It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

jehovah's witnesses step forward!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It makes you wonder just how many Jehovah's witnesses or ex jehovah's witnesses there are on below top secret and above top secret,there seems to be loads of threads about that particular religion.

anyone like to take a count???

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by illece

It makes you wonder just how many Jehovah's witnesses or ex jehovah's witnesses there are on below top secret and above top secret,there seems to be loads of threads about that particular religion.

anyone like to take a count???

Forward stepping!

My name is Maribel... howdie

I am a very active JW's.

If you would like to know more about us, please visit our official website HERE and click on the "beliefs" tab.

If you would like to know a little about me, go HERE to visit my youtube channel.

I think it's great the sudden interest about JW's here on BTS/ATS. So much misinformation about us out there, that maybe the recent threads can help clear some things up.

PEACE!!!!

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by illece

why the banned emoticon?

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by illece

Here. I mean, I am trying to be a good Witness, but were all imperfect.

I had noticed illece on another thread you mentioned slipping up and looking at anti witnesses websites, and that caused you to questions some of your beliefs.
I am only recently reinstated, but before I made the decision to return after 12 years, I looked quited a bit for anti-witness information, and what I came accrose generally had such a tone that it was obvious to me most of it came from people who we unhappy about being disciplined for unrepentant actions, and seemed as the type to not be able to take responsibilty for their actions, ya know, the kind that try to say its always somebody else's fault.
There was also stuff about early witnesses, and the possible backgrounds of early presidents, date making, personally I chalked those things up to the Bible Students being just that, and as they dug deeper and came to more accurate understandings, they progressed spiritually. The organization of Jehovahs' Witnesses today is not that of the Bible Students from begining of the last centurey or of the centurey before that, although the thirst for knowledge and truth certainly is still the same.
The other type of material I came accross was based on doctrinal teachings...based on your knowledge of the bible does the trinity ring true to you? Does the teaching that there is only a heavenly hope sound right? How about there being a hell?

Anyways, with regards your looking into other things and finding something that didn't settle well with you, pick an elder in your hall , make some time, tell him your concerns and where you got the information from.
I know, maybe you feel "guilty" or may be afraid you'll be in "trouble", but I am sure the elders will only reassure you and probably comend you for testing things. And if there is ir-refutable evidence that Jehovah's Witnesses are bearing false teachings or unduely cruel, or whatever, then by all means inform the world!
But most importantly, talk to someone at your hall about it, take the time and do the reasearch to test out the claims whatever they may be.

Your brother

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by miriam0566

hi
when i chose the emoticon i thought he was just counting or reading,my mistake.

posted on May, 29 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcouncil=wisdom

hi xcouncil.
congratulations on reinstatement :

i agree with you a lot of the websites are just bitter people trying to act the apostate,but there are some that the witnesses don't seem to refute.
and as for talking to elders i did try that once,asked for a shepherding visit because i was spiritually low,two elders came after ministry,almost the first thing i was told was they couldn't stay long they had to leave to See a sick brother. wouldn't dare now. I do think i would be marked as bad association,and my son is an elder in a different congregation so don't want trouble.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I always wondered about this religion myself. I had a friend in 8th grade who was Jehovahs Witness and it was his birthday, and I wanted to give him a card but he said he wasnt allowed to recieve it because he would get in trouble by his parents. I felt bad. Everyone deserves a birthday card on there birthday!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

hey jess, i just wanted to say that i really like your sig...

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thank you Miriam! =] I tried reading yours and then I saw it was in a different language haha. What does it mean?!

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
if you can read this, your over educated... (latin)

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by illece

Don't wanna rock the boat huh? Then talk to your son! Doubt is a terrible thing, so is a marred conscience. Ask him for his thoughts on this material. I mean is it really irrefutable? Or is it possible that it could be veiwed in a different light?
Just thoughts.

Have you had your District Convention yet? Just had ours last weekend...it was GREAT! The Drama was a modern day version of the prodigal son...everyone in my row was crying....my sister, my mother, my brother, another sister behind me, sniffles all around.
When is yours?

posted on May, 31 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   

can't wait!!!

mine is not till August

But I already know what the new publications will be.

posted on Jun, 2 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I dint want to speak to my son because he would ask what websites i had been looking at,i am worried i might cause him to look at them as well thus causing him to doubt. He and his wife are really happy in there congregation and love the religion.

Our convention is at the end of the month.

posted on Jun, 23 2009 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Sundays symposium was the best i've ever heard.

new topics

top topics

join