It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE Black Pope

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Mods, I did a search, really I did. I didn't find any thread dedicated to this topic. Feel free to tell me otherwise.

I heard mention that the Jesuits are ruled by the Black Pope. Much of the info I see on the Internet looks, shall we say, a bit dubious. There's the numerous links to the article in Spectrum May 2000 article

[i["Jesuit Superior General, Peter Hans Kolvenbach S.J., has begun a week's visit to Venezuela traveling throughout the country to see the work of the 200 Jesuits stationed here.

Also called the "Black Pope" because of the Jesuits' special vow of obedience to the Pope -- which converted them into the Roman Catholic Church's shock troops during the counter-reformation -- as well as the color of their garb which contrasts with the white Papal.

Peter Hans Kolvenbach was elected superior in 1993, succeeding the famous Pedro Arrupe, who guided the society into post-Vatican II territory and made the defense of human rights the society's flagship. This is the first time the Dutch-born Father Kolvenbach has made an official visit to Venezuela. He was ordained to the priesthood in 1961 and has been Provincial in the Middle East (Lebanon, Palestine and Egypt). "
www.vheadline.com...

www.revelationwebsite.co.uk...

What I am looking for is any information or thoughts on The Black Pope and his role in the Catholic Church, NWO, the Jesuits, and the world today,

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
A black pope? There is only one offical pope. He is white. He is also stupid. I don't see what you mean. Black people being a pope I don't buy it

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuzubar
A black pope? There is only one offical pope. He is white. He is also stupid. I don't see what you mean. Black people being a pope I don't buy it

(sigh) For crying out loud....I assume you didn't even read the post did you? Some times I wish I had a "ban" button.

Maybe you guys shouldn't be so proud of the "massive ATS growth" and 800 new members in a day or whatever, eh?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   

::Sigh::

What happened to our slogan "Deny Ignorance"

For your information Zuzu, the leading canidate to replace John Paul II for the papacy is a BLACK MAN (Bishop) in Nigeria.

Nigeria is in AFRICA.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Funny thing about the Jesuit General,,,,many catholics dont even know who the guy is.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I don't know a lot about this subject, but I was just starting to read this article. I'll comment more when I play catch-up. Isn't there some Nostradamus prediction about one of the Pope's?

Why is the POPE's Jesuit General Kolvenbach NICKNAMED Black Pope?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Yeah I was saying a pope must DIE. It could take years for that to happen. BTW there is a lot of candidates for the pope. He won't be the pope

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Yeah I was saying a pope must DIE. It could take years for that to happen. BTW there is a lot of candidates for the pope. He won't be the pope

Please, READ the links for THIS topic. What you are talking about has nothing to do with Pope John Paul II. FYI, Cardinal Arinze has an excellent chance to become Pope. Although, he will not be the first African Pope, and probably not the first balc Pope.
Back to the topic

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
You can't have 2 popes! Focus on the present man! I read your link. I think it's semi -interesting. As long as he is a good christian I don't CARE if he is black. You can't just replace a pope. He must be critically ill or die.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Jesuits do not follow "a black pope". The is only one pope and the faithful follow him. BTW most parish priets are Jesuits.

Zuzubar, what is your basis for saying he is stupid?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I was making a joke. I don't actually believe he has magical powers ok.

The pope is an ordinary person! He is stupid like every one of us.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's misleading to call the Jesuit Superior General, the "Black Pope". There have been many figures in history who have held the same tag.
The Jesuit Superior General is subordinate to the Pope.

www.jesuit.org...

As you can see it's pretty small as far as religious orders go. Although, historically, the Jesuits may have been fighting monks, when you study your history you can see that they were really only one of literally hundreds of groups which took up the sword for Christianity. They're really not that old when compared to some of the other factions either. Their founding seems to bear a lot in common with the much earler Knights Templars.

As for a black pope in regards to race. I think that this is a very likely thing to happen within the next century. Catholisism is having a hard time in the developed world. It's credibility in the West is waning and to survive it needs to target a new audience. It's hardcore followers are thriving in the underdeveloped world where the Church's dogma is still not understood, talked about or questioned. The Church relies on the Third World for it's bread and butter power base. What better way to shore up this base than by appointing a black pope?

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
The 'Black Pope' is a nickname given to the Superior-General of the Society of Jesus (The Jesuits). It may relate to the fact that he wears a black cassock, or may imply secret and dark knowledge.
www.belowtopsecret.com...

Personally, I think that Cardinal Lustiger has a good chance of becoming the next pope. It'll be scary if I'm right though.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
When i first saw the title of this thread, I thought you was reffering to some sort of satanist who called himself "The Black pope". Anton LaVey called himself "The Black pope" even though he doesn't believe satan to be a demonic figure.

But anyways, as Illmatic67 said, that black dude is very likely to be the next pope

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
if you want to read some interesting stuff on the black pope visit revelationwebsite.co.uk...

click on vatican assasins and read away !!!!

[Edited on 30-4-2004 by watcheroftheskies]

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by CommonSense
Jesuits do not follow "a black pope". The is only one pope and the faithful follow him. BTW most parish priets are Jesuits.

Well, I don't know where you live, but that is certainly not true in metropolitan Detroit. There are few, if any, Jesuits nearby. I wonder if I've ever even met one!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I drank with a monk once. Feck me, those people can really drink !!!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller
As for a black pope in regards to race. I think that this is a very likely thing to happen within the next century. Catholisism is having a hard time in the developed world. It's credibility in the West is waning and to survive it needs to target a new audience. It's hardcore followers are thriving in the underdeveloped world where the Church's dogma is still not understood, talked about or questioned. The Church relies on the Third World for it's bread and butter power base. What better way to shore up this base than by appointing a black pope?

I agree the Church will be "kissing up" to 3rd world countries. The time of Europe and the US is past. One could probably argue that the Church is not much of a religion for the thinking man.

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe

Originally posted by CommonSense

Well, I don't know where you live, but that is certainly not true in metropolitan Detroit. There are few, if any, Jesuits nearby. I wonder if I've ever even met one!

I stand corrected. You're right that most of the priests in metro Detroit are diocesan priests, not Sj's. There are about 170 Jesuits in the Detroit Province of the Society of Jesus which is headquarted onn 7 Mile in Detroit. U of D is run by the Jesuits. Many of them also assit at parishes on the weekends. Hmmm, Metro Detroit? Anywhere near West Bloomfield?

BTW, the Jesuits biggest claim to fame if you will, is education and the opening of schools.

[Edited on 29-4-2004 by CommonSense]

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Pisky,

You are absolutely correct again. Cardinal Lustiger does appear to be the next annoited one. I don't get to vote, but his name also equals 666 and there is a bible code about him. It will take me a while to find the link. When I do, I'll edit and post it for the sake of discussion and disection.

The monks I have known also drink deeply. Not even in my youth could I keep up. Always thought that had to do with the celibacy thing. Deny one sense, allow another. Wacky reasoning, but appears to be the case. By the case....forgive me for that pun. I couldn't resist.

As to the Jesuits, you're on your own mate. I don't mess with them. Scarry mfers. Our last priest in the parish was a jesuit. Also the chaplain where I went to high school. You don't mess around with sin and those jacks. Mea culpa,
rad

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join