It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Sweden was supposed to release their files. What happened?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Hey I found this. Has any one been able to find anything that was released?

source

Breaking News! UFO Sweden is releasing thousands of UFO files beginning May 9-10, 2009, according to a news story in Swedish online news magazine Expressen.

Translation of the story was provided by Exopolitics Sweden and editor of Soul Travel Magazine. Sassersson's translation states that:

"Besides the 18,000 Swedish cases are thousands of cases from Denmark and other Nordic countries. Thousands of US cases on micro film are too included. The archive (Norrkoping) will be open to the public domain starting with May 9-10, 2009.

The chairman of UFO Sweden Clas Svahn mentions one case of special interest, a case from 1980. A cigar shaped UFO submerged itself into a mountain lake and never came up again according to witnesses. Svahn comments, "it may still be there, since the lake never been monitored by divers."

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Wasnt it realesed for like a day? Or something
or am i just imagining things again

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You might want to check this thread.

NOTE:

Originally posted by Xtraeme
From the original article it says word for word:

Swedish group opens 'world's largest' UFO archive

The world's largest UFO archive, with over 18,000 Swedish reports, pictures and foreign reports over mysterious happenings was opened to the general public in Norrköping in eastern Sweden on Sunday.

"There was a great interest," said Clas Svahn at UFO Sweden.

A Swedish pilot in a Draken plane was flying over Småland in a training exercise in the 1970s. He received the order to break the exercise and fly towards an unidentified object lying still on the water.

As he approached the object suddenly shoots straight up - and the pilot takes up the chase. Despite full speed the pilot soon loses the object and it is never identified.

The event which confounded the pilot, is just one of the reports recorded in the world's largest UFO archive in Norrköping in eastern Sweden. It is one of up to 1,000 reports worth taking a closer look at, according to Clas Svahn.

The Swedish UFO association held a series of lectures on Saturday in connection with the temporary opening of the archive.

"175 came to listen and there was a great interest. There were more than we have seen in recent years and there was a serious interest. We are very happy," he said.

There were then around 70 people in Norrköping for the opening of the archive on Sunday.

The archive is now closed once more, as the association works on a voluntary basis and does not have the time to do more than show the archive to, for example, researchers.

"One can come and have a look but in that case you have to arrange an appointment."

In response to the question over whether he believes in the existence of UFOs, Svahn answered:

"I am completely convinced that there is life in space. If life can exist here then it can exist elsewhere. But can they travel here? There is no conclusive evidence, but I do not want to answer for certain. There are mysterious phenomena that we can not identify, and they are not only optical illusions," Clas Svahn said.

I don't see any mention in the original article of Swedish governmental involvement. Am I missing something? I've done some digging and most article I've read seems to skim over who it is exactly that's releasing these documents.

According to this article, it sounds like it's the private group UFO Sweden, not the Swedish government. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

[edit on 27-5-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I looked at the site itself,from Wiki's links,
it's old and not really updated,

www.ufo.se...

new topics

top topics

join