It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology trial due in France

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I am all for anyone believing whatever they want, they have the right to folow whichever path they think is best for them, that said any religion that charges it's congregants for the pleasure of following that system is rediculous.

People can pay for it if they want, but they are only paying for the privelage of believing in someone else's belief system.

As for the 'mental manipulation?' This goes on in all religions, at all levels, if you need an example, let's think of all the children who get told if you don't believe in god, you will burn in hell for eternity.

Extreme example, but it serves the point.

EMM

Edit to add:

...do people also not have the right to be free of parasitic meglomaniacs more than freedom for scientologists to "work"?

They do, it is called choice, they chose to join this belief system, they could've chose not too. I disagree with Scientologies method of keeping people who have chose to leave, this is the angle that should be addressed, not the fact that they exist and are a different 'form' of religion.

Berenike, starred, very honest account.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

[edit on 26-5-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I truely hope that France keeps the intestinal fortitude to take these criminals down. In the US any other organisation that is not considered a church would already be in jail fighting RICO charges. If this happens in France it will have justified my fight against these charletans for the last 30 years. If you have lost family or friends to this group you know exactly what I mean!

Zindo

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZindoDoone
I truely hope that France keeps the intestinal fortitude to take these criminals down. In the US any other organisation that is not considered a church would already be in jail fighting RICO charges. If this happens in France it will have justified my fight against these charletans for the last 30 years. If you have lost family or friends to this group you know exactly what I mean!

Zindo

No. The church did not get recognized as a religion untill 1993, they were not "in jail fighting RICO charges" before 1993.

this is not the first time France has tried to do this but last time they tried to also ban Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses.
The Church won last time

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

you can just call and ask for the person you wrote the check to and ask for a refund or you can talk to the person in charge of the church there and ask for it. The refund policy is always posted in a public place inside the church, it is usually green and framed on a wall, read it and do what you want. On a side not i find it ironic that all these anti-scientologists (web sites and people) learn all their information from "leaked" documents, but the refund policy is never leaked. I guess if it was it would kind of shoot down their argument of the church ripping off and stealing from its members.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

You are obviously a member of this criminal organization. If you weren't, you would know that getting anything back from the organization is never going to happen. They are criminals and all those that support them are guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud. Good luck on your endeavor to become clear. I hope your money doesn't run out because if it does, you'll be out in the street like all the rest in the same situation!

Zindo

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

Oh yes im such a criminal because of my religious preference. Do you read alot of neo-nazi literature or are the similarities in logic just a coincidence?

[edit on 26-5-2009 by The Mack]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Mack

Thank you for coming back to me. I did a google search and found the policy you mention.

I didn't see it displayed at the Org I attended.

Unfortunately, it's far too late for me to do anything now. I did get some more services after all my complaining and eventually ended up back on Book One auditing - I needn't go into any more detail here.

Since so much money was involved and Book one auditing was so much cheaper I couldn't use up all my money on auditing before my yearly membership ran out.

So I asked if some of my money could be used to pay to renew my membership. That wasn't possible because it was a different department.:shk:

I bought a load of books to use up my money and left. There was no way I was going to put even more money into Scientology (by renewing my membership) just to be able to spend the money they wouldn't refund to me.

I hope you are not finding my tone antagonistic - I am stating as clearly as I can what happened to me as I think it is important for people to know what can happen financially.

I used to see the effects of Ron's birthday game every Thursday and noted the strain members of staff were under to rake in as much money as they could to meet their targets.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well i think it is importiant for people to know that anyone can at anytime request a full refund for all of the services they have received. All i see is that you spent money and got a service and instead of sticking to your guns you decided to buy a bunch of books. Then you want to complain online about it becuase you

think it is important for people to know what can happen financially.

Yes this is what can happen when you do not just say what you want.

I used to see the effects of Ron's birthday game every Thursday and noted the strain members of staff were under to rake in as much money as they could to meet their targets.

Okay im not saying you are a liar but you may have not understood what you saw. The birthday game is about statistics,get them up higher than they were last week, that is a bout all there is to it. There would only be a few people in any given church that had the income as their statistic while an auditor or a course room supervisor have nothing to do with the money they would be more focused on getting their student through the course they were on.

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   
[edit on 26-5-2009 by berenike]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Mack
Well i think it is importiant for people to know that anyone can at anytime request a full refund for all of the services they have received. All i see is that you spent money and got a service and instead of sticking to your guns you decided to buy a bunch of books. Then you want to complain online about it becuase you

think it is important for people to know what can happen financially.

Yes this is what can happen when you do not just say what you want.

Okay im not saying you are a liar but you may have not understood what you saw. The birthday game is about statistics,get them up higher than they were last week, that is a bout all there is to it. There would only be a few people in any given church that had the income as their statistic while an auditor or a course room supervisor have nothing to do with the money they would be more focused on getting their student through the course they were on.

I did stick to my guns and I said exactly what I wanted - many, many times.

My membership ran out before I could spend all the money I had in my account so I bought the books and left rather than spend hundreds more to renew my membership.

At that time, after all the problems I wasn't confident that I would continue to receive auditing.

I haven't said anything online that I wouldn't repeat to anyone face to face. I stood up for myself whilst I was at the Org - from the Head of the Org. downwards.

I have tried to balance my account of what happened over the money with positive remarks about auditing and the ordinary members of the Church of Scientology.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by berenike]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join