It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universe Destroying Thought

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:42 AM
link   
I was sitting around at one of my job sites talking to a couple guys who work for me about how the job was going and how long it was going to take them to finish th work. We talked for a few more minutes then I let them get back to lunch and started to head to another job site to make sure everything was going to plan.

As I was walking out the door when the homeowner, an older woman that reminded me of the Oracle or Matrix fame, stopped me - presumably to ask a few questions about her floor.

She said "I heard you in there talking and when you asked how long the work was going to last you reminded me of what my son used to talk about". Her son passed away a few years ago and I didn't find out until the end of our conversation that he was a multiple degree proffessor who worked at ORNL - Oak Ridge National Laboratories - Oak Ridge, Tennessee right outside Knoxville, TN

She said that when someone would ask her son when he woul be done with his work he would always go into a mood and talk about the literal power of individual thoughts.

Being that I am a naturally curious person, especially when it comes to mysterious subject and the fact that talking to this lady might create more work for me through referrals, I asked her what she meant.

She said that her son had the idea that there are thought s that people have that are truly powerful, explaining that some thoughts were almost magical. Again I acted interested, which wasn't hard at this point because I have never heard of this line of thinking before - and likely never again, so she would continue.

She said that her son believed that if enough people would think of a certain thing it would happen with certainty and quickness. She said that this is were prayer gets it's power and why it is utilized universally, not because of religion but because it is built in to our motherboard (she didn't put it that way, but that is what she meant)

She asked if I had ever known a horrible person, a person that most people who encountered them thought ill of them. Then she asked if I had ever heard of bad things happening to them and, like most of us, I had. On the other hand she said that there are good things that happen to people who are generall upbeat and good at heart. Though she made it clear that good and bad happen to everyone, it is how you respond and treat the enviroment your in that the events in your life are determined by.

She continued to tell me about this and what became a tradition in their family. Every week thy would have something that they desired. They would all think about this and it would come to pass.

It sounded wierd, but she said it never failed She said after her son had graduated from UTK (Univ. Tenn.-Knoxville) and entered the workforce that his attitude toward the weekly thought bombs ( again, my wording not hers) changed.

He said that he had been creeped out by some of the things that they tried when they came true. He studied prayer and eventually obtained a degree in biblical studies.

She said that after he had worked for ORNL for about 8 years his demeanor about regular things changed. He would hear someone say "How long is that going to take?", and respond with "depends on what you think" Most people would think he was just being passive, but really he was telling them how to answer their own questions.

She went on to say that, about a year before his death, he told her he believed that there was a particular understanding of knowledge that no one had ever thought (never as in: no one had EVER thought of it"

He told her that he thought that this our purpose in life. He told her that we are essentially here to achieve the highest level of understanding of everything - in unisen with the natural universe.

According to her son this was a very dangerous subject, if ever anyone got close to the understanding he believed that something would happen on a scale of everything.

He thought that if any individual ever obtained this line of thinking and understanding that the Unviverse and everything in it would cease to exist, immediately. She said he was very troubled by this because he had seen the power of subjective thinking in reality.

What troubled him the most is the questionif the niverse would end for the individual or for everything in the universe, including the universe.

He became paranoid that the world - and universe - would end at any moment. He worried himself that someone was getting close to the "Master Thought". She said he never told her where everything in the universe would go if this ever happened.

Could this be true?

edit for grammar

[edit on 25-5-2009 by esteay812]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Great thread. I truly believe that the human thought is made up of energy and emits energy also. In that, Einstein believes everything is made up of energy. And nothing more.

So when you say the universe could be destroyed by a single thought, in some way, I truly believe it!

I have a few questions though if you don't mind?

Did she say anything else about this "Master Thought"? and did she explain anything about where her son said the universe would go?

[edit on 25-5-2009 by Piranha]

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
My life experiences tell me that the general philosophy is correct.

However, I do not believe in this Master Thought, nor the destruction of the universe. We manifest the universe by the consensus of or beliefs, and we are manifestations of it, as if by our expectations we get to vote on what happens next.

I wonder how much of "Science" is instantiated by the consensus of scientists.

Do we truly slowly reveal the physical universe, or perhaps instantiate finer and finer mechanisms as we pry into it to discover it's secrets.
Did atoms and subatomic particles exist before men looked for them?

I will go farther and define the mechanism a little further.

We contribute to the consensus via numbers of people, their proximity, their focus on the subject at hand and their strength of belief in the particular outcome.

That the man in the story became caught up and believed so strongly in this undoing, may well have become his own undoing.

The consensus may very well extend beyond human beings.
We are unlikely to notice a change in the syntactical behavior of a programming command from one day to the next; based upon the consensus of the programmers working on in the same ship at sea, because the fish in the sea shift their interpretation of the syntax.

However if fish and insects contribute to the manifestation of the whole, the continued existence of the universe is probably assured, no matter how insane is mankind.

Christ said return love for hate! This is a metaphysical formula.

Return equal hate and there is twice the destructive energy set loose to manifest itself upon the world, return love and the hate is neutralized, balanced by the offset in the sum of all things.

You choose!

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Definitely an interesting thread, although 'Universe-destroying thought' would be a better subject as your current subject can be read a couple of ways.

I do disagree with the principle, though. I'm certain that thought is incredibly powerful. I'm also sure that we're capable of reshaping the universe with thought, perhaps even to the point of destroying life as we know it, but doesn't the law of energy conservation mean that it would be impossible to 'destroy' the universe, only reorder & restructure it.

I also find it hard to imagine that there is any unique thought anymore. in all the years that we, as humans, have been thinking, all those waking hours across all those people across all those years. I just can't imagine that there's anything that hasn't been thought of by someone somewhere before.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:23 AM
link   
You may be on to something OP, what if our universe is just a 'test' and continues until someone thinks up a certain thought, which ends the hologram?
You never know

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   
What a fascinating thread -- very thought provoking. Thank you for posting this, you have given me a lot to think about.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Nice thread. We should test this on a mass scale somehow, all at once. Just somthing small to see if it works. I mean if I have this idea, pretty sure the Government already has done or is doing somthing with this already. Also I have some Universe destroying question, If there is a God, Or Superme being, what was before them? And if there is, is there somthing higher then them? Theres some food for thought...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
The concept that you can make things happen by thought, is not new. The Indian religion and mythology is full of examples with this.

An individual thought may not, but a group of thoughts on a subject may make things happen.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sunny_2008ny
The concept that you can make things happen by thought, is not new. The Indian religion and mythology is full of examples with this.

An individual thought may not, but a group of thoughts on a subject may make things happen.

I presume you didn't read the whole post..

OP mentions how it's the same concept as prayer.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

I'm open to the possibility that our thoughts can affect reality. It's a proven fact that some people can affect millions with their thoughts. Think Galileo, Henry Ford or John Lennon...

In the case of this woman's son's ideas, I don't accept it. I don't accept that if somebody reaches a high level of understanding the Universe or they might disappear. Sounds more like the slow fall into delusional paranoia whereby the patient/victim/sufferer begins to think the world at large is predicated on their thoughts and actions....solipsism etc

Can the infinite material and quantum complexities of the whole universe (or more) be dictated to by the thoughts of a single human? That we are still around proves it can't...how many a*#holes and psychos have come and gone? Let's just face it, what small influence we have is like spitting in the rain compared to the influence the universe has over us

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
It has already been weaponized.

I had many experiences of it during my stay of several years on a ship in the Persian Gulf during the first gulf war.

When I came back, I researched the subject on the internet.

I found an article about it's weaponization and use in the gulf.

I have never been able to find that article or anything like it again.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

I can't remember the guys name, but there was a story of a guy who was some sort of monk. He would go into the deep meditative trances and whole villages would see him levitate high into the sky or around the village.

The story tells of how he managed to turn himself into pure light energy, and he did this with people watching... he never returned to his physical form.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

No I had a typo in the OP, she said he never told her where he thought the Universe would go.

She said nothing more of the master thought either. I have to go over there tomorrow to collect on the bill, maybe I can squeeze her a little.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Piranha

For an individual at a high level, their own view of the universe might change to a large degree, but that wouldn't affect the universe as a whole for others.The world wouldn't "end" or become radically different until everyone had a similar experience, God is an equal opportunity employer

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ghaleon12

Are you sure that God is so equal? Just look at how many people are falsley imprisoned in the USA alone, and many of them were put to death, surely an equal God wouldn't allow suffering of an innocent person based on the thoughts and actions of another.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Interesting thread, you definitely need to get more info from her, its funny as i've thought about this before and im not sure what to believe, i doubt the universe can be destroyed but perhaps in a sense it can to the individual, without consciousness does anything exist?

If there was a universe destroying thought it would likely be of a paradoxical nature, like how can the universe exist when nothing existing is more likely yet here we are, or if infinity is true doesn't that mean nothing and something should exist, existence itself seems impossible when you think about it, theres got to be a paradox somewhere, of course those are just words but the thought and understanding of this itself is what matters, i've thought about existence along these lines and found myself with the most seemingly profound thought which quickly stopped and left me wondering how i got it and what it meant, it was almost like i knew something then it was blocked before i could fully comprehend it, i even posted a thread about it here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by just theory

It is surely interesting to ponder. If this though was ever achieved would the Universe end in the eyes of the individual? Possibly. It's possible that when the thought is achieved that the universe as we know it would end and we would all exist in a different plane of existence, with all different laws of nature.

We would never know if this has ever happened because we would immediately be put into this plane and understand it. Like we had been there since birth. This new plane could possibly be unlocked with all new things to uncover, like flight electricity and other incredible things, different from our current laws.

Someone stated earlier in the thread that with all the people who have ever lived surely there had been someone who had this Master Thought. If there is a Master Thought it is possible that it has been thought of before and the universe has transformed into what we see today.

It is possible that this has happened several times, no one would ever know certainly. This is very far out, but anything is possible. Mark 9:23 "If thou canst believe, all things ARE possible to he who believes".

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by esteay812
She went on to say that, about a year before his death, he told her he believed that there was a particular understanding of knowledge that no one had ever thought (never as in: no one had EVER thought of it"

He told her that he thought that this our purpose in life. He told her that we are essentially here to achieve the highest level of understanding of everything - in unisen with the natural universe.

According to her son this was a very dangerous subject, if ever anyone got close to the understanding he believed that something would happen on a scale of everything.

He thought that if any individual ever obtained this line of thinking and understanding that the Unviverse and everything in it would cease to exist, immediately. She said he was very troubled by this because he had seen the power of subjective thinking in reality.

What troubled him the most is the questionif the niverse would end for the individual or for everything in the universe, including the universe.

He became paranoid that the world - and universe - would end at any moment. He worried himself that someone was getting close to the "Master Thought". She said he never told her where everything in the universe would go if this ever happened.

Could this be true?

Relax, you can say it's not just 'one man's work'. Even though you're not the final decider, it's always related to other people, it means you have something to say about it. About the fate of the world.

posted on May, 25 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This reminds me of this movie that looks like it is a kid's movie but is actually rather sophisticated, The Neverending Story, where The Nothingness takes over and the universe gradually disappears.
To combat the Nothingness you have to have positive thoughts or something.
This could be a way of understanding why Satan wants to put everyone under his control. I always wondered why that was so important to him.
What if he needs everyone in the universe to think what he tells them to think and the whole universe ceases to exist? Pretty weird.

[edit on 25-5-2009 by jmdewey60]

posted on May, 26 2009 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I'm currently working on the master thought, I'm VERY very close, it literally comes and goes, there are times when I have near epiphany of intelligence in the form of thought where I can almost figure out the answer to the universe. I almost faint upon the revolution then suddenly it's gone, all connections cease and I am no longer able to keep my thought up.

It takes extreme meditation, lots and lots of time in sweat lodges and isolation tanks and many spiritual revelations due to mind altering substances('___', shrooms, '___' to name a few)

If you figure out the universe, it will instantly disappear and replace itself with something even more complicated.

This has happened many times before. Many, many, many times before, although we will never know how many times, it has happened.

I've come so close to the master thought, I can literally feel it. I'm getting so close, soon I will be able to harness it completely. I don't believe the universe will be destroyed, although it will be replaced by something more complicated, we will still be here in essence.

And yes, no matter how crazy or unlikely it sounds, it's true. The mother's son she spoke about was also true in everything he believed. Human consciousness can be harnessed and used as a literal tool to change things.

[edit on 26-5-2009 by Deus Ex Machina 42]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join