It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public may not hear fate of Greyhound bus killer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Public may not hear fate of Greyhound bus killer

www.cbc.ca

The fate of a man who decapitated a fellow passenger on a Greyhound bus last summer may not be made public.

Vince Li was found not criminally responsible for killing Tim McLean in July 2008 on a bus heading to Winnipeg, so it is now up to a review board to decide his fate.

Manitoba's Criminal Code review board is to meet next Monday to assess whether Li should be institutionalized or given a conditional release.

But the review board's chairman, John Stefaniuk, said making the decision public could violate Li's rights as a patient.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Man decapitates passenger aboard Greyhound bus in Manitoba
Greyhound bus killer found not criminally responsible
McLean's mom: 'What took them so long?'
'God is punishing Canada'

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Wow, I don't know what to say about this story. If Vince Li gets a conditional release then I have absolutely no faith in the Canadian justice system. Also by making the decision not public if they do = double wow.

Last summer Vince Li beheaded Tim McLean on a Greyhound bus in Manitoba and even ate parts of his body. He was found not criminally responsible for the crime because he was "mentally ill" @ the time of the killing. Vince Li obviously needs to be institutionalized.

I hope Tim's family and friends find some justice and peace in their lives.

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
This has been a weird story from the beginning. Some people still have not heard of the bus decapitation incident, which is weirder still.

If the guy is insane, he should be locked up for life. Once a person has removed a head, he has pretty much demonstrated what he is capable of. Didn't he start eating the guy as well or was that from another story?

In my opinion, he just doesn't belong out in the population.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Truly disturbing, to know the Canadian Government would continue to consider an animal such as Vince Li a man, at all, anymore.

In my opinion, Vince should be put down, just like a dog would be if it killed an innocent person.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Another proud moment for me as a Canadian.

Honestly the whole insanity thing has never made sense to me. What is the difference if I am insane or normal when I brutally murder someone?

Am I any less dangerous if I am found to be insane? I don't think so, and in fact I think the contrary could be more true. At least if someone brutally murders someome and at a later date they go to possibly kill again, at least there remains some slight possibility that they could be talked out of it. An insane person doesn't give a damn.

In cases like this, especially with the brutality that was used and the insane terror the other passengers felt, he should be exterminated.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Just thinking out loud, maybe this Vince Li head was messed up in some experimental type way, accidentally dosed up with some drug and he got away by accident?

I mean that's kind of a good starting point for some low budget mass gore horror film maybe, but stranger things have happened right?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
At best, such offenders should be put down, at worst (since we don't have capital punishment) this should be prison sentence for life. Yes, he should be in a prison and receiving his medication there.

The fact that he is insane and unpredictable makes him that much more dangerous than a sane criminal. he can be walking on the street, pick on someone helpless.

The proceedings shoudl be made public, this should not be covered. And he should end up in an institution for life.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Vince Li was possessed when he decapitated and ate parts of a fellow
passenger. What this means is that he was a prisoner in his own head as djinni used his body to commit this heinous act. He had no control over the actions of his body and was powerless to stop the crime. That being said, his body is still possessed unless it has been exorcised, so it could repeat like crimes. The djinni are documented in the old and new testament (legion) and the Quran as well as the pseudepihgraphia.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by debris765nju

Well, coming from that angle, it still doesn't make a difference. If we were meant to have no responsibility then we'd have no "choice". Since we do, we do.

posted on May, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Here's another update.

Victim's family to demand Li's fate be revealed

The family of a young man beheaded on a Greyhound bus last summer will demand that Vince Li's fate be made public.

Lawyer Norman Boudreau, who is acting for Tim McLean's family, said he will argue Monday that Manitoba's Criminal Code review board has no right to keep secret any part of its ruling on Li's fate.

Li was found not criminally responsible for killing McLean in front of horrified Greyhound passengers near Portage la Prairie last July.

A judge ruled earlier this year that Li suffered from untreated schizophrenia and did not realize that killing Maclean, a 22-year-old carnival worker, was wrong.

Li is to appear Monday before the review board, which will decide whether Li will remain in the custody of a mental hospital or be released on a conditional sentence.

www.winnipegfreepress.com...

new topics

top topics

join