on Jul, 14 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I have just heard they are remaking TJ Hooker into a movie. TJ HOOKER!!! Like that show was a masterpiece. I guess it is easier to remake shows than find an idea for oneself anymore.

posted on Jul, 28 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
TRON is going to be a sequel and not a remake. The bits and pieces they have been showing around the networks and internet look great.

The movie "Fame" has a remake coming out this fall.

"Escape From New York" is being remade. I really like the original and wish they would leave it alone. The low budget and real action make it stand out from the usual CGI stuff that is coming out.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join