It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teaching Conspiracy Theory in Schools

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminatus I

I agree with you on the symbolism that is linked to Holidays. Holidays are suppose to be to celebrate something with family. Not distribute presents or look for eggs. The way this is taught about in schools baffles me. Just one more thing they are doing to prove they (Gov't) can mold us into what they want.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminatus I

Originally posted by EctoCooler HiC
So when David Gergen gets all angry that a video was snuck out, of a creepy ritualistic play that takes place at the Bohemian Grove. Are people just delusional at observing his extremely out of place reaction? Just wondering..

It's just another strange formality that people do. If you open your mind, you could see that other similar rituals can be considered creepy: Christmas, birthdays, HALLOWEEN[/n] etc...

They all have their weird elements. Candles on Cakes? Putting a tree in your house? Wtf?

Who puts candles on cakes? Who puts trees in their houses?

WHO DRESSES THEIR CHILDREN UP AS MONSTERS AND TAKES THEM AROUND TO GET CANDY FROM STRANGERS?!?!

Crazy people, that's who!

the christmas tree is representative of the tree of life, the Sephiroth, a diagram of psychology, where each sphere is represented as a glowing orb (ornaments) and the shiney tinsel is the kundalini serpent shaped energy circuit that works it's way up to the crown chakra.. Keher, which is the star on the top.

it's not literally meant to be a "tree" it's meant to be symbolic of a tree.

the people in scary clothes are reminded of the resurrection of souls.. 'all saints day'.. it's symbolic.

the candles on a birthday cake are symbolic of the minorah the 7 origonal candles representing the 7 chakras, (churches) and the 7 bodies of spirit that we grow through spiritual development.

it's not crazy.. you just don't research things and obviously look at everything on the surface just like the average joe blow.

-

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge

the christmas tree is representative of the tree of life, the Sephiroth, a diagram of psychology, where each sphere is represented as a glowing orb (ornaments) and the shiney tinsel is the kundalini serpent shaped energy circuit that works it's way up to the crown chakra.. Keher, which is the star on the top.

it's not literally meant to be a "tree" it's meant to be symbolic of a tree.

the people in scary clothes are reminded of the resurrection of souls.. 'all saints day'.. it's symbolic.

the candles on a birthday cake are symbolic of the minorah the 7 origonal candles representing the 7 chakras, (churches) and the 7 bodies of spirit that we grow through spiritual development.

it's not crazy.. you just don't research things and obviously look at everything on the surface just like the average joe blow.

-

Yeah, if you ask anyone who celebrates those "traditions" how many will know that?

If they don't know it, then it doesn't mean what you say it does.

It means whatever they think it does - which is a tree and a costume.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Illuminatus, do you want a school that teaches about conspiracy theories or is it that you want to have a school that ridicules conspiracy theories?

I'm honestly not sure quite which one you want.

I hate it when people call these things conspiracy theories. People just call them conspiracy theories because they think they aren't true and keep people from looking into more stuff.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35
Illuminatus, do you want a school that teaches about conspiracy theories or is it that you want to have a school that ridicules conspiracy theories?

I'm honestly not sure quite which one you want.

I hate it when people call these things conspiracy theories. People just call them conspiracy theories because they think they aren't true and keep people from looking into more stuff.

I'm not sure what you mean.

The school is aimed at giving students the skills they need to manufacture their own believable conspiracy theories and to generate money from them, like Alex Jones, David Icke, Jordan Maxwell, and others do.

They would all of course get an Honorary Degree.

The point, I suppose, is to create theories which can't be proven, and are only expounded upon by ignorant, gullible people who would spread them as the truth.

You know, like the "hoax moon landing" crowd or the "Reptilians control the world" league.

It has nothing to do with ridiculing conspiracy theories or theorists or teaching about any particular conspiracy theory (besides as critical examples for instruction) but to create them in order to make a profit and create followings.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Dont we have enough crackpot theorists ruining our credibility? I like the idea. I would rather them be tought how to look for truth and to sort out lies (that seems to be all that our govt has been doing lately anyway).

Rather than just teach them how to make a profit we tell them about serious theories and about coverups and prepare them for the partisan age of news (the news doesnt act like a watchdog of the govt like we are lead to believe).

We could have Jim Marrs teaching about coverups and jfk. Alex Jones could teach you how to use a megaphone... we could have David Icke talk abouthow he markets himself... I just would want it to be serious too.

posted on May, 28 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankidealist35

Dont we have enough crackpot theorists ruining our credibility? I like the idea. I would rather them be tought how to look for truth and to sort out lies (that seems to be all that our govt has been doing lately anyway).

Rather than just teach them how to make a profit we tell them about serious theories and about coverups and prepare them for the partisan age of news (the news doesnt act like a watchdog of the govt like we are lead to believe).

We could have Jim Marrs teaching about coverups and jfk. Alex Jones could teach you how to use a megaphone... we could have David Icke talk abouthow he markets himself... I just would want it to be serious too.

Well it would be serious too, but it would ultimately be up to how the particular student wanted to see it. If the student saw it as a way to make purely money - so bet it. If the student saw it as a way to expose truth - okay!

The Institute is about the objective idea of conspiracy - beit the profitable side, the truth side, the bogus side, etc...

It teaches people to be successful at what they do... and what they do may be to expose truth, make a profit, or just to promote misinformation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join