It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stylish Barcelona take United's crown

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:13 PM
link   
sorry for the MU fans but today Barcelona was playing the fantastic game.
congrats for the Barca team.

www.uefa.com...=15280/match=302813/report=rp.html

"FC Barcelona were crowned European champions for a third time – and the second in four seasons – as a vibrant display of pass and move, capped by goals in either half from Samuel Eto'o and Lionel Messi, defeated Manchester United FC in Rome."

I can imagine the Rome tommorrow. Manchester supporters are going to make the really big mess tonight there.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
GOOD!! I hate Man U and to see Ronaldo spit his dummy out once again is the icing on the cake.

I'm a Liverpool fan (as if you didn't know by my opening line) so I'm looking forward for Tevez to play with Torres next year. Also looking forward to seeing Ronaldo in a Real Madrid kit too.

Fair play to Barca, they looked cautious in the first 9 minutes, scored and were like "naaaah these are Ok against poor teams... but not us" from there Man U were pwned.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

Tevez is my fovourite player in MU. and Ronaldo is a big BS. I like Liverpool as well. I hope they are going to get to final with BARCA NEXT YEAR.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by czacza1
reply to post by RenDMC

Tevez is my fovourite player in MU. and Ronaldo is a big BS. I like Liverpool as well. I hope they are going to get to final with BARCA NEXT YEAR.

I have so much respect for Barca, I went to the Nou Camp about 5 years ago and compared to the Premier League Stadia there reallly is no comparison....

The tour of it is amazin and the trophy room is something else. If you ever have a chance to go anywhere on holiday I suggest there if only JUST to see the Nou Camp.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RenDMC

I am going to see it on 4th of July. and I hope it is going to be as you wrote so. I am going to south Spain for holidays but I decided to visit Barcelona on the way and one of the reasons was a Camp Nou. the second one is a Gaudi and the unfinished Cathedra designed by him

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I always support any English team in Europe and not only wanted Man U to win but genuinely believed they would do.

How wrong I was.

Once Barcelona scored they were head and shoulders the better team and deserved to win.
Man Utd had no answer to their passing and showed an unusual lack of creativity.

I was suprised Fergie started with Anderson and left Scholes on the bench but I think it would have made little difference on the night.

Barcelona can quite rightly call themselves the best team in the world.

I hope Ronaldo shows a bit of loyalty to Man Utd and stays to try and help them regain the title, but I very much doubt it.

Tevez?
Who knows how that will end up, I suspect there will be a few more twists in that tale, but he is a fantastic player.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

agree with you on Ronaldo. Tevez - really good amigo. I hope he is going to stay. and Barca was a perfect team tonight. or rather MU did not play its game. so or so, score is fair. and Messi is an excellent guy. he was not playing well with Chelsea but tonight - just perfect.

and BTW, I like british/english football except Chelsea. most probably cause of the owner but also because in the past they were playing the football much more closer to the italian style as to the broitish one.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

They had no answer to Messi playing in the hole, instead of on the left as they expected.

This freed up space for Xavi and Iniesta.

In much the same way as Gerrard played at OT they had no answer and didn't pick him up properly from either defence or midfield.

It spoiled MU shape and disrupted their rhythm..

The best team won.

top topics

join