It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teaching Conspiracy Theory in Schools

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminatus I

Personally I think your trolling for arguments. With such biased comments like

do you realize that it is mostly just paranoid delusions that has no place in an intelligent environment?
and

What do you guys think of all these people revising events and history in order to make a profit off of the gullible?

It is obvious your not wanting do discuss the relevence of teaching conspriacy in school but rather you display a desire to flame.

If it is sincerly your beliefe that the majority of ATS posters are paranoid and delusional then why bother hanging out on a board like this unless its your sole desire to get your jollies at the expense of others?

[edit on 26-5-2009 by titorite]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by suzque66
I was thinking, why not allow open concept lectures and discussion in PS. Students are taught history and current events but they are not actually taught how to analyse how something in history could have been avoided or how to be active in what is occuring now. Explains why many sit by idle as bad things happen. I assume they feel hopeless and useless to do anything about it to create their own history changing for the better.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by suzque66]

That would be one point of some type of Conspiracy Institute. It would encourage people to analyze history to the point where it become clear that events were not solid, but malleable and that historical revisionism (that would be a class too) is possible, logical, and reasonable.

A modern discourse on how the holocaust never happened, for example would encourage students to look for holes in the claims of the winners of world war II and to scrutinize all evidence down to the smallest detail. The point is not that the holocaust didn't happen, but the processes of investigating the axiom that it didn't.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus I
It's just another strange formality that people do. If you open your mind, you could see that other similar rituals can be considered creepy: Christmas, birthdays, HALLOWEEN[/n] etc...

They all have their weird elements. Candles on Cakes? Putting a tree in your house? Wtf?

Who puts candles on cakes? Who puts trees in their houses?

WHO DRESSES THEIR CHILDREN UP AS MONSTERS AND TAKES THEM AROUND TO GET CANDY FROM STRANGERS?!?!

Crazy people, that's who!

It's laughable that this would be considered the same thing. Lighting candles on a cake isn't too creepy, it's perhaps weirdly traditional. A tree in a building is a bit strange. Getting dressed up in KKK like cloths and having so many people who claim to be "christian" taking part in a ritual that is so close to Satanistic, and taking into consideration how many people that are in positions of power, harboring this in unison is pretty disturbing.

When so many people at once, for political acceptance...lie about being "religious" and then go and do something like that..it points to something very off center. Technically anybody who yells so loudly about being "Christian", any religious person knows that if you're serious...you shouldn't even consider dabbeling in borderline cultish activities. Letting little children dress up as they like and get candy is different from grown adults who are supposed to run our countries, burning something representing a human form.

I hate to tell you...but if someone said they snuck some footage of me going house to house getting candy, i wouldn't flip the hell out. Did you ever think that maybe getting used to such strange things may very well be part of it so that when we see an example of something truly strange, people will stop before judging something that they should.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by EctoCooler HiC]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I am sure that any conspiracy nut worth their salt would not want their kids to be taught Conspiracy Theories by the same hidden government that they believe runs the rest of the world. Actually, I am suprised that any one of them would even send their kids to school. I guess it wont matter after the flu hits in the fall and them and all their children die, because they are afraid it is just a way to put the chip in them or poison them.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by justsomeboreddude
I am sure that any conspiracy nut worth their salt would not want their kids to be taught Conspiracy Theories by the same hidden government that they believe runs the rest of the world. Actually, I am suprised that any one of them would even send their kids to school. I guess it wont matter after the flu hits in the fall and them and all their children die, because they are afraid it is just a way to put the chip in them or poison them.

That's a good point. How do these people even know that kids aren't just being taught the government's version of the vast conspiracy?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

That's a good point. How do these people even know that kids aren't just being taught the government's version of the vast conspiracy?

how do you know that anything before 1900 didn't exist? and that people a certain age when your parents were born were just robots put here.
that all history is just pre packaged fables about peole that never existed... and every planet gets the same history...
and REAL experience only starts at like 1900.

alot more efficient for people managing young planets huh?
cost effective.. reliant stories that have covered all the bases.. no big holes in them.. etc..

how do you know all of that DID happen?

you don't

could be some matrix-program flim flam.

no way you can prove it all happened... you just saw pictures in a book about it.

flim flam i say.. flim flam.

-

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EctoCooler HiC

It's just another strange formality that people do. If you open your mind, you could see that other similar rituals can be considered creepy: Christmas, birthdays, HALLOWEEN[/n] etc...

They all have their weird elements. Candles on Cakes? Putting a tree in your house? Wtf?

Who puts candles on cakes? Who puts trees in their houses?

WHO DRESSES THEIR CHILDREN UP AS MONSTERS AND TAKES THEM AROUND TO GET CANDY FROM STRANGERS?!?!

Crazy people, that's who!

It's laughable that this would be considered the same thing. Lighting candles on a cake isn't too creepy, it's perhaps weirdly traditional. A tree in a building is a bit strange. Getting dressed up in KKK like cloths and having so many people who claim to be "christian" taking part in a ritual that is so close to Satanistic, and taking into consideration how many people that are in positions of power, harboring this in unison is pretty disturbing.

There is nothing objectively different between burning a cake, a cross, a scarecrow, or any other inanimate object. If they start burning people, give me a call. Otherwise, your "satanistic" interpretation has nothing to do with reality.

I hate to tell you...but if someone said they snuck some footage of me going house to house getting candy, i wouldn't flip the hell out.

Yeah, but you might if you were on your way somewhere more important and some jerk got in your face and started making it sound like you were a Satan worshipper or an occultist.

Alex Jones has the skills to take anything you saw and skew it for his agenda. If you were to say, "I'm just taking my kids to get candy... we're having fun!"

He'd reply, "Yeah! Having fun worshipping satan and exposing your children to high fructose corn syrup and the whim of strangers' pedophillia"

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Exactly! And how do they know that the government isnt just making up new conspiracies to cover other conspiracies. Kind of the old, I know that you know that I know that you know scenario.

Pretty soon the kids wouldnt even believe in the laws of physics because they werent there to view the experiments that proved them. It would just become a never ending cycle of simulated retardation to the point that the whole country would fail, because no one would believe in anything.

Then once you dont believe in anything, your mind starts making up wild answers to explain the world around you and you end up like a lot of ATS members. You know what I mean, those that think they are special or everything is a conspiracy because they never learned critical thinking skills in school.

It could be a disaster. De-evolution at its best. Maybe this whole conspiracy way of thinking was introduced by our enemies to destroy us.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

how do you know all of that DID happen?

you don't

could be some matrix-program flim flam.

no way you can prove it all happened... you just saw pictures in a book about it.

flim flam i say.. flim flam.

a Matrix, sure. That's why Alex Jones called his movie the Matrix of Evil... because it's such a loaded word.

Maybe he can make a sequel called The Holodeck of Evil.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yes, Illuminatus. I am not sure that teaching this subject too young or too old would be anything but confusing though. It should be taught along side history, English and Geography coinciding with the pupils being allowed to question, react and be asked opinions at the time.

It is similar to having the news on and asking your kidlets 'what do you think of that??' instead of dead silence or a shocking 'whooah did you hear/see that?" Discussion is all that is necessary, allow kids to have a voice in their surroundings, they make better advocates in the future.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:20 PM
link   

That's not exactly what happened. He asked a question about a simple quote. Gergen referred to him "not walking around naked like they do" in an article. Alex...like anybody else interviewing someone..is allowed to ask about a quote, i hope you don't consider that too "in your face". He then boasts how he snuck the footage out and then Gergen got very offended. Even if normal things went on there and it was just for "security purposes" that he reacted in such a way, he stated that "i'm sorry! no one sets policy in there! you took an oath!!" He then asked him if he took part in the rituals and was told very angrily, that it's not any of his damn business. The funny thing is..the only one that was confrontational, was Gergen himself.

Children who trick or treat are not famous or presidential advisors...you better expect to be interviewed perhaps, crazy old me. Doesn't mean being asked a bunch of questions is "confrontational" and instead of just acting like it was a crazy concept, or acting annoyed, all Gergen did was confirm that what he takes part in should just be shut up about asap before he blows up. Of all the, yes i'll admit...times that Alex Jones has overreacted about things, during this particular "aggressive confrontation" it's probably the calmest i've ever seen any interviewer, commercial or inde, just simply asking some questions.

Perfect way to respond is...."well i do remember stating that quote you mentioned and what i meant by it is...i know of all the stories of people running around naked in the woods and thought I'd just take a fun jab at the allegations" Instead, all he did was make himself a huge target. He didn't seem happy when Alex said "well what about the rituals, are the rituals gentlemanly?" Alex was in no one's face, maybe at the end when he kept confronting him after Gergen had already blown up but he didn't scream in anybody's face, nor did he say anything out of line to provoke someone other than asking simple questions about what he wanted to know.

It could have been handled and denied very easily. Even in response to leaked footage, because after all...it's not like Gergen himself was caught on tape...and Gergen hadn't seen the footage..which means his reactions to the words "the ritual on tape" certainly means that he acknowledges they take place and aren't just light fun, and nor did he know if he himself was caught on tape doing anything since he hadn't seen it, which is why he didn't try to deny anything, because if the footage did include him he'd be exposed for a liar even worse. So blowing up, was his reaction to being put into such a position as he was, even though there was no hostility in the questioning that took place.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Exactly! And how do they know that the government isnt just making up new conspiracies to cover other conspiracies. Kind of the old, I know that you know that I know that you know scenario.

Pretty soon the kids wouldnt even believe in the laws of physics because they werent there to view the experiments that proved them. It would just become a never ending cycle of simulated retardation to the point that the whole country would fail, because no one would believe in anything.

Then once you dont believe in anything, your mind starts making up wild answers to explain the world around you and you end up like a lot of ATS members. You know what I mean, those that think they are special or everything is a conspiracy because they never learned critical thinking skills in school.

It could be a disaster. De-evolution at its best. Maybe this whole conspiracy way of thinking was introduced by our enemies to destroy us.

It would be ironic if the government operates exactly the way they teach us in school, but the CIA or some other organization just introduced some stupid conspiracy theories so people wouldn't pay attention to the real government operations because.. after all, the founding fathers said they never wanted the common man involved with government - the basis for the creation of the electoral college.

Most conspiracy theory is just political science for retards... Kind of like Survivor and American idle [sic] is entertainment for idiots. It's just garbage for your mind to to snake around in and get confused at all the endless loops and paths.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 07:41 PM
link   

That's not exactly what happened. He asked a question about a simple quote. Gergen referred to him "not walking around naked like they do" in an article.

I don't walk around naked like they do in nudist colonies. Is something wrong with walking around naked? He just said that he didn't walk around naked like the others. Is something inherently wrong with/with no walking around naked?

He then boasts how he snuck the footage out and then Gergen got very offended. Even if normal things went on there and it was just for "security purposes" that he reacted in such a way, he stated that "i'm sorry! no one sets policy in there! you took an oath!!" He then asked him if he took part in the rituals and was told very angrily, that it's not any of his damn business. The funny thing is..the only one that was confrontational, was Gergen himself.

How about if someone snuck into your daughters birthday party, filmed everyone walking around naked, and then walked up to you on the street asking about it saying that you were a pedophile because you had little girls skinny dipping at a 4 year birthday party? Of course you'd get offended and tell the guy to screw off. The point is, it's NOT any of Alex Jones' business. He snuck into a private gettogether. It's not his business.

Children who trick or treat are not famous or presidential advisors...you better expect to be interviewed perhaps, crazy old me. Doesn't mean being asked a bunch of questions is "confrontational" and instead of just acting like it was a crazy concept, or acting annoyed, all Gergen did was confirm that what he takes part in should just be shut up about asap before he blows up. Of all the, yes i'll admit...times that Alex Jones has overreacted about things, during this particular "aggressive confrontation" it's probably the calmest i've ever seen any interviewer, commercial or inde, just simply asking some questions.

Alex Jones is a smart guy. Pay attention to how he looks at people with a fat stupid smile on his face after he asks them a dumb question. He just tries to get a rise out of people, and he's good at it. Look at the kind of crap he pulls:

nor did he say anything out of line to provoke someone other than asking simple questions about what he wanted to know.

The questions themselves are provoking... which should be a subject taught at the institute.

It could have been handled and denied very easily. Even in response to leaked footage, because after all...it's not like Gergen himself was caught on tape...and Gergen hadn't seen the footage..which means his reactions to the words "the ritual on tape" certainly means that he acknowledges they take place and aren't just light fun, and nor did he know if he himself was caught on tape doing anything since he hadn't seen it, which is why he didn't try to deny anything, because if the footage did include him he'd be exposed for a liar even worse. So blowing up, was his reaction to being put into such a position as he was, even though there was no hostility in the questioning that took place.

Are you a Christian?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
He denied the quote. A birthday party is not the same thing as officials getting dressed in Klan-esque robes and taking part in rituals. That becomes our business. Government was originally supposed to be an establishment that was kept in check by its people and not controlled and left to make decisions without or noses butting in or being apart of making decisions. Unfortunately, dumbing us down has been successful so that we "let those people some where over there take care of it" because we're so distracted.

Anybody who wants to know what is going on when such strange activity is our business is not provocative. If I want to know what is going on when officials meet up to take part in such things, it isn't out of line to confront the topic. Am I a Christian? I wouldn't say I'm overly religious or a bible thumper.

I do think believing every little thing is stupid, I also think being in denial and thinking everything is leading to a nicey-nice reality with our government is also stupid. Regardless if you think what they do at Bohemian Grove is normal and fine and dandy and none of the people's business or not.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

He denied the quote. A birthday party is not the same thing as officials getting dressed in Klan-esque robes and taking part in rituals. Anybody who wants to know what is going on when such strange activity is our business is not provocative. If I want to know what is going on when officials meet up to take part in such things, it isn't out of line to confront the topic. Am I a Christian? I wouldn't say I'm overly religious or a bible thumper.

I do think believing every little thing is stupid, I also think being in denial and thinking everything is leading to a nicey-nice reality with our government is also stupid. Regardless if you think what they do at Bohemian Grove is normal and fine and dandy and none of the people's business or not.

What is wrong with dressing in a clanesque hat and performing some rituals. The Pope does it all the time. Does that make him evil?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:21 PM
link   

What is wrong with dressing in a clanesque hat and performing some rituals. The Pope does it all the time. Does that make him evil?

No (but i'm sure hardcore conspiracists would have a lot to say) but the Vatican isn't innocent either. With their prior ties to the Mafia. "Bohemian Priests" wear similar robes and speaking of ties, the KKK did have a nice history of taking part in many of the earlier rituals at the Bohemian Grove. It's not something imo, to just look past. I'm not saying the earth is hollow or that reptilians are eating my brain, I'm just very certain i wouldn't let anybody who takes part in those very same rituals baby-sit my kids if I knew them well let alone run my country and brush it off as "good fun" that I'm just refusing to be understanding about.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I don't know if this is true, but one of my history teachers once told us that she had to sign an agreement saying she wouldn't teach anything that made the U.S. look bad, when its not from the history book.

She was telling us about this U.S. corporation that sold baby formula somewhere in Africa. Once the women stopped producing milk they hiked up their prices. Then she said that she shouldn't be telling us that and how she had to sign that agreement.

I always wondered if it was true.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Personally I think your trolling for arguments. With such biased comments like

do you realize that it is mostly just paranoid delusions that has no place in an intelligent environment?
and

What do you guys think of all these people revising events and history in order to make a profit off of the gullible?

It is obvious your not wanting do discuss the relevence of teaching conspriacy in school but rather you display a desire to flame.

Personally, I think you should leave this thread. There isn't any room here for a giant ego that only wants to insult other members. Please leave because you may be making the others uncomfortable.

If it is sincerly your beliefe that the majority of ATS posters are paranoid and delusional then why bother hanging out on a board like this unless its your sole desire to get your jollies at the expense of others?

I guess you think that people who sell diet programs just get their jollies off by telling fat people they are fat?

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Almost sounds like a good idea for a school! Lol but if it was a real school they would be teaching their students why NOT to believe these theories. Government doesn't want our children to learn anything out of the norm, they already candy coat everything that is taught.

I think they change a lot of what is taught and make history seem a lot different than it really was. They feed us basic facts and try to avoid in depth discussion. That is why teachers and professors get so frustrated when a student proves them wrong or asks questions on material they were not planning on covering. They find ways to avoid our questions.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeahRayAnn
Almost sounds like a good idea for a school! Lol but if it was a real school they would be teaching their students why NOT to believe these theories. Government doesn't want our children to learn anything out of the norm, they already candy coat everything that is taught.

I think they change a lot of what is taught and make history seem a lot different than it really was. They feed us basic facts and try to avoid in depth discussion. That is why teachers and professors get so frustrated when a student proves them wrong or asks questions on material they were not planning on covering. They find ways to avoid our questions.

Yes LeahRayAnn, I have had that happen first hand. In sociology (of all places) an arrogant professor dissed me in front of a lecture room of 200 for stating a fact that was in the cirriculum of another professor. Yet, on a postive note ...a linguistics professor was astounded by something I commented on and he asked me to repeat it again, as he considered that it was never thought of before. I tend to think abstractly, the topic was speech patterns of an early African tribe and how they discussed spacial descriptions from objects instead of using the words 'here, there, 10 feet, 3 people away from/to etc'. I described a different meaning to what they might have meant by the words 'from this rock to that tree (here, there) and he was amazed and perplexed and spent a few silent moments reflecting and comparing.

Some professors (sociology) should not be so closed minded, yet are. And others that deal in actual fact and specific and detailed exact science sometimes are. You have to wonder about why some are in charge of so many young, fresh minds and the influence they have to close those minds to create the ideal student body.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join