It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do You Find it Hard to Connect to Non-Conspiracy Theorists ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:40 AM
link   
But why should we help people who don't want help?
I think this is imposing on their freewill; if they are happy in their dreamworld fast asleep, leave them to it.

When they have their own questions they can come and find some answers like we have.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 03:27 AM
link   
I do and I dont talk about it. I give them some information, but there is most certainly a line which I try very hard not to cross, but have
even recently.
I remember I was showing some work friends (and this type of info I dont normally do and will generally research it better, but I had gotten a little over excited and misread the article completely), the Moon Statue, and realised upon reading it a bit better what it actually said - whilst being told by a work mate that this was bullcrud as it wasnt not from a reliable media source arrgh
I thought it said NASA confirmed... derrrrr!!!!), normally I dont get embarrassed about it, but this time he announced it to everyone in the room (and its a biggggg roooommm)

Anyways I not long ago posted this on another thread - I really feel that the time is coming where people with our views will be sought out for what we know. The Veil is going to be lifted (The Apocalypse, in the true sense) so much is coming out now that its hard to keep track of a lot of things.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I'm so glad that you started this....and even more glad to see that it's not just me. We sound very much alike although I'm not lucky enough to have my husband on the same wavelength as me....he's slowly coming around but I wish he would speed it up

I find myself going on day/week long binges of searching and searching a topic I find interesting and then have a hard time concentrating on anything else...It's weird.

My friendships have not been lost but are definately different because I can't just sit and chit chat about meaningless things anymore...I do still talk to them, just not as frequent and certainly not as long. I hate feeling different all the time but yet, at the same time I'm glad that I'm not just a walking zombie accepting the garbage that is fed to us every day.

When I start feeling isolated, I get down on the floor and play with my little guy or load him up and take him to the park for a little fresh air and sunshine. It definately helps put things back into focus a little bit.

I definately know what you mean about feeling like you are amongst like-minded people when you come to this site. I've been coming here for about 6 years (just recently joined) and I have always liked the fact that people think completely out of the box. It's encouraging to know that I'm not really all that different afterall. Thanks again for sharing.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by blujay

Hey, I like American Idol!
As far as non conspiracy theorist, I always plant the seed of the idea in jest. You cannot un-ring a bell.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicpixie
I was wondering how many people here on ATS find it difficult (or impossible) to connect and/or build friendships with people who do not have any interest in conspiracy theories or non - mainstream news and books themselves ? I'm one of those people who don't read magazines, only watch about 2 hours of TV a week, read mostly non-fiction books covering every weird and wacky subject possible and so forth. My thoughts are ordinarily concerned with contemplating what I've been reading when they are not on humdrum domestic concerns, and I find it really difficult to chit chat about mundane stuff for too long before feeling terribly bored. Since joining ATS last year I've gone full throttle into the rabbit hole and it's been the most intellectually exhilarating ride of my life. My brain is only ever stimulated now when engaged with "rabbit hole" topics . I can't seem to switch it off for long , there is always something new to read about or think about or research. I see the world around me completely differently, but the problem is, that not a soul I know (apart from my partner) is on my wavelength ! It's so curiously isolating but when I'm here on ATS there is the sense of kindred spirits everywhere and that's a fabulous feeling. I just don't seem to meet anyone OUTSIDE of cyber space who I sense any kind of connection with.

I feel completely balanced psychologically so it's not as if I'm "overdoing" the research, it's just I have been changed at such a fundamental level since having my "eyes opened" that I just cannot seem to connect to people around me on anything other than a superficial level. It's also alot harder to feel any interest in people I might meet in the course of daily life as well....I don't know about you but I can instantly "know" if there is going to be some empathy between myself and another person and well...there never is this feeling.

Does anyone else here feel this way ? Does it get you down ? I feel like such an oddball sometimes, like an alien on my own planet

I do have to say to you that I used to be able to completely relate to what you have just created this thread upon.

Over the last 3 months or so though I have completely changed this entirely.

Once you find the answer you are looking for that satisfies your hunger for truth you will find that we are all on the same page entirely.

If I could say one thing to you it would be, enjoy being yourself and enjoy who anyone else is be it in agreement or disagreement for it is all part of the reason we are here but it really actually can be a great laugh.

Life is actually fun when you realise the whole truth. Yes it is annoying just as much but bliss is not in ignorance at all unless you choose that path.

Remember that because it will ring true when you realise the difference between knowing and walking.

[edit on 27-5-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicpixie

Yes I certainly do get extremely bored of people because of the usual uninteresting discussion we usually engage in.

But then again, thankfully, most of my friends are open to talking about these things, sometimes.

We have a huge database here at ATS for all sorts of information not available mainstream. I consider this place to be my disclosure haven, if we can call it that.

The point is; that while you may feel isolated from most of society because of the taboo of these fringe topics, at least you have thousands of people from all walks of life on the www and ATS who share your interests. They are only a click away. You are not alone.

Regards,

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I feel the same way. I have a few friends who are into this but everyone else I associate with is basically clueless about what's going on. I too feel the same way about this site. I cant wait to be able to get on here and read. I have read more information on here than ever before. Most of it is stuff I never really read before and it's great. It gets my mind thinking. I read quite a lot personally and this site has made that so much more interesting to me. I cant go to the bookstore and get the information I get on here in there. I love it! Last week a group of people were at work and they were talking about the lemur and they knew nothing about it. I chimed in with what I knew after reading various links on here and they all thought I was nuts. I asked a couple people today what they thought of N. Korea right now and they had no idea and then continued to talk about going out and what they were wearing. I left the room and got on my iphone and came here..lol For me I enjoy coming to a site where other people have similar interests and I get to have intellectually stimulating conversations and debates..

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

The more I get to know the more I want to share too! However anytime I bring something up they just look at me crazy. I was talking about UFO's and 9/11 a couple weeks ago and was told I was nuts and that I need to stop reading this site. I told this person to go and READ for themselves and then tell me I am crazy. It just drives me nuts that people will dismiss something with any research of their own. When I read something new and a bit off I read about it before I make a decision. I wish others would do that as well. A friend of mine just last week was laughing how I was talking about being prepared for various things. I looked at her and said you wont be laughing when SHTF and I am prepared and you are not.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
I get to have intellectually stimulating conversations and debates..

Key words there my friend: Intellectually Stimulating!

This is my main problem with the usual politics, crime, and economics news. Or even worse; Paris Hilton news. - its all boring, repetitive, vein, obnoxious, and NON intellectually stimulating. I'm sorry if anyone here is into that kinda stuff and may have offended, but I just find it so repulsively vile.

Regards,

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

This worries me and should do the same for you.

This is not an insult whatsover but have you ever wondered.

Truth as entertainment.

What is that??

Strange huh.

No offence.

I just find this very distrubing to say the least and I say it because I find it true not just for you but many others.

Intelligent conversation is stimulatiing but how can you ever relate to others if that is all you seek. That is entertainment.

See my point.

Respectively towards you and many others.

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
Truth as entertainment.

Hi XXXN3O,

No, I am not at all offended my friend. But not sure I'm understanding you though.

I don't like to use the word; Truth. I don't think anyone knows what the absolute truth is, and those who think they do are in grave error. And I certainly wouldn't attempt to parody such serious discussions as entertainment. I take these subjects (conspiracy, ufos, etc) very seriously.

Regards,

posted on May, 27 2009 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

I am simply saying just like I said it might not be directly at you as it seems is the case.

Many are viewing truth as entertainment in terms of who they connect with.

For example, people avoid others that are not clued up on conspiracy related topics, religious topics, ufo topics etc simply because they become bored trying to explain or they feel they do not get the chance to tell their story or views.

Takes two to tango if you get my drift.

I am sure you do from your reply.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join